[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, IvanA2P said:

Me again ^^

Just one question:

What i need to translate the mod ?

Ok i discover how to translate. At least the parts loc. when it finish ill send you the translated archives via pm if you want =)

@Blalo Zooming in on the image I can't see anything wrong. The only "issue" is along the night side edge of the planet where the circumference line is drawn a little heavy. I believe this might be an issue with Scatterrer drawing some of its effects in front of other objects (i.e. the rings) on screen but if so its barely noticeable in this case.

Spoiler

44oUIY4.jpg

20 hours ago, Blalo said:

You sure? I'm talking about the line at the bottom left, where the ring looks werid.

Normal, tiled ring kopernicus bug.

On 5/28/2022 at 6:09 AM, Xithyl515 said:

Why does the mod recommend a minimum ram of 8 GB when installing the mods and activating the systems adds 16 GB of ram to my game? From default of 11 GB to 27 GB. Is this normal?

No idea, 8 GB is just the min to work with GU_Core and 1 system. PC specs vary, KSP is heavy on RAM in general ...

Edited by StarCrusher96

(Please read whole thing before replying)

This is a great mod that I have been using for a while but I am experiencing a few problems; the black hole doesn't seem to want to work with Instantator even though everything else works, and the galaxy is also spread out all over the place.

Note:

1. I checked the config files but I couldn't find anything.

2. I checked the previous forum comments and didn't understand anything.

3. I already broke the mod once by changing something I thought was the right file(It works fine now)

Please help and thank you.

Galaxy(Centered on black hole):

AM-JKLWWp3NCttvvl77UwfxQ5q3EDUsHiljvly7P

Black hole:

AM-JKLW9fHb4-l8XO2x1v4taWiMhWjNFPEeRcBmA

Edited by AstralMinerNCC1701
Pressed submit instead of insert image.

Has anyone compiled a list of systems that aren't "worth" keeping at the moment and are okay to remove, in order to reduce lag? Namely which stars don't have any reason to visit such as planets or other interesting reasons to keep (example; Arceus doesn't have any locations to visit but, being the north star, is still worth keeping).

From what I understand, it looks like majority of Stellar Adventures would fall under that category, but I don't want to just blanket uninstall everything besides KAX A* since I'm not certain.

Edit: Did it myself. This is copy-pasted directly from me looking at every single star in-game. Every star on this list does not have a planet, but may have other things worthwhile.

"NO" means nothing overtly special. Binaries are not considered overtly special.

"MAYBE" means there's something special about the star, which will be noted following it.

Every other star not on this list has at least one planet.

• DENALAN 21185 (NO)
  • LAYTHEN 726-8 (MAYBE, flare star, binary)
  • SURR 248 (MAYBE, flare star)
  • LECAYLLE 9352 (NO)
  • 61 SIGNAR (NO)
  • PROKSION (MAYBE, white dwarf, binary)
  • DX KRIAN (NO)
  • KEPTAN'S STAR (NO)
  • DENIS-P (NO)
  • URS44 (MAYBE, disk)
  • 40 KIRILANI (NO)
  • LATAIRE (MAYBE, bright star)
  • SETA DRAKARIS (NO)
  • 82 G KIRILANI (NO)
  • GLIZE 581 (MAYBE, variable star)
  • GU MUSCAE (MAYBE, black hole giant binary, amazing visuals)
  • SORIONIX (MAYBE, bright star)
  • AUTARSIS (MAYBE, disk)
  • 61 RIGILIS (NO)
  • LINUS KIRILANI (NO)
  • CARVANIS (MAYBE, bright orange giant)
  • VELA REGORUM (MAYBE, nova/nebula)
  • ARCEUS (MAYBE, polaris)

Edited by koimeiji

• 3 weeks later...

So I got this problem where every time I start the game i get stuck in the black loading screen where i can hear the music but i can only see the cursor and the "Loading..." icon on the bottom right of the screen.  Here is what the KSP log keeps throwing out:

Spoiler

[EXC 21:16:16.088] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.GetNearest (CelestialBody body) (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.GetBrightest (CelestialBody body) (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.AtmosphereLightPatch (CelestialBody body) (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate () (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

21 hours ago, Nucleus3180 said:

So I got this problem where every time I start the game i get stuck in the black loading screen where i can hear the music but i can only see the cursor and the "Loading..." icon on the bottom right of the screen.  Here is what the KSP log keeps throwing out:

Hide contents

[EXC 21:16:16.088] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.GetNearest (CelestialBody body) (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.GetBrightest (CelestialBody body) (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.AtmosphereLightPatch (CelestialBody body) (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.RuntimeUtility.LateUpdate () (at <b64f5ec8094844228916e520c7662c56>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Those are 'normal'. Link me your log file and provide maybe some screens of your GU folder and GU systems folder if possible.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Getting a strange bug where none of the planet or moon spheres of influence appear to have any effect. I can plot a maneuver to get ~50km seperation from Borr but once I reach it I don't enter any SOI and none appears at all, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has fixed it, any advice? On top of this all the orbits and everything slightly shakes when in the map view - this is with Rhan as the home switch but happened when I tried Trappist-1 system (I also had the prior issue with that too).

17 hours ago, QuantumNight12 said:

Getting a strange bug where none of the planet or moon spheres of influence appear to have any effect. I can plot a maneuver to get ~50km seperation from Borr but once I reach it I don't enter any SOI and none appears at all, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has fixed it, any advice? On top of this all the orbits and everything slightly shakes when in the map view - this is with Rhan as the home switch but happened when I tried Trappist-1 system (I also had the prior issue with that too).

Hi, sorry to hear about this. 
Do you got logs and screens (GU folder - Systems folder).
With those i can look into the issue.

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi, sorry to hear about this. 
Do you got logs and screens (GU folder - Systems folder).
With those i can look into the issue.

Yeah I'll try and replicate them, should I send them on discord or just post link on here?

Edit: I've been able to recreate the issue with the shaking orbits but the maneuver node and SOI bug seems to have been resolved so I'm not sure what that was, I've got the log and video links here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eo7k05osY5Ci7xRvPscN0nh74R0tfBjr?usp=sharing

Edited by QuantumNight12

This looks nice. After some years of playing only STOCK system I am thinking and looking for some additional star systems.

Just one question the original stock system will still be in game if I install this mod ?   Or it will get replaced by one of the systems from this mod ?

2 hours ago, Jovzin said:

This looks nice. After some years of playing only STOCK system I am thinking and looking for some additional star systems.

Just one question the original stock system will still be in game if I install this mod ?   Or it will get replaced by one of the systems from this mod ?

Stock remains present, unless you choose to. 

13 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Stock remains present, unless you choose to. 

Hello thank you for your reply sir.

May I ask you 2 more questions ?

1/ I see in the GU core there is settings for scatterer :

shadowsOnOcean = False

fullLensFlareReplacement = False    //Plz don't touch this!

terrainShadows = False

In my current game I have all those three settings enabled. Why you set them to disabled ? Can it do some odd bugs to visuals for GU ?

2/ What is that KSS  Kerbal Star Systems ?  Some seperate mod for GU or a new Star system for GU ?

Thank you

On 6/26/2022 at 10:21 AM, Jovzin said:

Hello thank you for your reply sir.

May I ask you 2 more questions ?

1/ I see in the GU core there is settings for scatterer :

shadowsOnOcean = False

fullLensFlareReplacement = False    //Plz don't touch this!

terrainShadows = False

In my current game I have all those three settings enabled. Why you set them to disabled ? Can it do some odd bugs to visuals for GU ?

2/ What is that KSS  Kerbal Star Systems ?  Some seperate mod for GU or a new Star system for GU ?

Thank you

terrainShadows = False & shadowsOnOcean = False can be enabled if you'd like that.
GU doesn't support scatterer lenseflares and uses its own kopernicus ones instead. Back in the day this saved a lot of FPS (now apparently it doesn't matter, but i kept this anyway)
If you'd enable it you'd notice the GU stars will be flareless. That being said, keep fullLensFlareReplacement at false for correct visuals. If you decide not to, do not come ask for a fix.

KSS was a massive galaxy mod that originated GU and lots of GU's content is inspired on KSS.  I revived a part of it recently (nostalgia).

6 hours ago, senpai13004 said:

hello, I love this mod and more particularly cer turi which I find magnificent. I have a question though, is it possible to partially add the GU_Parts folder? I only want the antennas and the thermal part.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Thanks :) I think you just have to remove some folders. @JadeOfMaar

Edited by StarCrusher96