New KSPTV's Developer live-stream on December 23rd

UomoCapra

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Kerbal Space Program demographic...

Jokes aside, a substantial amount of people may be on annual leave/holiday so its not an issue for them.

Hahaha, that was a funny way to get your point across. In Squad's defense:

1. As a community we don't want them to know where anyone lives. As a result, we can't expect them to optimize time for the largest number of customers would be served best; how would they know what time that is?
  2. Between USEC, USWC, EU and SEA you'll always find one or two time zones for who a time is incredibly inconvenient
  3. Following the above, "might as well pick a time that's convenient for those who are organizing it."

I assume there will be a recording though.

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

What’s the topic? Next update future plans?

We're gonna play with the new update, talk about its development and maybe show some neat tricks to make the most of the new features  :wink:

10 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I was afraid I was kind of dating myself with that one...   lmao  :D

I think there are a lot more mature KSP players/forum members than in many other games. One of my earliest memories is of my parents getting me out of bed in the middle of the night to watch a moon landing on TV.  I would have been about 2½  during Apollo 11 so it was probably that landing.  (That dates me).

14 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I think there are a lot more mature KSP players/forum members than in many other games. One of my earliest memories is of my parents getting me out of bed in the middle of the night to watch a moon landing on TV.  I would have been about 2½  during Apollo 11 so it was probably that landing.  (That dates me).

That sounds right.  I remember staying up til 1 or 2 in the morning waiting for them to get out and walk.

16 hours ago, AVaughan said:

I was 8 then, (born just 2 days after JFK's speech).  I think I may have watched the landing live, but not the 'first step' (UK time).  The whole 'space thing' and the Apollo programme in particular really grabbed my attention at that age.  Which is, I guess, why KSP appeals so much.

OK, we're all around the same age... more or less. My grandfather was an IBM engineer back then, and was into the Apollo mission(s) even more than I was. I think that's where I got it.
I think it was Apollo 11 that my grandparents let me eat in the living room for the very first time, so I didn't have to miss anything

Grandpa would have loved KSP...  :D

And to bring things back on topic, it's up to the team, and the boss, not just me... But I have no problem doing more of these... it was really fun! I'll throw it by everyone after the break and see what they say