[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

12 minutes ago, The Credible Bulk said:

A really cool mod! 

I've run into a problem, however, when using the GU_parts mods with Kerbalism. Whenever I use a GU antenna on a vessel in flight, I start getting NullReferenceExeption spam. I attached what i believe is the relevant section of the logs below. It looks like it has something to do with Kerbalism but I'm so experienced at reading the log files.  Any idea what might be causing  this or how to apply a fix? I've also asked on the Kerbalism thread to see if there's a fix on the other side.

Reveal hidden contents

[EXC 13:47:49.953] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KERBALISM.DB.KerbalismData (Vessel vessel) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.Init () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.AntennaInfoCommNet.AntennaInfo () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.GetAntennaInfo (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo..ctor (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.ConnectionInfo.Update (Vessel v, System.Boolean powered, System.Boolean storm) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.EvaluateStatus () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.VesselData.Evaluate (System.Boolean forced, System.Double elapsedSeconds) (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    KERBALISM.Kerbalism.FixedUpdate () (at <508759cbee33445e8d50142044bd4b10>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Hey @The Credible Bulk,

GU and Kerbalism don't play "nice" together and need compatibility patches, see:

14 hours ago, BlueBirdAzurite said:

I found a bug with the mod. I think that the ground scatters of GU might enter in conflict with stock terrain features keeping them from generating. I'm asking for help, does someone knows how to fix this?

Is this perhaps about this?

• ROCValidationOOR [KSP 1.8.0 - 1.12.3]
    Fix ROCManager crashing during loading with Kopernicus modified systems.

Can you provide a KSP log file?

On 2/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, StarCrusher96 said:

Decided the Kerbol Revamp / Expansion will be its own mod (name undecided).
Already started finishing Kerbin (normals are a bit rough here).

Just by curiosity, do you have a very vague idea of when it'll release? I'm getting back into ksp again and wondering if I should wait and get the revamp or use the stock system :)

8 hours ago, funnelton said:

Just by curiosity, do you have a very vague idea of when it'll release? I'm getting back into ksp again and wondering if I should wait and get the revamp or use the stock system :)

At this point we're gonna have to wait until they make a whole galaxy to revamp the stock system, lol. 

You can look inside GU/Configs/GU_SettingsFiles/SunRescale.cfg I believe this is the config that applies the sun flare to the stock sun. So you'd need to copy or adapt just this file and keep the files it references while deleting the rest of GU, this should work in theory (untested). 

2 hours ago, ArthritisGuy said:

Hey there! I’m fairly new to modding KSP, and truth be told my pc isn't very good. Does it TRULY need 8gb RAM? And what’s that about 10gb memory, is that storage space or…? I’d absolutely love this. 

It's strongly recommended for any ksp install that you have 8gb of RAM to run KSP, but if you have less you may be able to run with less since GU is modular. If you're truly determined to get all of GU running or something crazy like that, join the GU discord as there's an experimental mod in testing at the moment that can drop KSP's RAM usage to as low as 128mb (yeah you heard me right).

2 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

It's strongly recommended for any ksp install that you have 8gb of RAM to run KSP, but if you have less you may be able to run with less since GU is modular. If you're truly determined to get all of GU running or something crazy like that, join the GU discord as there's an experimental mod in testing at the moment that can drop KSP's RAM usage to as low as 128mb (yeah you heard me right).

Sweet!  But how about those of us who got lucky enough and managed to buy 128 gigs on sale?  I'm looking for one that eats 90 gigs but doesn't melt my 1080 gpu or my 10700k cpu.  :P  lmao.  In all seriousness that mod sounds freaking awesome for performance.  Wish I'd had access to it with the 1.7 release lol.

All I can say here is, when I had 32gb of RAM I was barely able to run two of GU star systems together. Of course, I was also using BDB, MLP, NFT, FFT, ReStock, KPBS, FUR, USI, and a ton of other mods.

Now I have a 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, a i9-12900K, and a faster SSD, so i am barely able to run the full GU pack with those mods, but it's not exactly pleasant. Actually the game works fine, more or less (except Kerbals die when going EVA on an exoplanet), but the problem is the long delay (up to 30 seconds) when transitioning between KSC, Editor, and Flight modes. 

9 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

YOOOOOOOOO WHAT CHANNEL DO I GET THIS ON?? I need this lmao

edit: I asked in #technical-support-gu

Edited by ArthritisGuy
Updated info