5 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

There's likely to be a 1.11.1 update soon, that should fix at least some of the bugs.

I hope the add headers to the PAW inventory blocks so you can collapse it, I'm completely baffled as to why the crew have those but not the regular inventory space. 

31 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

If carrying cargo isn't a good use of rovers, I don't know what is. And we have that. Much better than using landers to hop around a base or between them.

I mean like a science boost or contract boost, when you dont have outposts and bases. why send a sciene rover when you can have a lander/hopper?  like more rover science and rover specific contracts

Why use a rover over a hopper/lander? Infinite driving range (with solar or RTG power), can carry heavier stuff, plus you can stick Bon Voyage in your install and get the rovers to drive themselves around while you do something else entirely (this is really good with Kerbalism as experiments can take a long time to complete). Add in the Breaking Ground scanning stuff which is made for rovers and I see no reason to do anything else unless the gravity is extremely low- when wheels would just skip off the surface- or there’s a lot of water around e.g. Eve or Laythe, where flying is the better option; though a flying rover would be the best option there.

• A 'ground' SAS mode for rovers: orients the vehicle to be level with the ground's inclination and the reaction wheels yaw aid in turning;
  • Input settings on the in-game menu;
  • Proper boat/submarine parts, respective science would be cool too;
  • More craft labels, such 'refueling station', 'laboratory', separate labels for manned and unmanned rovers;
  • Tracked vehicles;
  • Breaking ground robotics parts not with the structural rigidity of wet spaghetti;
  • MK2, MK3 and 3.75m reaction wheels
20 hours ago, Souptime said:

I mean like a science boost or contract boost, when you dont have outposts and bases. why send a sciene rover when you can have a lander/hopper?  like more rover science and rover specific contracts

I'm pretty sure contracts to measure stuff at surface level are rover specific. They're simply not practical with flying vehicles.

Clouds in stock please (optional for weaker systems)... for all players - those with consoles and those who don't trust mods or aren't willing to hope for mod updates to the most current ksp version.

I would like to see colour options for the 5m parts, more science parts, maybe one or two new command modules & probe cores (an Orion and a Dragon, something like a Cubesat) and definitely some more solar panels.

Edit: and more colour options as well on other things.
something else like the MRS' (Modular Rocket Systems mod) LES.

Edited by Xemina

On 12/22/2020 at 1:36 AM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

So... yeah... what do you guys want to see. I kinda was disappointed in 1.11

Care to elaborate?  Or is it just bugs as you mention further down.  I think for yet another free update, one where they even moved some DLC functionality into the main game, it was pretty solid, at least feature wise.

On 12/26/2020 at 2:13 PM, Jack Mcslay said:

I'm pretty sure contracts to measure stuff at surface level are rover specific. They're simply not practical with flying vehicles.

I do them with hoppers all the time, especially on airless worlds. Frequently you can hit 2 with one landing if you aim it right. 

More station parts. The lab and the cupola were a nice start, but please give us more. More parts, that give space station a use. More than refill and the lab. Maybe greenhouses, cupolas, obervatories, fabrication facilities and bigger command capsules (e.g. a commandpod for 5 kerbals or more) to mount on big rocket and enable a safe reenty for a bigger crew.

Moar stationparts.... moaaaaar ;-)

Edited by Rakete

Hey. Why cant we use ore to make parts. It just seems logical.

I mean its ore right? Doesn't it mean it contains resources used to like make science experiments and fuel tanks???

Its mining, and thats where all parts logicall y come from

metal to pieices of metal to parts to space parts in ksp

On 1/2/2021 at 11:28 AM, Rakete said:

More station parts. The lab and the cupola were a nice start, but please give us more. More parts, that give space station a use. More than refill and the lab. Maybe greenhouses, cupolas, obervatories, fabrication facilities and bigger command capsules (e.g. a commandpod for 5 kerbals or more) to mount on big rocket and enable a safe reenty for a bigger crew.

Moar stationparts.... moaaaaar ;-)

Yes that would be nice. and please have more accurate meunver nodes. Please!!!!!!!!!!!

And please add 7 symmetry. I find it strange not being there.

On 12/23/2020 at 12:25 AM, Superfluous J said:

Like all good puns this one seems to need explaining. I never knew it was a pun and now knowing it is, I don't see it.

Twin boar.  Like a twin-bore.  You know, a double-barelled shotgun, that ubiquitous bit of americana.

I have to say it, but 1.11 was a pretty bad update, all it added was stuff you could already get using mods(or at least, that was the main feature)

Also, I would like to give my 2 cents on 1.12

I honestly feel like a rover update is in order here, rovers in ksp are kinda useless, because biome hopping is just easier, There needs to be an incentive to using a rover, as currently biome hopping is just better, and you get there faster too.

The features I feel like should be added incude

Contracts for you to drive a rover somewhere/land one somewhere in the solar system, the contracts would require you have some type of motorized wheel on your ship, so biome hoppers will not work.

New Parts

ChemCam, A science experiment where if rockets were fired in the surrounding 100m it would not work, REQUIRING A ROVER, it also could only be done at certain sites, again, requiring a rover.

Mastcam, Science experiment, you can take a panorama in certain places, these places would appear in the mastcam menu, and you could hit a button for the rover to drive to it.

Radiation detector, Needs to be preformed in multiple locations on a planet, they are close enough to discourage use of rockets

Moxie, Can be used to attempt to generate oxygen from a planet's atmosphere(requires atmosphere), must be done multiple times in different areas, each experiment takes an ingame day, again, discouraging biome hopping, as using a rover would just be better for this, as you would need to change position by 50m every ingame hour(again, requires a rover to do effectively, do you want to waste that much fuel)

Rover antennas, small antenna is capable of commuincating within kerbin's SOI without issue, Med antenna can BARELY reach duna/eve at their farthest distance from kerbin, Large antenna, can reach anywhere in the solar system

Solar panels and adv RTG, Solar panels would be similar to those on the spirit/oppritunity rovers Adv. RTG would be similar to those used on curiosity, generating 3x the power of a normal RTG

Wheels, Even smaller rover wheels, as well as wheels for more medium rovers(curiosity)

Rover Bodies, probe cores, they would not have reaction wheels, similar to the rovemate, however, there would be 2, one, which would be like spirit/oppy, and one more similar to curiosity.

Proper aeroshells(so you can survive the toasty reentries on eve)

Skycrane winch, can extend up to 10m, control of vessel is switched to winch while it is extending/exended, the winch would be able to release upon landing

While we are at it, because of the weak antennas, players will also get some orbiter parts

Namely, medium solar arrays and some mid-tier antennas that can fold up, these would be relay antennas

Some orbiter experiments, Aerogel particle capture(look up stardust mission), Radar mapping(NOT INSTANT SCANNER, you will need to make serveral orbits to do an accuate scan) Thermal scan(can search for hot spots on the planet)

And finally, to facilitate launching these rovers, some new engines could be added

The Cougar engine(an RD-181)

The Alpha engine(similar to engine used on centaur upper stage)

The Minotaur booster, Similar to atlas-v boosters

The Slipstream booster, Similar to delta 2 boosters

I'm confused, you say 1.11 was a bad update because all it did was introduce things that you could get from mods.  

And then you suggest that 1.12 update should be a bunch of stuff that you can already get from mods...  

I must be missing something here.   

Personally I don't want them adding a bunch of new stock parts, the game loads slow enough as it is.  I want new gameplay features added to the stock game.  Like what they did with the 1.11 update.  It is amazing IMO. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.