Here’s an example!

Indian Space Program

Japanese Space Program

Korea Space Program

Blue Origin

1 minute ago, Starhelperdude said:

maybe a collab with the indian space pogram or a similar ''small'' national space pogram?

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a list of things that I would want in stock 1.12:

• Eeloo revamp
  • Stock KAS
  • Crew transfer bug fix
  • Single Boar engine
  • 4/6 crew command pod
  • More solar panels
  • More space station parts
  • An option to scale planets when creating a game, from 1x to 10x
  • Fairings to have clamshell deploy on and 3/2 sides by default

P.S. @Nertea's mods add a lot of that stuff, but it would still be nice to have it in the stock game :) 

Edited by SpaceX_Boi

I'll paste my parts idea from another thread:

My suggestion for new/revamped parts is to do something jet engine related. There are certainly good jet engines in KSP but there may be some gaps that could use filling.

-Scimitar engine: The RAPIER without the rocket mode. Many SSTO designs use only the jet engine mode of the RAPIER, trading its high top speed for its lower efficiency and using a dedicated rocket instead of the RAPIER's rocket mode. Maybe as a trade-off between the Scimitar and the RAPIER, the Scimitar could be lighter or more efficient, or cheaper. This engine would be used a lot for SSTO craft.

-Pulse jet engine: A very cheap and light jet engine for the beginning of career modes. Maybe have it replace the Juno in the tech tree and bump the Juno up a level, or maybe have the pulse jet down a level. The pulse jet engine would be a lot less efficient than other more advanced jets (1000-1500 Isp?) but it would be useful for puttering around the KSC area and getting some early game science, or for building micro jet engine craft, or for doing cheap contracts. The part number could be J-31, inspired by the Ford PJ31 pulsejet.

-Rolls-Royce Olympus: A very efficient jet engine that tops out at just over Mach 2. The Goliath engine would fill this role except it doesn't really look like it's a dedicated supersonic jet engine. If the Goliath does fill this role, then an actual GE90 that tops out at about Mach 1 would be nice.

-Ramjet engine: An intermediate between the RAPIER and the Whiplash. The J58 wasn't a true ramjet and couldn't get as high of a speed as one. The ramjet would have intermediate efficiency and top speed. Maybe the Whiplash could be nerfed to accommodate this.

-Whiplash afterburner: The J58 had an efficient afterburner, so I feel like the Whiplash engine should have a more efficient dry mode and a slightly less efficient wet mode, just like the Panther engine.

-Liquid air cycle engine or air turborocket: An engine that has high specific impulse at sea level and its specific impulse gets gradually lower as the atmosphere thins. Good for very high speed atmospheric flight but less optimal in space. This would be useful for large and streamlined craft. The RAPIER would fill this role except its rocket mode doesn't quite work this way.

-A more realistic precooler: The real purpose of a precooler is to slow down the incoming air that comes into a jet engine, as well as cooling it down to increase the engine's efficiency. The precooler could maybe increase the Mach limit of any engine attached to it, and/or increase its specific impulse. For balance, its internal fuel tanks could be removed, while keeping dry mass the same.

-Motorjet engine: Has a much flatter thrust curve than other jet engines and thus gives higher low-Mach thrust and TWR. Would be good for STOL / carrier landings.

Other random ideas:

Have the Nerv generate electricity when idle - after all, there's a pretty big nuclear reactor in there.

Have RTGs decay with a half life of 80 years or so. Time will become a pretty big factor in missions to Eeloo or something.

Have the gas generator outlets on gas generator engines produce thrust.

I've always wanted better IVA features, like being able to move around in your spaceship, being able to do maneuvers and switch SAS targets from command pods between modules, maybe even being able to actually do science from inside the craft. I've always thought that the IVA experience was lacking in many ways, and always thought it would be so cool to easily fly a whole mission in IVA in stock. Maybe also some more habitation modules to float around in.

Edit: Also I think they should make some experiments take loooong times, such as zero-g  growth so that stations are useful for things other than refueling and the lab.

Edited by LHACK4142
Added something I forgot

I'd love to see both more solar panels and more capsules, but what I really want to see are more fuel tank variants. Maybe a glossy black and a glossy white with no details? Kinda hard to do a stock Electron replica and make it look right. A single Boar engine would be neat, too.

• 1 month later...
  • Craft selector revamp. I was talking about this in another thread and now I realize just how much I NEED IT.
  • Something similar in functionality to KAS, including the aforementioned EVA tethers. Perhaps making the Jetpack unlock later in the tech tree.
  • The last few planet revamps.
  • Maybe some new higher-tier parts, and new tech nodes at the far end where the NERVA and ions would be, along with new engines of those types. 
  • More diverse power options. Unfortunately these aren't really necessitated by anything at this point. there is nothing in the game that takes up enough power to warrant bigger solars than what we already have, and the RTG is overpowered (heh, get it) enough already.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, Cyne said:

I don't want any additions, I just want a update purely focused on bugfixes and optimising the game. Mods exist.

yeah... until they don't. By that logic the base game might as well include absolutely nothing and all the content should come from mods.

we've not heard anything development-wise for quite a long time now... longer than usual?

Anyone else slightly worried?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.