[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

On 8/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, darkracer125 said:

there is no search function that i can use to search this thread.  

but my planets "vibrate" when i have this mod installed.      you can see the orbit of kerbin shake a few pixels.      and i have noticed an occasional bug with trajectory's because of this.  

is there a fix for this?    it happens about 4 or 5 times a second.    maybe a blackhole somewhere rotating.    or is this just a standard thing for kopernicus (because it does it with dresskiller base aswel)

The forum makes the search confusing. You can search individual topics though! 

In the top right, in the Search bar, click on it and a drop down menu appears. There's an option to Search in: This topic.

On 10/7/2022 at 7:06 PM, NathlessOne said:

Hey, i've been having some very weird glitches, and GU just wont load, heres my log file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pGR_Rq-Y9DOdyPR1tMWFo2pH6ayQwhcB/view?usp=sharing

please tell me what is wrong, as i love GU and it's probs one of the best, along side Beyond Home

Hi it seems to be a 2 things at first sight:

1. GU is not compatible with AVP (toss that one out) 
2. You need the previous version of Parallax as GU does not have the patches for 2.0.x yet.

Hope this works :) Let me know if it doesn't with new logs.

6 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi it seems to be a 2 things at first sight:

1. GU is not compatible with AVP (toss that one out) 
2. You need the previous version of Parallax as GU does not have the patches for 2.0.x yet.

Hope this works :) Let me know if it doesn't with new logs.

yea, i found that out a bit after. However, a new weird thing arises tho idk if it's my pc, but basically the game stutters to immense proportions, to the point where it will take around 10 mins to move a sec. This happens ONLY with the GU stars. the effect is especially noticeable with Saaghen's star and Proksimus Kirbani. Never had that problem ever. Anyways, thx for the help and i hope that maybe you can solve this problem soon

13 minutes ago, NathlessOne said:

yea, i found that out a bit after. However, a new weird thing arises tho idk if it's my pc, but basically the game stutters to immense proportions, to the point where it will take around 10 mins to move a sec. This happens ONLY with the GU stars. the effect is especially noticeable with Saaghen's star and Proksimus Kirbani. Never had that problem ever. Anyways, thx for the help and i hope that maybe you can solve this problem soon

You may be suffering from the stock maneuver planner issue.  You can install KSP Community Fixes, then enable the patch that gives you the option to disable the maneuver planner, then disable it in the in-game settings.

21 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

You may be suffering from the stock maneuver planner issue.  You can install KSP Community Fixes, then enable the patch that gives you the option to disable the maneuver planner, then disable it in the in-game settings.

wait that thing actually lags people?

why didnt i know about that sooner! can you send me the link to that mod or whatever?

1 hour ago, NathlessOne said:

wait that thing actually lags people?

why didnt i know about that sooner! can you send me the link to that mod or whatever?

This really should be a must-have mod for GU, because it has a number of optimizations that are really necessary when you have a large number of vessels and bodies in the universe as well.  There's another optional optimization regarding commnet throttling you probably want to turn on.

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

This really should be a must-have mod for GU, because it has a number of optimizations that are really necessary when you have a large number of vessels and bodies in the universe as well.  There's another optional optimization regarding commnet throttling you probably want to turn on.

your a life saver, thank you so much!

3 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

so how would i do that? (put in the patch, that is)

Edited by NathlessOne
cause i needed to specify

1 hour ago, NathlessOne said:

so how would i do that? (put in the patch, that is)

you can do it with a MM patch, but it's also reasonable to just go into the kspcf settings.cfg file and change the values in there.  But you might need to re-do it if you ever update that mod.

On 10/10/2022 at 5:24 PM, JonnyOThan said:

you can do it with a MM patch, but it's also reasonable to just go into the kspcf settings.cfg file and change the values in there.  But you might need to re-do it if you ever update that mod.

yea, i figured it out rn, thx anyways!

@StarCrusher96 will removing the GU_Patches/Parallax directory from whatever systems are installed suffice to let GU load with Parallax 2 installed - until the patch is ready?

EDIT:  The answer appears to be yes.  No ill effects from removing that directory that I see.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

I may have spoken too soon.  The oceans of Kerbin are now dry.  :-(
EDIT: though only with Alien Worlds pack installed - and not enabled in GU-GENERAL_Settings.cfg

apologies if I'm reiterating known things.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman