[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

18 hours ago, Mutantbard64 said:

@StarCrusher96so i have fixed the other bug but this one is where all and only the planets and moons in epsilon eridani are just black circles and some moons' atmosphers are broken and sometimes look completely white and look like marbles. please help.

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey#after-launching-the-game-important

20 hours ago, Clayel said:

@StarCrusher96

1. Is INSTANTIATOR still required for the galaxy shape to show up with the stellar adventures expansion? That mod doesn't look like its been updated on ckan since 1.3.1.

2. Also, the long and short version of the IPD-03 (for GU Parts) have exactly the same name and description but they are still listed as separate parts in the VAB. Could this be changed?

3. Also also, I think the atmosphere for Cail (in Nova Kirbani B) is broken, on the map view it says that it has an atmosphere but it is exactly 0 atm pressure. (as opposed to like .0001 or something)

1. Instantiator is not required for galaxy mode in 1.3. It adds jets to GU's exotic objects. The mod works perfectly fine and a link to the right download is mentioned in the installationguide. 
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/168992-13x-instantiator/

2. I'll look into the parts. @JadeOfMaar (i'll ping you as well)

3. This should not be broken (just checked), it's exospheric like the moon with a pressure of 3e-13 kpa (which is almost vacuum). The game reads this as 0, tho temperature and pressure affect the crafts.

Edited by StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

1. Instantiator is not required for galaxy mode in 1.3. It adds jets to GU's exotic objects. The mod works perfectly fine and a link to the right download is mentioned in the installationguide. 
https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/168992-13x-instantiator/

2. I'll look into the parts. @JadeOfMaar (i'll ping you as well)

3. This should not be broken (just checked), it's exospheric like the moon with a pressure of 3e-13 kpa (which is almost vacuum). The game reads this as 0, tho temperature and pressure affect the crafts.

Alright, adding onto that, how do I get the galaxy mode to show up in GU 1.3? I have Alpha Centauri and the Stellar Adventures Expansion and I don't see any galaxy shape when I zoom out, only a collection of the included star systems in random locations. Do I need to have multiple star systems installed?

Just now, Clayel said:

Alright, adding onto that, how do I get the galaxy mode to show up in GU 1.3? I have Alpha Centauri and the Stellar Adventures Expansion and I don't see any galaxy shape when I zoom out, only a collection of the included star systems in random locations. Do I need to have multiple star systems installed?

Might help to add screenshots :) 

Ok so, I tried to enable the galaxy mode in GU settings by setting it to true instead of false (like it says in the github instructions)

I had not switched my home system at all

image.png

So I loaded up the game, and the first thing I noticed was that everything was blue.

image.png

I then noticed that a lot of my crafts were in a previously unknown star system, so I went to click on it and this was the only picture I got before it crashed

image.png

After the game crash, my computer blue-screened

I'm not sure if I want to load up the game again...

Edited by Clayel

17 hours ago, Clayel said:

Ok so, I tried to enable the galaxy mode in GU settings by setting it to true instead of false (like it says in the github instructions)

I had not switched my home system at all

image.png

So I loaded up the game, and the first thing I noticed was that everything was blue.

image.png

I then noticed that a lot of my crafts were in a previously unknown star system, so I went to click on it and this was the only picture I got before it crashed

image.png

After the game crash, my computer blue-screened

I'm not sure if I want to load up the game again...

Been solved via discord.

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Been solved via discord.

hello stair crusher, how have you been these past few years, I remember when KSS was a thing, I played the original version. good to see you continue your ambitious kerbal modding!

Hi guys. I just want to share a weird EVE config issue I've been experiencing with the latest stable release of GU.

KSP: 1.12.5.3190
EVE: 1.11.7.1
GU: 1.3
Kopernicus: release-145

What was the experienced bug: For some reason EVE clouds and other effects for Blalo were apparently not working. On inspection of the EVE dashboard inside the game, it didn't seem to be able to load  the file at GU/_Systems/_AlphaCentauri/_EVE/ NK_clouds. It also seemed like the EVE dashboard thinks I'm on Kerbin, when in reality I'm on Blalo, as it still says "Kerbin" in the EVE dashboard.

Hypothesis about what's happening: If EVE is scanning the NK_clouds file for a Kerbin config and not finding it, that could explain why the Blalo clouds weren't loading. On closer inspection of the NK_clouds file, I discovered lines 204/205:

body:NEEDS[!GU_HomeSwitch_AC] = Blalo
        body:NEEDS[GU_HomeSwitch_AC] = Kerbin

Moving the negation operator ! to the latter of those lines fixes my problem and the clouds now load successfully, which I think confirms that EVE doesn't properly undestand which planet is currently loaded.

Anyone else experienced a similar issue before?

EDIT: On further inspection I realise I'm on a waaaay later version of Kopernicus than the one available at the time of releasing GU 1.3. If I understand correctly, Kopernicus is what enables having new planets. If there is some incompatible change to this mod, this could perhaps explain why EVE gets the planet wrong? I'll investigate further and report my findings along with compatible versions...

Edited by sigurof

17 hours ago, sigurof said:

Hi guys. I just want to share a weird EVE config issue I've been experiencing with the latest stable release of GU.

KSP: 1.12.5.3190
EVE: 1.11.7.1
Kopernicus: release-145

What was the experienced bug: For some reason EVE clouds and other effects for Blalo were apparently not working. On inspection of the EVE dashboard inside the game, it didn't seem to be able to load  the file at GU/_Systems/_AlphaCentauri/_EVE/ NK_clouds. It also seemed like the EVE dashboard thinks I'm on Kerbin, when in reality I'm on Blalo, as it still says "Kerbin" in the EVE dashboard.

Hypothesis about what's happening: If EVE is scanning the NK_clouds file for a Kerbin config and not finding it, that could explain why the Blalo clouds weren't loading. On closer inspection of the NK_clouds file, I discovered lines 204/205:

body:NEEDS[!GU_HomeSwitch_AC] = Blalo
        body:NEEDS[GU_HomeSwitch_AC] = Kerbin

Moving the negation operator ! to the latter of those lines fixes my problem and the clouds now load successfully, which I think confirms that EVE doesn't properly undestand which planet is currently loaded.

Anyone else experienced a similar issue before?

EDIT: On further inspection I realise I'm on a waaaay later version of Kopernicus than the one available at the time of releasing GU 1.3. If I understand correctly, Kopernicus is what enables having new planets. If there is some incompatible change to this mod, this could perhaps explain why EVE gets the planet wrong? I'll investigate further and report my findings along with compatible versions...

Yeah there's nothing wrong with the configs of 1.3, but you must use KSP 1.12.3 for that version and the kopernicus that supports it. https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey/blob/main/README.md#installation

Edited by StarCrusher96

Thank you, @StarCrusher96 . For later reference, I've now installed:

KSP: 1.12.3 
Kopernicus: release-90 (latest version before GU 1.3)
EVE: 1.11.6.1 (latest before GU 1.3)

Things seem to be working but I've encountered a few small bugs:
* First time I restarted the game for some reason the clouds didn't load. But then restarting a second time they did finally load as expected.
* Also seems if I modify graphics settings ingame (as opposed to from the main menu) clouds etc. stop rendering until I restart the game.
* Another little bug I'm experiencing is that increasing the ambient light has no effect.

Not expecting anybody to know why these bugs appear but just reporting for the sake of visibility for others.

Edited by sigurof

@StarCrusher96i am experiencing a glitch where any craft orbiting Kerbol will be just not have an orbit and it says it is orbiting nova kirbani barycenter and the drawn orbit is just the encounter icon with no orbit for a few seconds then there is a straight line out of the kerbol system even though i am moving at orbital speeds slower then escape velocity.

1 hour ago, Mutantbard64 said:

@StarCrusher96i am experiencing a glitch where any craft orbiting Kerbol will be just not have an orbit and it says it is orbiting nova kirbani barycenter and the drawn orbit is just the encounter icon with no orbit for a few seconds then there is a straight line out of the kerbol system even though i am moving at orbital speeds slower then escape velocity.

ok i fixed the problem i just needed to reinstall galaxies unbbound you know im just gonna try to fix for myself then tell you cuz i dont want to annoy you.

On 1/24/2023 at 3:33 PM, TheLoneOne said:

hello stair crusher, how have you been these past few years, I remember when KSS was a thing, I played the original version. good to see you continue your ambitious kerbal modding!

oop did i write stair crusher by mistake. LMFAO

When entering the SOI of another star, the game goes unresponsive. I have tested this with both Alpha Centauri and Tau Ceti to make sure it wasn't linked to the binary systems, and it had the same result both times. I have done this with the KSPIE alcubierre drive, the blueshift warp drive, and the engines from GU parts, and it has the same effect with all of these.

I'm assuming I should link a log alongside this. How should I?

16 hours ago, gloinger said:

When entering the SOI of another star, the game goes unresponsive. I have tested this with both Alpha Centauri and Tau Ceti to make sure it wasn't linked to the binary systems, and it had the same result both times. I have done this with the KSPIE alcubierre drive, the blueshift warp drive, and the engines from GU parts, and it has the same effect with all of these.

I'm assuming I should link a log alongside this. How should I?

Hi I've heard about this problem a few times the last few days.  I think it is related to the maneuver planner. If you can confirm, by disabling it.
I will add a bugfix section to the installationguide about it.

• DisableManeuverTool [KSP 1.12.0 - 1.12.5]
    Allow disabling the KSP 1.12 maneuver planner tool in the KSPCF in-game settings menu. It can cause stutter and freezes on scene load, when changing SOI or when editing maneuver nodes, especially with Kopernicus modified systems.

settings.gif
Edited by StarCrusher96

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi I've heard about this problem a few times the last few days.  I think it is related to the maneuver planner. If you can confirm, by disabling it.
I will add a bugfix section to the installationguide about it.

• DisableManeuverTool [KSP 1.12.0 - 1.12.5]
    Allow disabling the KSP 1.12 maneuver planner tool in the KSPCF in-game settings menu. It can cause stutter and freezes on scene load, when changing SOI or when editing maneuver nodes, especially with Kopernicus modified systems.

settings.gif

Thank you! I'll get back to you on if this fixes it for me when I get the chance.

Edit: That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

Edited by gloinger
fix was tested and worked