Hope that KSP2 will be able to run in headless mode

cyberKerb

My hope is that being able to run KSP2 in headless mode is already on the cards due to unspoken plans with multiplayer integration.
I figure I'd get this request in while development is still running hot. ;) 

I'm also hoping there would be better multi-monitor support for KSP2. If only to have capture  some gorgeous external camera view to review later after concentrating on the main launch window.

For those not in the know, 'headless' is when you have a computer run the main computations of a game, but configured to not provide any GPU output. Aircraft simulator players have had this for years, mainly so they can split the game processing across multiple CPUs. 

The grunt-work of number crunching the sim is done on one PC, but they have other PCs with high-end graphic cards to manage the many high-res world scenery across multiple screens. They might also have another PC to manage the game input,  and another for displaying other non-detailed displays, eg:  cockpit views, MFD, dials, external cameras, etc...

Personally, it would be great for making that cockpit to play in. It'll also be a great functionality for anyone that's made their own control panel. I'm wondering if  @Nate Simpson ever made his own panel for KSP? If so - is it still around for some pictures?

Edited by cyberKerb

My hope is for a fully interactible and functional IVA in VR, then I could make dummy control panels which don't actually need much functionality but provide tactile feedback in VR for a fully immersive spaceflight simulation, with the cool views all done in the helmet. This would be less costly and complicated than building a functional real-world cockpit.

5 hours ago, Jack Mcslay said:

KSP2 with map view on the second monitor would be boss

With headless an enough computers, you could have a main monitor, a map view, an external camera and an instrument panel all running together.

18 hours ago, Jack Mcslay said:

KSP2 with map view on the second monitor would be boss

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 has a neat feature, when you open the VFR map (or any other window in the game) window there's a button, when you press it it undocks the window from the game and makes it it's own separate instance. with that you could put it on your second monitor, it's amazing. I'd love this to be implemented in KSP 2.