[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

Big report:

Please check "commDish101" in  Parts/communication/

CommDish101 will not not load in GU 1.0.2 and it does load in the old KSP 1.8 GU.   I  also tried to use the old KSP 1.8 version of GU in the A Stellar Odyssey 1.0.2  and still no luck.

Will not load and not visible in the community tech tree.  I was able to load complex ships in the old GU,  then remove commDish101 so I can load the ships with GU 1.0.2.

BTW, I think I did a full install with EVE and  Visuals_Scatterer and all the planets & stars seem to load OK.  Is there a test I can do to make sure everything (including EVE and Scatterer and all planets) got installed correctly?

Thanks!

Again, totally appreciate the work put in GU and that should keep me busy for the see-able future.  It will be a LONG time before KSP 2.0 comes out!

2 hours ago, Grislibar said:

Having a small issue with Scatterer when I install Outer Planets Mod in conjunction with GU.  With GU, Scatterer works fine, but breaks the moment I install OPM.

KSP Log

Using the GU 1.0.2-2 version and the latest versions of Scatterer and OPM.

Hi,
plz remove BoulderCo to start with - breaks clouds. - Gu uses its own stock clouds. (just decompress them in GU_Clouds.)
I also see no mods that enable scatterer for OPM, right now the GU patch tries to apply shaders that haven't been installed. You need something like this:

Edited by StarCrusher96

3 minutes ago, furnace3dgaming said:

i installed kopernicus with the latest version of GU but when i zoom out in tracking station only the kerbol system exists nothing else  (installed using kspModAdmin)

Did you follow the installation instructions or clip? If yes, please post a link to your zipped logs.

Edited by StarCrusher96

12 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

yes

file:///C:/Users/Furnace3dGaming/OneDrive/%CE%A5%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%B3%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AE%CF%82/Logs.zip

also is the fresh ksp version important because i installed it on a used one

10 minutes ago, furnace3dgaming said:

file:///C:/Users/Furnace3dGaming/OneDrive/%CE%A5%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%B3%CE%B9%CF%83%CF%84%CE%AE%CF%82/Logs.zip

also is the fresh ksp version important because i installed it on a used one

i need a link to the file :p you need to upload it somewhere.

8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Hi,
plz remove BoulderCo to start with - breaks clouds. - Gu uses its own stock clouds. (just decompress them in GU_Clouds.)
I also see no mods that enable scatterer for OPM, right now the GU patch tries to apply shaders that haven't been installed. You need something like this:

Ok.  Giving it a try.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, furnace3dgaming said:

u got access

Had a look, Your KSP logs tell me there are no exceptions or errors that could relate to GU not loading. 
Your Kopernicus however indicates no planets other than Stock are being loaded. 

I can't really tell what you did wrong. But i can only ask to install GU correctly and the mods required to load it. Don't use CKAN or anything that does the work for you.  

The rule is simple, drag a folder 'GU' to GameData, install most recent kopernicus and it should run.  If you have problems with installing planetmods, it's better to start with only kopernicus and gu and add other mods later. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

IF problems persist send me your logs again + screen of GameData and GU general settings.cfg :)

Ok, it's still persisting.  See below:

No OPM

2021-01-07%20(no%20OPM).png?raw=true

Log: KSP Log (no OPM).zip
GameData Structure:  GameData (no OPM).txt

With OPM

2021-01-07%20(with%20OPM).png?raw=true

Log: KSP Log (with OPM).zip
GameData Structure: GameData (with OPM).txt

I had not had an issue with this until the GU 1.0.2-2 release, hence why I've brought it up here rather than in the OPM thread.

Thank you, and great mod so far!

I reinstalled ksp and installed everything correctly and while ModuleManager is loading everything correctly ksp crashes on startup is there something i can do to fix it? because if i remove ModuleManage GU doesnt load up.