[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

3 hours ago, Don0303 said:

no matter what i do no other stars or planets will show up, even when i remove everything but this and Kopernicus, tracking station wont let me zoom out any more than stock, same in map

please follow the installationguide, you cannot mess it up if you just follow it.

19 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

please follow the installationguide, you cannot mess it up if you just follow it.

I did follow it, thats why im saying here that it didnt work, if i didnt follow the installationguide, i wouldnt have brought it up

15 hours ago, Don0303 said:

I did follow it, thats why im saying here that it didnt work, if i didnt follow the installationguide, i wouldnt have brought it up

I'll need logs, both ksp and kop + screens of gamedata and the gu folder and more explanation of your gu set up.

11 hours ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

it says when Unable to accept invite when i click accept invite. this happens with gregrox's server too

I'm absolutely no expert on this, but people join everyday on the server -> invite works. 
There is membership screening so idk if you are verified or not?

Edited by StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, Anroalh said:

Sorry guys if this sounds too stupid, is there anyway of travelling to GU systems with the stock system or is it mandatory to have the warp addons?

I don't think there is a way to reach the stars using stock parts within a reasonable time frame.

if you do not wish to use warp mods like Blueshift I suggest FFT.

I followed this install guide but with the latest versions of GU. When I zoom out I only see around 10 systems as apposed to the dozens that this guide shows. I can't even find a black hole to marvel at. Any ideas? Did something change?  

Additional issues I have seen that may not be bugs/problems installing but I would like to see addressed are bad texture qualities, bad texture mapping (especially arouras being incorrectly mapped on the dark side of planets so you can see awkward grid lines), and static gas giants outside of the stock system.  What gives!?

I know this is a vague and annoying  post but I don't want to go too into detail describing exactly what I have in GameData because that would be paragraphs upon paragraphs. Please ask questions if I can provide more helpful info!

20 hours ago, ayothepizza said:

In the 1.11 versions, KAX A* (the black hole) is there, but in the most recent GU version (1.1) KAX A* is not there, along with a few other systems. Why?

14 hours ago, FlyingFaller said:

I followed this install guide but with the latest versions of GU. When I zoom out I only see around 10 systems as apposed to the dozens that this guide shows. I can't even find a black hole to marvel at. Any ideas? Did something change?  

Additional issues I have seen that may not be bugs/problems installing but I would like to see addressed are bad texture qualities, bad texture mapping (especially arouras being incorrectly mapped on the dark side of planets so you can see awkward grid lines), and static gas giants outside of the stock system.  What gives!?

I know this is a vague and annoying  post but I don't want to go too into detail describing exactly what I have in GameData because that would be paragraphs upon paragraphs. Please ask questions if I can provide more helpful info!

With version 1.1 there was a complete mod restructure allowing for CKAN use and generally better performance.

Some 1.0  systems need to be ported and refined to a higher quality as some planets/stars were a bit rushed.

Kormann didn't make the cut and it was decided to do a complete overhaul of the system.

Local Stars needed its textures refined but is very near to completion.

Kax A* is going through a complete overhaul making it closer to its real life analog Sagittarius A, including several stars orbiting it, this will also include an option Galactic Layout option for those that want a KSS style galaxy.

This is the cause of the hold up with most of the systems, there are plenty of systems in the current version. I do suggest you take a look at what is there at the moment :).

Edited by ballisticfox0

23 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Kax A* is going through a complete overhaul making it closer to its real life analog Sagittarius A, including several stars orbiting it, this will also include an option Galactic Layout option for those that want a KSS style galaxy.

Oh yeah, looking foward to it!

10 hours ago, funnelton said:

hold on, just to be clear the stock kerbin system doesn't change right?

Yes, this mod adds in star systems and planets, it doesn't change the stock system. However, there are optional stock visuals you can add to the system as well if you install EVE and Scatterer.

On 7/18/2021 at 5:50 AM, IsuckatKSP said:

Yes, this mod adds in star systems and planets, it doesn't change the stock system. However, there are optional stock visuals you can add to the system as well if you install EVE and Scatterer.

thanks!

@StarCrusher96               Has this bug been fixed?                    (放大跟踪站会导致工艺品过热和爆炸。

[Moderator added translation]
Amplifying the tracking station can cause the craft to overheat and explode.

Edited by James Kerman
Added Translation

1 hour ago, cowjm said:

@StarCrusher96               Has this bug been fixed?                    (放大跟踪站会导致工艺品过热和爆炸。

[Moderator added translation]
Amplifying the tracking station can cause the craft to overheat and explode.

Nope it is a kopernicus bug so we have no control over it.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:48 AM, A can of antimatter said:

I think I need a high-power antenna, but I can't find such mod, so I have to modify the cfg myself.:rolleyes:

GU Parts includes 2 extremely high powered antennas (one of which may be broken). They should be more powerful than those in any other mod since GU absolutely needs this. But realistically, there cannot be an infinitely powerful antenna so you have to deal with that and make do with what you get.