[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

XzMgeEj.png

xh5B0tu.png

lIqsS3H.png

The sheer visuals of this modpack continue to impress! I especially enjoy the massive floating rocks (not sure if they were intentional but they look cool)

That being said the game did drop to 12-20 fps when I got down to the surface of Orus. Lag was especially bad during flight, though I'm not sure if that's because of Kopernicus, Scatterer, or some optimization issues.

Right now Nova Kiribani does still seem to be the most refined out of all the packs, so if I ever start a fresh install I'll probably download just that to reduce the mod's extreme RAM and graphics usage.
... is what I would say, if everything else also didn't look so fantastic! Not sure I could really resist wanting to download everything again anyways. 

Especially the future additions you've hinted at! I just hope the lag goes down sometime. 

8 hours ago, IsuckatKSP said:

The systems do orbit around the galactic core but they move so slowly that unless you timewarp millions of years that they won't noticeably move.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

PDS 70 d

ezgif-2-129df95b64a7.png

ezgif-2-3a354026c7d3.png

I NEED

2 hours ago, Dobelong said:

The sheer visuals of this modpack continue to impress! I especially enjoy the massive floating rocks (not sure if they were intentional but they look cool)

That being said the game did drop to 12-20 fps when I got down to the surface of Orus. Lag was especially bad during flight, though I'm not sure if that's because of Kopernicus, Scatterer, or some optimization issues.

Right now Nova Kiribani does still seem to be the most refined out of all the packs, so if I ever start a fresh install I'll probably download just that to reduce the mod's extreme RAM and graphics usage.
... is what I would say, if everything else also didn't look so fantastic! Not sure I could really resist wanting to download everything again anyways. 

Especially the future additions you've hinted at! I just hope the lag goes down sometime. 

Hi! thanks for the feedback!

The floating rocks are sadly a kopernicus issue, turning the amount of scatters down in the settings menu helps reducing them. 
FPS drops can be caused by your RAM usage, but also by the game loading chunks of groundscatters.  I made gu on an old 8 Gb RAM laptop and because i only used it for making the mod (i rarely play ksp), i do not know what amount of mods start making lag more obvious.

Edited by StarCrusher96

10 hours ago, ArNiSk said:

Hey, I need help.
I try to launch the game with the mod, but it gets stuck on the loading screen. Have reinstalled the game several times already, did not help. Anyone have any tips?

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey
Try this or the clip :)

3 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Well, I tried everything as was in the instruction, uninstalling the game, and offing the Cloud first. It helped, for a bit.

The game launched without major issues, when I added some systems, but then froze again after I added systems past Lich. Any idea what's causing this?

18 hours ago, ArNiSk said:

Well, I tried everything as was in the instruction, uninstalling the game, and offing the Cloud first. It helped, for a bit.

The game launched without major issues, when I added some systems, but then froze again after I added systems past Lich. Any idea what's causing this?

Personally, I added all the systems at once, launched the game, closed it, and then launched it again before playing. Perhaps this might help?

19 hours ago, ArNiSk said:

Can you post your logs, so i'm able to check where the game has issues?

17 hours ago, Astronomer81 said:

What are the requirements? The mod is not working for me, I already have a visual which are scatterer and EVE, plus scatterer is not loading the oceans for me.

I can't fix anything without proof. The mod works as it should. Requirements and installation in the link above.

A strange glitch often happens when I switch from a vessel in interstellar space (or just really far away from Kerbin) and go back to the space center. The same error constantly pops up on the log, and the buildings become really deformed and jittery to the point where clicking on them becomes difficult. 
However, it seems that going into a building and exiting it/launching a craft from Kerbin will fix the issue.
Has anyone else been able to replicate this?

BKlbIVY.png

2 hours ago, Dobelong said:

A strange glitch often happens when I switch from a vessel in interstellar space (or just really far away from Kerbin) and go back to the space center. The same error constantly pops up on the log, and the buildings become really deformed and jittery to the point where clicking on them becomes difficult. 
However, it seems that going into a building and exiting it/launching a craft from Kerbin will fix the issue.
Has anyone else been able to replicate this?

BKlbIVY.png

Pretty typical ksp floating point error, nothing we can really do about it

how do i post pictures?

On 10/7/2021 at 1:05 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

I can't fix anything without proof. The mod works as it should. Requirements and installation in the link above.

I want to Show you my gamedata  folder, the kopernicus version, and the fact that there is no planet past Eelo in my ksp.

15 minutes ago, Astronomer81 said:

how do i post pictures?

I want to Show you my gamedata  folder, the kopernicus version, and the fact that there is no planet past Eelo in my ksp.

You can use Imgur, share them with links etc, ...
Sounds like an installation mess up :s

Edited by StarCrusher96

So, I have a good graphics card but the rest of my PC is very old, and I won't have a chance to upgrade until next year. Not sure if that's the problem, but right now I can only load about 3-4 systems in my already heavily modded game before KSP slows to a crawl. /sadface Which ones are the most interesting to visit / most complete / which do you guys recommend the most? Right now I have Tau Ceti, Alpha Centauri, and Sirius enabled and was thinking of maybe adding Sag A*. 

4 hours ago, Grimmas said:

So, I have a good graphics card but the rest of my PC is very old, and I won't have a chance to upgrade until next year. Not sure if that's the problem, but right now I can only load about 3-4 systems in my already heavily modded game before KSP slows to a crawl. /sadface Which ones are the most interesting to visit / most complete / which do you guys recommend the most? Right now I have Tau Ceti, Alpha Centauri, and Sirius enabled and was thinking of maybe adding Sag A*. 

Here's my "best system" list (opinion)

1. Tau Ceti - Aquel and Mare are just too pretty

2. Epsilon Eridani - lots to explore

3. Sirius - beautiful system

4. Trappist - Very nice

5. Alpha Centauri - Nice, but starting to show its age, still fun to explore

6. Lich - Very nice just a bit small compared to the others

7. Kormann - The red star lighting eats the details and makes all the planets look samey

Alien Worlds and Stellar Adventures aren't on this list because they're different