[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

Hi, I'm currently having a problem with the new 1.2 AlienWorlds or TeegardensStar. With Blueshift installed to travel between the star systems, space beyond the kerbol system is classified as "interplanetary" whereas it should be "interstellar". That renders my warp drives useless since I can only reach about 35 times the speed of light instead of 15000 times. Didn't have this problem before I installed these two system packs.

Edited by Merlin1809

1 hour ago, Merlin1809 said:

Hi, I'm currently having a problem with the new 1.2 AlienWorlds or TeegardensStar. With Blueshift installed to travel between the star systems, space beyond the kerbol system is classified as "interplanetary" whereas it should be "interstellar". That renders my warp drives useless since I can only reach about 35 times the speed of light instead of 15000 times. Didn't have this problem before I installed these two system packs.

I think that's a blueshift problem :s

38 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I think that's a blueshift problem :s

It's a config problem, because the rogue planet from alien worlds probably counts as a planet that is orbiting kerbol and makes blueshift think it's interplanetary.

B503B65.png

Could I make a blueshift blacklist for it like that? Is it configured like a normal planet or different?

Edited by Merlin1809

On 2/17/2022 at 8:26 AM, Morphisor said:

Actually that's still not enough if you want to run all systems, including visual mods and parts suites. 

I have 16 RAM and I'm running all the systems + all the unreleased stuff ( about 300 objects in total) and i'm doing just fine.

41 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I have 16 RAM and I'm running all the systems + all the unreleased stuff ( about 300 objects in total) and i'm doing just fine.

I did mention parts mods for a reason, because nobody would play with these systems using stock parts only. They account for significant extra memory overhead.

I did a test install on my main build with Beyond Home as starting system, and admittedly a lot of parts - my KSP memory usage will run over 40 GB upon loading in.