[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

17 hours ago, Tez613 said:

Have the been any updates for the configs for parallax 2.0 or are those still a work in progress? I want to play ksp with both mods so I have been holding back on starting a game.

It is not completely optimal, but I've found that if you go into the:
_Configs/GU_Patches directory of each system and remove the Parallax directory that the game will load and play just fine.  You won't currently have the nice Parallax2 visuals, but it'll play just fine.

I expect that it's a pretty significant amount of work to update all the celestial bodies with the changes to Parallax2.

5 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

I expect that it's a pretty significant amount of work to update all the celestial bodies with the changes to Parallax2.

Yeah I imagine so. they did say it would take a couple of weeks at the beginning of the month and since that time had passed I was wondering if they were close to release or if they had an updated time for a release.

2 hours ago, Tez613 said:

Yeah I imagine so. they did say it would take a couple of weeks at the beginning of the month and since that time had passed I was wondering if they were close to release or if they had an updated time for a release.

Chill out man, hes working on it, But release date is Soon^tm, Asking for update will just result in update being delayed, feel free to join the discord to ask questions or more closely follow development

the "Dont Poke the Bears" PSA, Applies to Parallax 2, Do not pester every single modder with "ADD PARALLAX 2 TO YOUR MOD"

3 hours ago, Tez613 said:

Please keep in mind that he is doing this in his own time and is not being paid for it.  Same for the other modders.  If a release date slips... well, this mod sure doesn't put food on his table.

8 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Please keep in mind that he is doing this in his own time and is not being paid for it.  Same for the other modders.  If a release date slips... well, this mod sure doesn't put food on his table.

Can confirm, he has an actual job, you waited for KSP2, so wait, Modders can release stuff faster but they arent robots

On 10/25/2022 at 1:30 AM, Tez613 said:

Have the been any updates for the configs for parallax 2.0 or are those still a work in progress? I want to play ksp with both mods so I have been holding back on starting a game.

Hi, I'll be putting up a test system (probably Lich) with parallax 2.0 to confirm stability in the next few days. From there things might go fast.
In the meantime you can download and install GU as usual but will have to delete the parallax folder in GU/_Systems/_X/_Configs/GU_Patches.

22 hours ago, BlueBirdAzurite said:

what the hell, that's so cool, does that mean we can go there???

indeed.

22 hours ago, BlueBirdAzurite said:

- How do I make the star systems rearrange into a spiral galaxy? i installed everything and it still looks like this:
- I don't know why but also, my brown dwarves look like this
* You need the Stellar Adventure expansion for this and enable Galaxymode in the GU General Settings file.
* It looks like you did not download GU_Core.

and isn't leethe supposed to look like a pulsar?
* Install the mod Instantiator.
Check out the installation page for GU.
https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey

Edited by StarCrusher96

9 minutes ago, Catto said:

please help, im on clean install, just EVE kopernicus instantatiator kerbalism scatterer and gu and all the expansions. it crashes on startup

I'll need zipped (compressed) logs to check what went wrong. 
Make sure you have followed this guide:

You can join the Discord as well and make a report over there, help is a bit easier that way.

52 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'll need zipped (compressed) logs to check what went wrong. 
Make sure you have followed this guide:

You can join the Discord as well and make a report over there, help is a bit easier that way.

Actually, maybe the problem was beyond home. I uninstalled it and it worked, i think i just wait for the game to fully launch then play it