[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, Space Kerbalisation Tech said:

@deathskull2011 It appears that I also experience this issue in my ksp install where the game also lags significantly when the orbit lines are flickering. It's probably just due to the large number of celestial bodies and their orbits the mod (and also any other kopernicus mod that adds a lot of planets) adds which have to be rendered when you first enter the map view. I found that entering physical timewarp (the one that goes up to 4x) before you enter map view can help reduce the time which the orbits flicker (and the game lags). However, this is by no means a full solution and I would very grateful if a this can be fixed (probably on the kopernicus forum thread though as I don't think this issue is specifically related to galaxies unbound). Hope this helps!

But regardless of whether this issue is fixable, for me it is only an extremely minor issue as glitches and bugs are very common in ksp (the kraken... ;.;) but unlike causing some which cause the entire game to crash, this only requires a few seconds and a bit of patience so the advantages definitely outweighs the downsides, as after all, who wouldn't want an entire galaxy to explore and play with in ksp? (thank you so much @StarCrusher96)

I absolutely agree! Like I said, I am not very worried as the game gets back on track quickly enough and if I zoom out far enough it stops while I'm zoomed out so even if I need to react quickly from the map for some reason I have options. It does make a lot of sense that this is something to address in the Kopernicus forum instead of here thank you! As you say I am very okay with dealing with this when the payoff is basically multiple games worth of content!

16 hours ago, MCWither_Storm said:

I really do want visuals for the outer planets added by OPM, however I don't know how to add the visuals from SVE that I want to GU... how exactly do I do that?

You might want to check the installation guide.  

• Do not install other stock centered visual mods (AVP, SVE, ...) when you have GU's Stock Visuals installed. Remove the _Stock from GU/EVE if you did by accident or want other visuals.
Edited by StarCrusher96

Gotta say I love this mod, it really gets me back into KSP whenever I play it even to just look at everything even if my gameplay is too complicated on a mission-to-mission basis to ever really make it beyond the Kerbin system between crew transfers and that kinda stuff. Maybe some day I do the science grind to interstellar tech, but for now I'm happy with my Kerbin system storytelling that will hopefully eventually get to the stars...

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me why there are two engines that require liquid deuterium to function, and not a single part that actually contains the stuff? Just to clarify, I do have Community Resource Pack installed.

Edit: I also can't find anything with fusion pellets, which seem to be a requirement for the SRX Flux II Bell.

Edited by Scotskerb

On 3/23/2023 at 3:43 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

You might want to check the installation guide.  

• Do not install other stock centered visual mods (AVP, SVE, ...) when you have GU's Stock Visuals installed. Remove the _Stock from GU/EVE if you did by accident or want other visuals.

Hi, first of all, thanks for your awesome work on this mod :)

So following the wiki as well as this recent post, you mention to remove  "_stock" from GU/EVE, to allow other visual mods to function on stock planets (AVP in my case).

However, I can't find such a folder/file/line inside GU/EVE folder, am I missing something ?
Thanks for your help  :)
1DB1orp.png

On 5/7/2023 at 12:29 PM, kurgut said:

Hi, first of all, thanks for your awesome work on this mod :)

So following the wiki as well as this recent post, you mention to remove  "_stock" from GU/EVE, to allow other visual mods to function on stock planets (AVP in my case).

However, I can't find such a folder/file/line inside GU/EVE folder, am I missing something ?
Thanks for your help  :)
1DB1orp.png

That means you didn't install stock clouds :)

8 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

That means you didn't install stock clouds :)

That indeed sounds absolutly full of prime logic sense I was apparently badly lacking at that moment :D
Thank you :) 

After I installed this mod successfully, I got a low fps(about 30 and before about 100+) in the game.I think my  computer configuration is ok for play this game(13900K+RTX4090).I also find the gpu in low usage in game.Is this result normal?   :(

On 4/28/2021 at 10:21 AM, LORDPrometheus said:

[snip]

One other thing I did do was create a remoteTech patch for the antenna parts you added which is something I would suggest you look into even if that mod is no longer as popular as it once was. 

Does such a patch exist yet? I was reviewing antenna choices and realized I can't use these antennas with my remote tech constellation. :( I also don't know the broadcast ranges.

Edited by Mitokandria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...