[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

Not really

Have added GU to heavily modded installs before, the clean install stuff is really not that meaningful

Just join the discord server @kennyc222 https://discord.gg/R8pYP8jF2g

And you can literally install everything BUT GU through CKAN, so please don't complain because there are technical limitations for why GU is not on there.

So I'm updating to the new version...

Where the hell did I get these, I don't see them anymore.

_AlienWorlds.zip
_StellarAdventures.zip
System_Sirius.zip
System_TauCeti.zip
System_Trappist-1.zip

These are all in my old download folder no idea where they came from, but they're clearly related to GU.

Also: https://imgur.com/a/Ukzx9Si

What does any of this mean? Except for 'alien worlds', these system names mean nothing. Is 'Leethe' supposed to be Lich? Is Cer Turi supposed to be Alpha Centauri? Luhman-16 is Kormann-16? Is any of this accurate anymore? Because the names are clearly nonsense.

Edited by Frostiken

59 minutes ago, Frostiken said:

Where the hell did I get these, I don't see them anymore.

These systems aren't updated yet. So far, there are only the whole Nova Kirbani system, Lich, and Kespilon Kerilani (if I'm right)

1 hour ago, Frostiken said:

but they're clearly related to GU.

Yes.

1 hour ago, Frostiken said:

What does any of this mean? Except for 'alien worlds', these system names mean nothing. Is 'Leethe' supposed to be Lich? Is Cer Turi supposed to be Alpha Centauri? Luhman-16 is Kormann-16? Is any of this accurate anymore? Because the names are clearly nonsense.

These sound okay. You can't call Alpha Centauri by itself because there's already a mod using that. And originality is a thing here, so it's pretty much something that makes sense even though the names are weird.

@StarCrusher96might answer that question.

(and Cer Turi is Tau Ceti)

What's wrong with Lich? Kormann-16 sounds sci-fi

(and this wasn't made to be close to reality. Albeit there are some that are real-life analogues, this mod wasn't really made to be really, really close to reality. 

14 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

These systems aren't updated yet. So far, there are only the whole Nova Kirbani system, Lich, and Kespilon Kerilani (if I'm right)

Yes.

These sound okay. You can't call Alpha Centauri by itself because there's already a mod using that. And originality is a thing here, so it's pretty much something that makes sense even though the names are weird.

@StarCrusher96might answer that question.

(and Cer Turi is Tau Ceti)

What's wrong with Lich? Kormann-16 sounds sci-fi

(and this wasn't made to be close to reality. Albeit there are some that are real-life analogues, this mod wasn't really made to be really, really close to reality. 

I just think it may be better to call both the systems in the guide and the systems in terms of system files / downloads by the same name lol

9 hours ago, Frostiken said:

I just think it may be better to call both the systems in the guide and the systems in terms of system files / downloads by the same name lol

That's already the case?

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey

68747470733a2f2f63646e2e646973636f72646170702e636f6d2f6174746163686d656e74732f3534333931303030323133383830383333302f3835393035313530303330363935363238382f756e6b6e6f776e2e706e67

Edited by StarCrusher96

About to draft a new, fresh install for KSP. GU seems like the winner for main planet pack (alongside OPM).
Am I correct in assuming GU doesn't have Space Dust configs included? What's the word on exotic ISRU and various resource presence and abundance? 

25 minutes ago, Axelord FTW said:

About to draft a new, fresh install for KSP. GU seems like the winner for main planet pack (alongside OPM).
Am I correct in assuming GU doesn't have Space Dust configs included? What's the word on exotic ISRU and various resource presence and abundance? 

Indeed no Space Dust configs yet. 
For resources - GU's compatible with Rational Resources.

I'll be quite honest, the lack of Space Dust configs kinda kills it. To the point I'm thinking of cooking up my own, though I have little experience with SD configs and I'm obviously still unfamiliar with GU as a whole. I wouldn't be in the best position to determine what each celestial bodies would have what. GU seems to be well worth the trouble, even then. It's not absolutely necessary at this point but having more ways to gather AM and other atmospheric resources 'out of the box' would have been nice.

Edited by Axelord FTW

Got a setup issue.

For now, I'm testing GU with a fresh, clean KSP install.  That said, my goal is to eventually use it with an existing save (stock system + OPM + MPE + 2.5x rescale)

Created new KSP install instance, and added it to CKAN.  Installed Kopernicus.  Installed GU following instructions on GitHub.  Launch game.  Game starts up fine.  Create new sandbox save.  Loads into KSC just fine.  Exit game, close KSP.  Add Sigma Dimensions, leave its configs at stock.  Test game, still works fine.  Add 2.5x Rescale! Continued config.  Test game, encounter problem:

"Loading Expansions" step completes fine.  Game hangs at pre-main-menu loading screen (black screen, loading animation at bottom-right keeps going).

KSP.log shows Kopernicus-related logspam.  Kopernicus log shows that it gets through the "loaded body" steps for all the stock planets, then breaks with:

[LOG 18:53:29]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Anuq: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

... when it gets to the first GU planet.

Edited by SilverlightPony

On 5/22/2021 at 7:16 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

With the prerelease installed, I am noticing an issue with science: after installing the prerelease, when a kerbal goes on EVA from a rover while around the KSC, the EVA-ing Kerbal will be able to run a whole heap of experiments (plant life, something related to big and small icebergs, object analysis...). The experiment text on some experiments mention 'cells in the "tree" are similar to ones on Kerbin' and the body Blalo, so I assume this behavior is caused by something in how GU is setting up experiments, and I haven't noticed this behavior before.

Same issue. ScienceAlert just goes nuts as soon as you go EVA anywhere. Even though this post is over half a year old, and nobody seems to have said anything about this since, I'm guessing that the cause was never addressed.

From what I can tell by fiddling around the various science-related .cfg files in GU+, these should be only called when on certain bodies, but the default calls are actually open instead of being tied to something like 'PlanetXsrflanded,' which allows them to be run wherever you are. Case in point, those experiments don't fulfill any 'milestone' requirements, and the game won't notice them being done. I get experiments for icebergs, plantlife, rocks, and even Ayys-related stuff.

Edited by Axelord FTW

On 1/21/2022 at 9:10 AM, Axelord FTW said:

I'll be quite honest, the lack of Space Dust configs kinda kills it. To the point I'm thinking of cooking up my own, though I have little experience with SD configs and I'm obviously still unfamiliar with GU as a whole. I wouldn't be in the best position to determine what each celestial bodies would have what. GU seems to be well worth the trouble, even then. It's not absolutely necessary at this point but having more ways to gather AM and other atmospheric resources 'out of the box' would have been nice.

Made an account to say that I'm currently working on configs due to being sick and in quarantine. I know it's not official, but I'm taking heavy inspiration from both Space Dust and the Space Dust Bunnies addon's default configs. Resources include antimatter, argon, liquid fuel, deuterium, xenon, ammonia, co2, helium-3, hydrogen, methane, nitrogen, oxidizer, rock, and water (just like the mentioned addon) + graviolium for Blueshift. Building the file structure so each resource can be easily disabled.

I might have to take a few "liberties" like and sprinkle in comically large amounts of

Spoiler

antimatter near The Orb

for some true kerbal touches, but it shouldn't be too much longer if you're interested. A lot of it is just copy-paste while shifting a few numbers and reference bodies around.

Edited by Vexxel

I founded issued v0.0772 scatterer with GPP was broken on GU don't work older v0.0772 no scatterer. I try on v0.0830 worked fine on GU alone without GPP.
Same 
Beyond Home with GU & scatterer don't worked, only worked alone Beyond Home without GU.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Wolves_Hero

Well, I got GU installed and (seemingly) working with the Rescale! Continued 2.5x config, then ran into a bug with ResearchBodies where a bunch of the new GU bodies got marked as discovered and fully researched immediately, and some of the bodies in the Kerbol system that had previously been fully researched were suddenly hidden again.

(This seems to be just a bug with ResearchBodies, not with GU as far as I can tell.)

Also, apparently one of my probes or something got jank'd out of Kerbol's SOI? I don't see it anywhere, but I got a thing in the in-game message center about it.