Very important feature that should be added in KSP 1.11.1

On 12/21/2020 at 12:35 AM, Miguelsgamingch said:

And yeah, the construction lamp is moving.. by its own..

Mobile site lamp - its a feature :)

Its annoying with all this experiment units too - they just walk, roll, get up again...

On 12/21/2020 at 1:41 AM, Miguelsgamingch said:

Nope, When I Plant a flag it thens drops. like a flop.

Meybe area is already claimed by someone else?

Like The Mighty Kraken?

You cant claim his space just like that - You have to beat him.

IIRC from when I was playing around with this earlier, it depends how you place them.  If you place them with construction mode using an engineer, they roll all over the place.  But if you place them using the arrow button from the inventory, they will stay put.

I have no idea why there are two different modes for placing these deployables, each with totally different results.  You can't attach them to any thing or place them in the VAB, so construction mode doesn't even make sense for them (and of course can only be done by an engineer, which is weird for deployables).

57 minutes ago, StopIteration said:

I have no idea why there are two different modes for placing these deployables, each with totally different results.

Because with the deploy icon (down pointing arrow) you're telling them to deploy it. Going into construction mode and dropping it, you're telling them to drop it.

Edited by Superfluous J

43 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

you're telling them to drop it

Yeah and it's bad design because I think a lot of people (such as OP, and I think I saw Matt Lowne do it too in his video) "deploy" things using construction mode, and also it is weird that only engineers are skilled enough to be capable of dropping things (but anyone can deploy them).

Edited by StopIteration
clarification

52 minutes ago, StopIteration said:

Yeah and it's bad design because I think a lot of people (such as OP, and I think I saw Matt Lowne do it too in his video) "deploy" things using construction mode, and also it is weird that only engineers are skilled enough to be capable of dropping things (but anyone can deploy them).

Weird doesn’t mean unrealistic. Could be union regulations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.