[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

27 minutes ago, funnelton said:

Its not even that honestly, its just that scatterer wont work, with or without GU installed, worse thing is is that the game im trying to make it work on is another ''installation'' of ksp so i dont know where the player logs for that appear

Are you able to join the discord? (see page 1). There we can figure it out.

just wanted to ask .There aren't any resource definitions for the planets without using rational resources or space dust ? so i will have to download one of these two to get resources for KSPIE ? so far i only have Community resource pack for resources 

Edited by Damienm

10 hours ago, Damienm said:

just wanted to ask .There aren't any resource definitions for the planets without using rational resources or space dust ? so i will have to download one of these two to get resources for KSPIE ? so far i only have Community resource pack for resources 

In short: Yes you have to download something.

In detail: Community Resource Pack places resources at all planets but with basic randomization and only with consideration for crustal drills. (There is a sprinkle of random water in oceans and Argon in atmospheres.) You will have to get Rational Resources for crustal resource placements that are less "basically" random and more specialized, and more resources in atmospheres, oceans and in space near planets, and to some degree (very) near to stars too.

I cannot speak for Space Dust other than a mod indeed exists, not made by me.

How do i make KAX A* Have accretion? Is it singularity? because i have Insantatiator installed. Lich and all the other effects work just fine. Also betelguese only has one planet.

Edit: Singularity fixes KAX A*

Edited by siklidkid

Yeah, I've been looking through the galaxy planet by planet to find any other buggy planets with the shader glitch, and the only other one than the nova kirbani system's planets so far is Aethir.

I'll let you know if i find any more.

Okay, there are no more planets with the shader bug.

4 hours ago, siklidkid said:

Also, Blalo and some other clouded planet's back sides don't look dark, only the bottom part?

That's sunlight, Nova Kirbani is a binary, trinary if you even join Proksimus :)

And you can notice that changes depending  on the second light source's direction.

43 minutes ago, Kerbal Productions said:

That's sunlight, Nova Kirbani is a binary, trinary if you even join Proksimus :)

And you can notice that changes depending  on the second light source's direction.

Oh. Thanks.

Can I use another planet pack such as GPP along with GU, I wanna start a career with GU but stock system is kinda boring. I know there's a homeswitch mod but will the switched home system have insane science multiplier, hence broke the game balance?

3 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Can I use another planet pack such as GPP along with GU, I wanna start a career with GU but stock system is kinda boring. I know there's a homeswitch mod but will the switched home system have insane science multiplier, hence broke the game balance?

Yes, you can! I have a long running Gu + GPP save, so yeah, you can! The only really cosmetic problem for me is that latest GPP works with Scaterrer 0.0722 so GU planets don't have Scaterrer since they use the latest one.

:0.0:
Scrambling to install this now. I think I can already hear my potato computer begging for me to install a rational number of systems... This warning will go entirely unheeded.

Are EVE redux and scatterer required for the clouds to show up or will just EVE do?

Also can i download the Stellar Adventures expansion without the Worlds of Fire or Alien Worlds expansions? (btw what does stellar adventures actually do because it says on the first page it rearranges the galaxy but in the github changelog it also says that it adds more bodies)

Edited by Space Kerbalisation Tech

6 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

Are EVE redux and scatterer required for the clouds to show up or will just EVE do?

Also can i download the Stellar Adventures expansion without the Worlds of Fire or Alien Worlds expansions? (btw what does stellar adventures actually do because it says on the first page it rearranges the galaxy but in the github changelog it also says that it adds more bodies)

EVE redux/EVE is required for clouds only. Scatterer adds fancy atmospheric shading. 
-> EVE redux is a better option because it runs better.

Stellar adventures comes with an option to rearrange the mod into a galaxy. Aside from that it adds a whole bunch of stellar objects. 
I do not see a reason why you cannot download the Stellar Adventures expansion without the Worlds of Fire or Alien Worlds expansions.

2 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

Hmmmm wonder what this is?

In 7 days, we* will all die! There is a moon about to crash into a planet. Isn't it obvious from the screenshot?:cool:

*we who have seen the video and received the phone call image and read this thread. This was our 7 days notice.

4 hours ago, caipi said:

In 7 days, we* will all die! There is a moon about to crash into a planet. Isn't it obvious from the screenshot?:cool:

*we who have seen the video and received the phone call image and read this thread. This was our 7 days notice.

In 7 days will be out the first chapter of GU the series

A really cool mod! 

I've run into a problem, however, when using the GU_parts mods with Kerbalism. Whenever I use a GU antenna on a vessel in flight, I start getting NullReferenceExeption spam. I attached what i believe is the relevant section of the logs below. It looks like it has something to do with Kerbalism but I'm so experienced at reading the log files.  Any idea what might be causing  this or how to apply a fix? I've also asked on the Kerbalism thread to see if there's a fix on the other side.

Spoiler

[EXC 13:47:49.953] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.DB.KerbalismData (Vessel vessel) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.Init () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.AntennaInfo () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.GetAntennaInfo (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo..ctor (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.Update (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.EvaluateStatus () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.Evaluate (System.Boolean forced, System.Double elapsedSeconds) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)