[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

On 10/6/2021 at 9:33 AM, Astronomer81 said:

What are the requirements? The mod is not working for me, I already have a visual which are scatterer and EVE, plus scatterer is not loading the oceans for me.

So I had this same problem. It has something to do with the way you install GU. I used a fresh install of KSP, installed Scatterer, Planetshine, EVE, AVP, and Parallax. All fine. Added GU and it completely broke Scatterer. I went in and deleted the GU install and tried it again and this time it worked.

I think it may be related to having un-installed systems still set to 'True' on the config.

9 hours ago, Frostiken said:

So I had this same problem. It has something to do with the way you install GU. I used a fresh install of KSP, installed Scatterer, Planetshine, EVE, AVP, and Parallax. All fine. Added GU and it completely broke Scatterer. I went in and deleted the GU install and tried it again and this time it worked.

I think it may be related to having un-installed systems still set to 'True' on the config.

Removing systems set to true won’t do anything though if you set the system to false while it’s still installed it can break scatterer, rule of thumb is just don’t touch the general settings and instead go into GU/_Systems create a folder called PluginData, then throw all systems you don’t like into that folder and your done.

as Grimmas said AVP and GU’s stock visuals don’t take kindly to each other so remove one of them

I encountered a problem, once I start the game I get that Kopernicus message where it says "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process". I also have OPM and that worked with Kopernicus once I got rid of GU, so im fairly certain its something to do with GU. I would appreciate help, thanks.

3 hours ago, Bob’sCousin said:

I encountered a problem, once I start the game I get that Kopernicus message where it says "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process". I also have OPM and that worked with Kopernicus once I got rid of GU, so im fairly certain its something to do with GU. I would appreciate help, thanks.

Hi, can you provide logs or specify which GU version, KSP and Kopernicus version you're using?  The first thing i can think of is that GU wasn't installed correctly. Were you able to check out the installation clips?

7 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi, can you provide logs or specify which GU version, KSP and Kopernicus version you're using?  The first thing i can think of is that GU wasn't installed correctly. Were you able to check out the installation clips?

It seems like I installed everything correctly, I am playing KSP 1.12.2 and GU 1.1 and Kopernicus 1.12.1 release 59, I first tried release 60 but I encountered said problem so I tried to run a different version yet it still happened

10 hours ago, Bob’sCousin said:

It seems like I installed everything correctly, I am playing KSP 1.12.2 and GU 1.1 and Kopernicus 1.12.1 release 59, I first tried release 60 but I encountered said problem so I tried to run a different version yet it still happened

Hmmm should work tho, can you send me a link to your logs?