[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

26 minutes ago, TruthfulGnome said:

ohhh okay not really a fan of the sunflares for Destiny  and being able to see them at Janus but oh well

The Kerbol system is extremely close to the Tempus system (by design, so you can easily get to it with stock engines) so GU applying realism over that means you get this. Deal with Gameslinx. :D

It looks great! But how can I rescale the stars and planets? I want to make it more realistic because I’m using RSS (although I know about Real Exoplanets , this mod has more worlds and seems to be more interesting:))

btw I’m running this on 1.11.1 and some planets are pitch black in the tracking station(definitely not black holes). How can I fix that?

18 hours ago, Kepler452b said:

It looks great! But how can I rescale the stars and planets? I want to make it more realistic because I’m using RSS (although I know about Real Exoplanets , this mod has more worlds and seems to be more interesting:))

btw I’m running this on 1.11.1 and some planets are pitch black in the tracking station(definitely not black holes). How can I fix that?

Rescale! support is coming in the next update/patch

The black orb issue is because you don't have your render quality set max

Edited by ballisticfox0

Looking at the error logs, it just seems that it is only part of Rescale/Sigma that GU doesn't support is changes to the pressure and temperature curve. Other than that, using rescale works fine (at least for the Kerbol system as I haven't tested it anywhere else).

Hi everyone !  Got to say thx a lot for that GU, it's just awesome !

Everything is working perfectly, i use Beyond Home with Blablo.
Clouds and scatterer works fine aswell, but i'm having one issue : the third moon Alar.

After i get closer from the surface ( like <50km), the moon disapear. i can see only deep space galaxy textures, not even a black orb.
To make sure it's only a texture loading problem, i tried to use MechJeb Landing feature to land on Alar. But the ship is destroyed while landing even at 0.5m/s.
I noticed when i used Finest Tune after the Homann transfer the given altitude didn't match with my request, and i know that tool never gives wrong values..

All the other moons and planets just worked fine and were corectly generated.

I'm running KSP 1.11.3066, GU 1.0.2-3 and BH 1.0. any ideas how to fix it ?

Hi. Sometimes I get a mission to extract ore or so something on a barycenter.

This is just a center of mass so there is no place to land. Should I just ignore these missions?

EDIT: Is this a bug or just continue ignoring? I remember the old GU and in KSS, missions sent me to specific planets.

thanks!

Edited by enewmen

2 hours ago, IV_Aerospace said:

Okay so how do I actually plan/get an intercept with another star system? When doing a maneuver node it eventually just goes parabolic out of Kerbol SOI

Can do it the easy way or the hard way. The hard way is to use the stock ion drive that lets you warp time with trust at the same time. Very hard because these missions may take 1000 years while other planet missions may take less than 1 Kerbin year, so plan carefully. The easy way is to use KSPIE Warp or USI Warp. But those require the community tech tree and a TONS of science.

Edited by enewmen

2 minutes ago, enewmen said:

Can do it the easy way or the hard way. The hard way is to use the stock ion drive that lets you warp time with trust at the same time. The easy way is to use KSPIE Warp or USI Warp. But those require the community tech tree and a TONS of science.

and you could use FFT

or Blueshift warp

56 minutes ago, enewmen said:

Hi. Sometimes I get a mission to extract ore or so something on a barycenter.

This is just a center of mass so there is no place to land. Should I just ignore these missions?

EDIT: Is this a bug or just continue ignoring? I remember in KSS, missions sent me to specific planets.

thanks!

This is KSP's contract system not being built for any of this, it has a hard time with other stars let alone binaries, all you can do is ignore it 

51 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

and you could use FFT

or Blueshift warp

good luck using FFT, without a realistic ISP reconfig FFT is basically useless for interstellar travel in any decent timeframe, get an ISP reconfig or use KSPIE if you want to go interstellar

2 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

good luck using FFT, without a realistic ISP reconfig FFT is basically useless for interstellar travel in any decent timeframe, get an ISP reconfig or use KSPIE if you want to go interstellar

well, just use more fuel, the flights will take longer but for that I have BTW ^^

2 hours ago, Watchboy52 said:

So it says to not install over a previous update so I'm assuming that means that I'd have to redo the whole modpack from the beginning again, but I'm assuming I can keep the save?

That means if you have GU and there is a update delete the old GU and replace it with the old GU don't overwrite

You don't have to completely redo the whole modpack but if are using something like beyond home I suggest you do

Is their a way around or fix the overheating from map view (that doesn't involve cheats)? I skimmed through this post and I didn't see any (might have missed it), even if its a janky fix, I will take it.

Either way, this mod looks amazing and looking around in the normal track station, the planets are gorgeous. I can't wait to explore as many planets as I can.

16 minutes ago, Acestin said:

Is their a way around or fix the overheating from map view (that doesn't involve cheats)? I skimmed through this post and I didn't see any (might have missed it), even if its a janky fix, I will take it.

Either way, this mod looks amazing and looking around in the normal track station, the planets are gorgeous. I can't wait to explore as many planets as I can.

I think it's a Kopernicu Issue