[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

Out of curiosity why is this called "Galaxies Unbound" when its in one galaxy thus making "galaxies" not apply to the mod? Did I uncover your secret plans by mistake? Are you planning world domination through a ksp mod? Why is this?

17 hours ago, Rustyskiessam said:

Im sorry to ask another question, but i remember in older versions orbit lines extended all the way to other stars with like, trajectories, is there a way to bring that back?

thats to do with patched conics, thats in ksp settings

59 minutes ago, TheLoneOne said:

Out of curiosity why is this called "Galaxies Unbound" when its in one galaxy thus making "galaxies" not apply to the mod? Did I uncover your secret plans by mistake? Are you planning world domination through a ksp mod? Why is this?

thats to do with patched conics, thats in ksp settings

Ok, how do I change it? 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:42 PM, Rustyskiessam said:

Hey, has anyone found a solution for solar panels always tracking kerbol while around other stars? 

Kopernicus has a patch you can just drop in your game data called multi star solar tracking you can find it here! https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/download/release-86/MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg

1 hour ago, TheLoneOne said:

Kopernicus has a patch you can just drop in your game data called multi star solar tracking you can find it here! https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/download/release-86/MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg

Any release beyond v86 (I think?) has that already. :)

@StarCrusher96 Having some issues with scatterer giving log exceptions leading to crashes. This issue only happens with GU, other planet packs work fine. I have tried each individual GU star system and it happens with all of them.  Ive reinstalled everything and am using the latest versions of GU and of all dependencies.  No extra mods installed. Any ideas? logs attached

KSP log

Player log

EDIT: Anyone with this issue try this

Edited by Flipper028
solution

Having a few issues related to Kopernicus spitting out the age old "kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system" error. I've done a fair bit of troubleshooting on my end and was hoping I could get some help regarding either improper installation on my part, or some other sort of error that most likely was due to my lacking knowledge. Any help would be appreciated, i'll link my full KSP install below.

KSPWin64

If the whole file is too much information and you just require the smaller log files or something similar, let me know, i'll provide those as soon as I can.

Edit: I have also been told that simply putting my Kopernicus log zip and KSP would be useful as well, once again, any help would be appreciated. Here are the links below

Kopernicus Log

KSP Log

Edited by Superfirestar123

3 hours ago, Flipper028 said:

@StarCrusher96 Having some issues with scatterer giving log exceptions leading to crashes. This issue only happens with GU, other planet packs work fine. I have tried each individual GU star system and it happens with all of them.  Ive reinstalled everything and am using the latest versions of GU and of all dependencies.  No extra mods installed. Any ideas? logs attached

This is a long time problem, and there might have been a fix now... considering you don't use Homeswitch

10 hours ago, Jool the Planet said:

Why does the oceans disappear with Environmental Visual Enhancements?

Please ensure that you are using the latest 0.08xxx version of scatterer

4 hours ago, Superfirestar123 said:

Having a few issues related to Kopernicus spitting out the age old "kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system" error. I've done a fair bit of troubleshooting on my end and was hoping I could get some help regarding either improper installation on my part, or some other sort of error that most likely was due to my lacking knowledge. Any help would be appreciated, i'll link my full KSP install below.

KSPWin64

If the whole file is too much information and you just require the smaller log files or something similar, let me know, i'll provide those as soon as I can.

Edit: I have also been told that simply putting my Kopernicus log zip and KSP would be useful as well, once again, any help would be appreciated. Here are the links below

Kopernicus Log

KSP Log

Looking at  the logs, it’s an issue with Alpha Centauri (Nova Kirbani), uninstall that system for the time being while I figure out a real fix.

apologies if this has been asked before or should be obvious, but this mod has both eve/scatterer visual support and OPM support- does this mean it has eve/scatterer effects for the OPM planets? 

EDIT: NVM, looked harder and found an answer

Edited by xXIndestructibleEVAXx

7 hours ago, Flipper028 said:

So I believe I found a solution and ive posted it to blackrack's scatterer thread. Everything appears to be working now.

My solution was to delete just one file on the GU folder and the logspam was fixed. (was your problem logspam? with the red text spammed millions (exaggerated) per second?)

21 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Please ensure that you are using the latest 0.08xxx version of scatterer

Looking at  the logs, it’s an issue with Alpha Centauri (Nova Kirbani), uninstall that system for the time being while I figure out a real fix.

It's also an issue with Rhan. I uninstalled EVE and kept scatterer in my GU KSP install and the oceans appeared. So, I think the culprit is EVE.

Edited by Jool the Planet

13 hours ago, Jool the Planet said:

When I send the SSTO into the invisible ocean thinking it was a desert, it ended up splashing into an invisible ocean.

That’s a common issue and we’re still not sure why that’s happening.

Just f5 + f9

16 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

My solution was to delete just one file on the GU folder and the logspam was fixed. (was your problem logspam? with the red text spammed millions (exaggerated) per second?)

Exactly, but I also needed to edit files in the stock scatterer configs or it would keep happening, something related to homeswitch and how "kerbin" was handled. Im no modder or programmer so it was just trial and error until something worked.  Which file did you delete?