[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

56 minutes ago, TycoonTitian01 said:

how is this mod performance-wise? I have Outer planets as well as wanting this, along with alot of smaller(ish) mods of varying stuff. (~220)

My specs:

i7-10700K CPU, 16.0 GB Ram,  GTX 1650 SUPER

I have a similar mod setup, as well as a set of graphics enhancement mods. CPU should be no problem, I'm running a Ryzen 3600X at about 20-50% load. RAM might be a bit tight, I have 32 gigs and I'm using anywhere from 16 to 20 consistently. My GPU is a 1660ti, and the 6GB of dedicated RAM is consistently maxed out. That appears to be the bottleneck, but it runs fairly well. I only really have major lag during loading screens, and occasionally when switching in and out of different scenes/map view.

Hope this helps!

Is the "Galaxy Mode"  unfinished? The only arrangement I can see is that a central black hole is surrounded by several very bright stars, the black hole doesn't even have gravitational lensing or an accretion disc, and I also expected Kax A* to be its name. The image showed on the poster appears to be a spiral galaxy, but ingame it's just the same as the non-galaxy-mode. I would like to know if I missed an important step or if this is just unfinished

5 hours ago, iterationAstro said:

Is the "Galaxy Mode"  unfinished? The only arrangement I can see is that a central black hole is surrounded by several very bright stars, the black hole doesn't even have gravitational lensing or an accretion disc, and I also expected Kax A* to be its name. The image showed on the poster appears to be a spiral galaxy, but ingame it's just the same as the non-galaxy-mode. I would like to know if I missed an important step or if this is just unfinished

You need stellar adventures and all systems enabled to get the spiral galaxy like shape from the poster. Instantiator and singularity are required for visual support as mentioned in the installationguide.

can you show screens or link logs?

Edited by StarCrusher96

I had Instantiator and Singularity installed before I turned on Galaxy Mode, Kax A* had accretion disc and gravitational lensing while Leethe had relativistic jets and also gravitational lensing. I installed all of GU on CKAN. It was working until I turned on Galaxy Mode and the Galactic Nucleus didn't feel like a black hole anymore

Edited by iterationAstro

Ok I reinstalled everything, the central black hole now works properly (loaded the game twice before starting a save), the visuals are now working properly, the central black hole is called S-096 Cytus*, apparently, but the stars still aren't aligned like a spiral galaxy, and I'm still a bit confused

65ebdb65aa9a898afdfe7e5c55f3ae0e.jpg

f4bb2d6e4c664598c41021dcdb41cfe8.jpg

4 hours ago, iterationAstro said:

Ok I reinstalled everything, the central black hole now works properly (loaded the game twice before starting a save), the visuals are now working properly, the central black hole is called S-096 Cytus*, apparently, but the stars still aren't aligned like a spiral galaxy, and I'm still a bit confused

65ebdb65aa9a898afdfe7e5c55f3ae0e.jpg

f4bb2d6e4c664598c41021dcdb41cfe8.jpg

Can you aligne the map view looking on top?
galaxy.png

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Can you aligne the map view looking on top?
galaxy.png

Mine does not look like this either, when using Galaxy mode with the full install and Instantiator and Singularity. It just has the regular stock skybox instead. 

All I get from Galaxy mode is that the Picasso/Cubism KSC deformation and frustum error logspam happens immediately on game start instead of only after first loading a flight scene at a distant star. Do you have any insights into how to avoid that issue or the other issues I posted on the previous page? I'm happy to post additional info or screenshots/logs if it would help.

18 hours ago, Grimmas said:

Mine does not look like this either, when using Galaxy mode with the full install and Instantiator and Singularity. It just has the regular stock skybox instead. 

All I get from Galaxy mode is that the Picasso/Cubism KSC deformation and frustum error logspam happens immediately on game start instead of only after first loading a flight scene at a distant star. Do you have any insights into how to avoid that issue or the other issues I posted on the previous page? I'm happy to post additional info or screenshots/logs if it would help.

I really need evidence or proof of the issues.  

Picasso/Cubism KSC deformation and frustum error logspam is caused by the fact Kerbin is no longer orbiting the body that represents Sun. Which in galaxy mode is the black hole. This is just KSP acting up and cannot be fixed. KSP was never intented for interstellar stuff. However the buttons on the left in the KSC menu will always work.  Scene switches work as well.

Edited by StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Picasso/Cubism KSC deformation and frustum error logspam is caused by the fact Kerbin is no longer orbiting the body that represents Sun. Which in galaxy mode is the black hole. This is just KSP acting up and cannot be fixed. KSP was never intented for interstellar stuff. However the buttons on the left in the KSC menu will always work.  Scene switches work as well.

Deformation happens when Kerbin is still in the original location as well. It pretty much always happens when I switch to a flight scene that is far away then switch back to KSC scene. But the fact that you're aware of it means that this is fairly normal with KSP at interstellar distances isn't it? That's sad. I was hoping there maybe was some workaround.

BTW you have a syntax error here:

[WRN 16:49:06.778] unrecognized trailer: ',*' on: GU/Configs/GU_Patches/Rescale_Sigma/2.5x/@EVE_CLOUDS[*]:LAST[GU]:HAS[@GU_GENERAL_Settings:HAS[#Scale[2.5]]],*

As for the Galaxy mode, here are some screenshots. I did restart KSP twice after enabling Galaxy mode. The only thing that really comes to mind is that the version of instantiator I used is fairly old, but it doesn't seem like there is a newer one. And here is the log

For the other issues, I'll post separately later as I need to capture some screenshots. Seeing as you are asking for "proof" I take it that those issues are not expected behavior so there is some hope for fixing them. 

30 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

Deformation happens when Kerbin is still in the original location as well. It pretty much always happens when I switch to a flight scene that is far away then switch back to KSC scene. But the fact that you're aware of it means that this is fairly normal with KSP at interstellar distances isn't it? That's sad. I was hoping there maybe was some workaround.

BTW you have a syntax error here:

[WRN 16:49:06.778] unrecognized trailer: ',*' on: GU/Configs/GU_Patches/Rescale_Sigma/2.5x/@EVE_CLOUDS[*]:LAST[GU]:HAS[@GU_GENERAL_Settings:HAS[#Scale[2.5]]],*

As for the Galaxy mode, here are some screenshots. I did restart KSP twice after enabling Galaxy mode. The only thing that really comes to mind is that the version of instantiator I used is fairly old, but it doesn't seem like there is a newer one. And here is the log

For the other issues, I'll post separately later as I need to capture some screenshots. Seeing as you are asking for "proof" I take it that those issues are not expected behavior so there is some hope for fixing them. 

That looks perfectly normal tbh. You can clearly see the spirals. 
From your screens.

unknown.png

This is what GU looks like without the Galaxy mode.

GU_Star_Map1.1.png

Add this mod to your modlist. To dim the background.

Edited by StarCrusher96

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Here's a gallery for the remaining issues as promised. These are the issues I described a few posts back, more comments are in the image descriptions. Some issues are just minor visual glitches that probably won't even appear when installing EVE/Scatterer while others are in the realm of making it difficult (cubism) to impossible (exploding on ground contact) to play. The logs are here. Player log is here.

This is clean install with the minimum number of mods (ie just Kopernicus, MFI, MM, and clean GU with only Alpha Centauri installed and enabled without Galaxy or HomeSwitch).

I managed to land a few times but ultimately still exploded towards the end, although I did not manage to reproduce the two bugs I had yesterday where either the vessel exploded immediately upon landing or when switching from the tracking station.

Edited by Grimmas
added Player.log

My atmos are all blue for some reason? 

All I have all the dependencies and stuff so I dont understand.

It works for Alpha Centuri (Link to files)

https://imgur.com/X8NGVLi

This planet and other ones in alpha centuri work

https://imgur.com/S3cvAdS

The ones past alpha centuri dont

https://imgur.com/undefined

Trall and Blud

https://imgur.com/TepcJyu

How do I fix this?

On 5/16/2022 at 7:17 PM, Codebreakerblue said:

I have a similar mod setup, as well as a set of graphics enhancement mods. CPU should be no problem, I'm running a Ryzen 3600X at about 20-50% load. RAM might be a bit tight, I have 32 gigs and I'm using anywhere from 16 to 20 consistently. My GPU is a 1660ti, and the 6GB of dedicated RAM is consistently maxed out. That appears to be the bottleneck, but it runs fairly well. I only really have major lag during loading screens, and occasionally when switching in and out of different scenes/map view.

Hope this helps!

Yeah that helps! usually ram is like that for me as well, so I may upgrade that at some point

On 5/10/2022 at 7:30 PM, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

The same thing happened to me but i found a workaround (i am using a mac with 8gb ram). For some reason when i download the installer (.pkg)  version of ksp (from the official ksp homepage) and install GU, it the game freezes crashes after displaying the "loading" message at the bottom right corner during the load sequence. But when I download ksp in its .zip format, it works fine but the loading time is really long. (but with the amazing quality and quantity of GU it is worth it)

How would I use its .zip format?

On 5/21/2022 at 2:10 PM, Sky Kerman said:

My atmos are all blue for some reason? 

All I have all the dependencies and stuff so I dont understand.

It works for Alpha Centuri (Link to files)

https://imgur.com/X8NGVLi

This planet and other ones in alpha centuri work

https://imgur.com/S3cvAdS

The ones past alpha centuri dont

Trall and Blud

https://imgur.com/TepcJyu

How do I fix this?

Looks normal to me. This one is not working.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hi, first of all thanks for ur mod. Is awesome :D

When i install Stellar adventures expansion, my game was bugged. Itry fresh install and i installed all 1 by one, but with that expansión i have a bug:

When start new game, all atmosphere goes blue, go to control center, and when i back all is bugged and ever is night. Only happends when the expansion is intalled.

I started new game without expansion, and now all is good(well, the ocean is invisible o_O). Sad for me ^^ but the mod still be amazing. Love it.

If need logs or something  i can try install again.

Sorry for my bad english, not my native langage. 

Edited by IvanA2P

On 5/23/2022 at 12:45 PM, Sky Kerman said:

The Imgur link is not working?

It isn't. So i cannot see what the issues are.

16 hours ago, IvanA2P said:

Hi, first of all thanks for ur mod. Is awesome :D

When i install Stellar adventures expansion, my game was bugged. Itry fresh install and i installed all 1 by one, but with that expansión i have a bug:

When start new game, all atmosphere goes blue, go to control center, and when i back all is bugged and ever is night. Only happends when the expansion is intalled.

I started new game without expansion, and now all is good(well, the ocean is invisible o_O). Sad for me ^^ but the mod still be amazing. Love it.

If need logs or something  i can try install again.

Sorry for my bad english, not my native langage. 

Logs and screenshots would be helpfull indeed.

4 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

It isn't. So i cannot see what the issues are.

Logs and screenshots would be helpfull indeed.

Ok. Im trying a new fresh install after all ^^, so if i have bugs again i will send. I think that the problem can be with parallax mod (im installing all one by one without parallax and i don have bugs for now) but i can confirm when finish installation.