Received a mission to attached Stratus V Cylindrified Monopropellant Tank to Satellite

I received a mission to attach the Cylindrified Monopropellant Tank to Satellite in Kerbin Orbit, but this part does not appear to be one which can be added to cargo.  I took one up attached to a ship and tried to have an engineer move it, but no luck; since its not a "cargo" part it doesn't seem to be  possible to remove it from one ship to place it on another.  I plan to try just attaching a ship with one via a Klaw, anyone know if this will work?

Most likely a bug, you can load a FT-T200 tank but not a stratus tank?I would suggest filing a bug report, stating the mission details in which it asks to install the tank

But here's a fix:

open the file GameData/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCStankRadialLong/RCSTankRadialLong.cfg inside the game's directory and add the following section, right before the last '}':

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoPart
		packedVolume = 600
	}

Now you can load it up inside a storage unit to be installed on your satellite

11 hours ago, Jack Mcslay said:

Most likely a bug, you can load a FT-T200 tank but not a stratus tank?I would suggest filing a bug report, stating the mission details in which it asks to install the tank

But here's a fix:

open the file GameData/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCStankRadialLong/RCSTankRadialLong.cfg inside the game's directory and add the following section, right before the last '}':

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCargoPart
		packedVolume = 600
	}

Now you can load it up inside a storage unit to be installed on your satellite

Thks very much! Now it can be loaded as a cargo! Mission completed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.