The Flat Pack Challenge (Stock + DLC)

Given 1.11's new feature's, this opens up a whole range of opportunities such as adding to existing bases, Repair and improving in-situ, and most importantly, creating entire light craft anywhere in the kerbol system. 

Scoring system;

The scores will be separated into two leader boards, Aircraft and Spacecraft. Each will be scored using a different formula, for example, Aircraft will be scored using the following equation;

Range(km)* maximum-horizontal-speed(m/s) / Mass(kg)

So therefore, a hypothetical craft able to fly 500km at 150m/s and weighs 1500kg (1.5t) would garner a score of 50.

The Spacecraft, on the other hand (including landers, probes and the such like) will be evaluated using a simplified version of the above equation, e.g.

DeltaV (m/s) / Mass(kg)

Therefore a craft with 2000m/sΔv with a mass of 750kg (0.75t) would have a score of 2.6

EACH CATEGORY IS INDEPENDENT OF EACH OTHER.

Furthermore, Kudo's will be given to the more extravagant location the construction of the craft will take place.

Patch;

Spoiler

dLhUjud.png

Aircraft Leader Board

1. (contestant)(craft name)(score)

Spacecraft Leader Board

1. KC3QJA  ~  Bidome 1  ~   56.75

Edited by chadgaskerman

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, KC3QJA said:

I didn't take any pictures during the mission, apologies. I'm new to this.

well you have 2 options when it comes to taking screenshots in kerbal, 1 is through the game itself (F1 i believe?)  and 2 is through steam

i personally find steam easier as you can just simply navigate to them.

the second step would be uploading them to imgur, it doesn's require an accout, you just drag and drop the image file onto the website and it should be fine.

after doing this you should be able to open the image in a new tab, copy the url, paste it into your response and it should automatically embed into your post.

hope this helps.

On 1/4/2021 at 11:14 PM, KC3QJA said:

KC3QJA/Bidome 1/ 56.75

Notes: clocked with KAL-1000 
DLC used
Used sandbox mode

Type: Spacecraft

56.75!? You’re saying that you can get 56km/s of vacuum delta-V per ton on a spacecraft? Strange, since the best you can actually get with the stock parts is about 33 using an OKTO2 probe core, a Dawn ion thruster and between 6 and 8 PB-X50 xenon tanks. I would be very interested to know just how exactly you got nearly double the maximum possible score...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.