[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, Rocket Science42 said:

So what would happen if I have the outer planets mod installed along with this mod? 

Will the planets in the outer planets mod be orbiting another star rather than Kerbol, or will the new bodies in this mod and the planets from the outer planets mod orbit kerbol at the same time?

Please clarify.

At the moment if you are using the standard stock system, OPM will be put where it normally is located

If you are using a homeswitch OPM will be put into a different system

When the Stock Revamp comes out it will be optional, meaning you can still play the stock system with opm or you can play in the Stock Revamp and opm will be moved to another system.

On 8/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Taking a break from KSP. The toxicity levels in this community are getting too high.

If for any reason, I am no longer active on this forum, I request that this mod and its content shall remain untouched and dies in silence. 

Don't give up.

22 hours ago, Rocket Science42 said:

So what would happen if I have the outer planets mod installed along with this mod? 

Will the planets in the outer planets mod be orbiting another star rather than Kerbol, or will the new bodies in this mod and the planets from the outer planets mod orbit kerbol at the same time?

Please clarify.

There are no outer planets yet

14 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Duna and Ike 

screenshot145.png

I like how your revamping and adding to the stock system, not only does it make the early game more fun and interesting, but it also nullifies the difference between stock planet textures and modded planet textures

On 9/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

I'd head over to the EVE page for that.

I'm not sure if it's the same thing as Trappist-1e, but I'm also noticing perhaps slightly less performance of GU graphics stuff (compared to something like Astronomer's pack), and my uneducated guess is it might have something to do with the settings for volumentric clouds (or something like that) in the GU EVE configs - at least for Kerbin. Just a possibility, or possibly subjective and meaningless.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

9 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I'm not sure if it's the same thing as Trappist-1e, but I'm also noticing perhaps slightly less performance of GU graphics stuff (compared to something like Astronomer's pack), and my uneducated guess is it might have something to do with the settings for volumentric clouds (or something like that) in the GU EVE configs - at least for Kerbin. Just a possibility, or possibly subjective and meaningless.

Might be the shadows? Idk all i did is keeping gu graphics rather simple. Idk if EVE textures are being loaded all the time or ondemand.

Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

New Kerbin 

screenshot156.png

Gorgeous! With respect to the EVE stuff, my current best guess is the second number in one of the volumetric layers settings, and also the fact that GU has two volumetric cloud layers VS. one in AVP.

In GU's Kerbin clouds definition, the lower volumetric layer is set with: "area = 15000,4", whereas AVP uses "area = 15000,3" - the new version of EVE Redux suggests (through their testing) that increasing these numbers has a very significant impact on performance, because when they tested with "area = 18000,6" it massively reduced frame rates...

Perhaps that's what's going on, although I don't really know what those numbers are doing, so... Have not yet had a chance to test changes either.

4 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Gorgeous! With respect to the EVE stuff, my current best guess is the second number in one of the volumetric layers settings, and also the fact that GU has two volumetric cloud layers VS. one in AVP.

In GU's Kerbin clouds definition, the lower volumetric layer is set with: "area = 15000,4", whereas AVP uses "area = 15000,3" - the new version of EVE Redux suggests (through their testing) that increasing these numbers has a very significant impact on performance, because when they tested with "area = 18000,6" it massively reduced frame rates...

Perhaps that's what's going on, although I don't really know what those numbers are doing, so... Have not yet had a chance to test changes either.

I mean, you can manually take out the volumetrics etc ... I only make what looks good on my pc and share it.