Unable to put deployable parts into Cargo inventory

Hi. As per the title I'm unable to put parts intended to be deployed on EVA (e.g. Communotron Ground HG-48) in any cargo inventory whether in VAB/SPH. I am able to put in the 4 EVA named parts, the personal parachute, and the small and stand lamps. Something tells me I've just missed a small detail somewhere but it's seriously irritating me so much I apparently triggered a censor filter here; thanks in advance for any help. 

Edited by caligatus

21 hours ago, bewing said:

If you are in career mode, I have seen a bug where a part that has just been unlocked in the VAB/SPH cannot be put into a container. You may need to exit to the space center, and then enter the building again.

I did that and more (left the game entirely, started a new save file in sandbox, etc) and nothing works; then I realized with an epic facepalm that Making History and Breaking Ground were both one version number behind what they should be, aren't going to update automatically, and after I downloaded the current versions everything works just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.