The Beginners Guide of Kerbal Space Program!

Dr. Kerbal

• 1 month later...

Tip 2: How to get to orbit. How I get to orbit is like this. Launch your rocket and gradually and slowly pitch 45 degrees until you hit 10,000m above sea level. Then gradually pitch more until you reach space. Make a menuver in space and burn to get an orbit.

• 3 weeks later...

I... don't wanna complain, don't wanna say bad things, don't wanna criticize.

Just have a super simple question: How to do Tip 1?

If you want to ask how I made tutorials I can tell you. You might not understand. It takes weeks, or even months. Like my "Early career games" ones took something like 3 weeks of posting & editing. The "Getting more science" is easier and only took something like a week.

This is how I did it, since I cannot youtube. And also just some extra information is that I heard that they are outdated.

I go into the wiki, I don't follow those useless old tutorials that the community made in the wiki. I go to wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Science and wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Technology_Tree, scroll out everything that gives science. Then scroll out delta v maps, wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Kerbin and stuff like that. Mark my plans in a document or something like that. Try to do some proofreading, shorten a bit of time and stuff like that. Redo the same step again with a different plan. I did something like 2 or 3 for "Early career games". When I found the fastest, cheapest, easiest one I delete all the old ones, open a new career and then type it in the most understandable way I can.

On 12/22/2020 at 9:45 AM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Tip 1: watch a tutorial on YouTube.

Uhhh... Dunno if I would call "go watch someone else's tutorial" a tip TBH.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Tip 2: Launch your rocket and gradually and slowly pitch 45 degrees until you hit 10,000m above sea level. Then gradually pitch more until you reach space. Make a menuver in space and burn to get an orbit.

Pitch 45° which way? Why? How slowly?
Gradually pitch how much more? When?
What kind of menuver [sic] in space? When?
Nothing on how to build something that can get to orbit (or a "tip" to use a stock craft that can)? No mention of TWR? Required ΔV? How to plan a circularisation burn?
I mean if this is supposed to be a "beginners guide", shouldn't you cover the basics first, like how to read the navball, create maneuver nodes, that kind of thing?

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

Guys, if you don't value someone's contributions, just move on to other threads. Going through the effort of posting just to make that person feel bad doesn't make the situation better for anyone and wastes time you could be spending on something more enjoyable. 

Some comments have been removed. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.