[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

Thread of the month May 2022.
Please note that Galaxies Unbound will be on hiatus until after the summer for further enhancements.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to bringing you an even more stellar experience upon our return.

hjXACzt.jpg

wYCYhCh.pngYc0o6aw.png
T17Od68.png
gTaxm94.png
fdJW2Ly.png
raU3JKY.jpg9GUb4d7.pngAcsYQPB.pngJcU2s0Y.png0YCZXs9.png
jD1Umi0.pngvJG5Afy.png7YqaXlt.png
paOGXnJ.pngCzdmOJ3.png

Spoiler

Galaxies Unbound is compatible with: (!!Asking for compatibility with mod x will be ignored!!)

Visual:
- Distant Object Enhancement (DOE)
- Eve-Redux: Performance-enhanced Evebuild  
(- Environmental Visual Enhancements (EVE))
- Instantiator
- Parallax [1.3.1] working on 2.0.x
- Scatterer
- Sigma Replacements: Skybox
- Singularity (can impact fps)

Gameplay
BetterTimeWarpContinued (you really want this)
- Kerbal Health
- Kerbalism (radiation)
- Rational Resources
- Researchbodies 
- SpaceDust

Parts:
- Alcubierre Warp Drive (Standalone)
- Blueshift: Kerbal FTL
Interstellar Technologies - A KSPI-E Expansion
KSP Interstellar Extended
- OPT Spaceplane Continued and OPT Legacy

* GU adds its standalone own parts (engines, tanks, commdishes, ... thx to @JadeOfMaar)

Planetmods:
- Beyond Home

- Corelian 

- ExtraSolar 
- GEP 
- GPP (primary only! - not homeswitch compatible)
- KSRSS (needs confirmation)
- Lightlevels series
- OPM 

Galaxies Unbound is not compatible with: 
- GU will not be compatible with other galactic themed mods.
- Other visual mods (AVP, SVT, ...) 

Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey © 2020 by StarCrusher96 is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 cc-logo.f0ab4ebe.svgcc-by.21b728bb.svg 

Edited by StarCrusher96

@StarCrusher96,

I understand your mod is in closed beta.   Unfortunately, I get bug reports about it sometime, and as Kopernicus's chief dev, I can't help diagnose them if I can't reproduce them.  Can I get access to the closed beta for "reproduction of bugs" purposes?  Obviously your license/distribution terms would be obeyed by the Kopernicus team, whatever they may be.

Thanks, await your reply in PM.

5 hours ago, R-T-B said:

@StarCrusher96,

I understand your mod is in closed beta.   Unfortunately, I get bug reports about it sometime, and as Kopernicus's chief dev, I can't help diagnose them if I can't reproduce them.  Can I get access to the closed beta for "reproduction of bugs" purposes?  Obviously your license/distribution terms would be obeyed by the Kopernicus team, whatever they may be.

Thanks, await your reply in PM.

Don't wanna spread false news, but I am guessing it comes out today (21st) judging by the title. Unless hes from the future...

Edited by NateDaBeast

57 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Don't wanna spread false news, but I am guessing it comes out today (21st) judging by the title. Unless hes from the future...

That would simplify things... lol  We'll see.

10 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

Do I need a really god computer for the end product? Like I'm running opm, gep with scatter full quality and EVE with like 10-15 fps, could I be able to run the end product from this development with like 40-60 fps?

I'll explain it later, when i'll be releasing but everything in the mod can be loaded optionally. So you can choose to load only 1 star with its planets and save fps if you dont got a high end computer or in case you have you can load all the systems.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Downloading now!

9 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

While the download is going on, what's the best mods to be able to go to these stars? The Alcubierre Drive from USI seems to be the go-to but is there any other?

You could try that or check our FarFutureTechnologies from Nertea.

12 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

While the download is going on, what's the best mods to be able to go to these stars? The Alcubierre Drive from USI seems to be the go-to but is there any other?

If you want what alot of people on the GU Discord use, use KSPI. You have Beefy thrusters actually intended for interstellar travel.