[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

GU 1.4 TEST is ready.

GENERAL CHANGES:
* Added planetflares
* Parallax support

Alpha Centauri
* Complete review of the A-B system.

DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey/releases/tag/1.4

ACAB.png

I like it but as the loading screen said it needs more planets. I do love the new gas giant.

Does Galaxies Unbound in any way alter the asteroid sizes or resource contents of asteroids/belts in the stock system, esp. the asteroids that tend to come into Kerbin's SOI? With GU + Lich + Alpha Centauri installed, I only see asteroids of a given class (like 'Medium' or 'Small' or whatever) that are MANY times larger than normal - up to (what appears to be) hundreds of meters across and weighing tens of thousands of tons. Without GU + systems installed, they go back to what seem to be more 'normal' sizes. The issue with this is that asteroid redirects are basically impossible with the bigger sizes - it's cool that they exist, but it seems like everything got multiplied by 10 or 50 or something, assuming GU actually does anything with asteroid sizes...

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

12 hours ago, Mutantbard64 said:

@StarCrusher96 mine is running on 1.3. so could you please tell me how I use homeswitch I do not know how.

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey/blob/main/README.md

Added a section about it there.

15 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Does Galaxies Unbound in any way alter the asteroid sizes or resource contents of asteroids/belts in the stock system, esp. the asteroids that tend to come into Kerbin's SOI? With GU + Lich + Alpha Centauri installed, I only see asteroids of a given class (like 'Medium' or 'Small' or whatever) that are MANY times larger than normal - up to (what appears to be) hundreds of meters across and weighing tens of thousands of tons. Without GU + systems installed, they go back to what seem to be more 'normal' sizes. The issue with this is that asteroid redirects are basically impossible with the bigger sizes - it's cool that they exist, but it seems like everything got multiplied by 10 or 50 or something, assuming GU actually does anything with asteroid sizes...

Gu does alter asteroid sizes. I'll make sure to make this resizing optional in the future.

6 hours ago, Says_what said:

I'm not sure if the game loaded wrong or if I'm not looking at the right thing but I don't see any of the other systems in the tracking station when I zoom out (I'm on 1.3)

please DM me logs. 

9 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

What happened to the rest of the GU downloads?

You can still access the other versions on Github.

Uploaded a 1.4.1 version.

Contains:
- all png planet files converted to dds. (less MB's to download)
- brightened Neid and altered its orbital distance slightly.

Remove the previous 1.4 version of Alpha Centauri.
GU_Core remains untouched for now.

@TheSpacePotato will finish AC's Parallax with this version.
https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey/releases/tag/1.4.1

3 hours ago, Tez613 said:

Can I add and remove systems from and existing saves without it breaking stuff?

Yes, if:

1. You're not playing career mode. (The contracts system breaks very easily.)
  2. You have nothing in the SOI of the planets that have been uninstalled. If you do, bye bye to them.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:59 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Yes, if:

1. You're not playing career mode. (The contracts system breaks very easily.)
  2. You have nothing in the SOI of the planets that have been uninstalled. If you do, bye bye to them.

I don't think my contract system has ever worked right.

Parallax 2 will not work with GU-1.3 systems.
If you wish to use Parallax 2 with GU-1.3, then for each system loaded you will need to remove the parallax directory from the _Configs directory.  Not doing so will result in serious Kopernicus issues on loadup.

19 hours ago, Mutantbard64 said:

@StarCrusher96 there is this bug where when im at a star far away in orbit with hyper or the cheat menu i get launched away at superluminal speeds is there a fix?

On 1/18/2023 at 5:46 PM, BlueBirdAzurite said:

Did the new update added parallax 2 ground scatters for the Alpha system? Because I don't have any.

see above :)

@StarCrusher96

Is INSTANTIATOR still required for the galaxy shape to show up with the stellar adventures expansion? That mod doesn't look like its been updated on ckan since 1.3.1.

Also, the long and short version of the IPD-03 (for GU Parts) have exactly the same name and description but they are still listed as separate parts in the VAB. Could this be changed?

Also also, I think the atmosphere for Cail (in Nova Kirbani B) is broken, on the map view it says that it has an atmosphere but it is exactly 0 atm pressure. (as opposed to like .0001 or something)

Edited by Clayel