Path of Bop Deep Space Kraken design file (or any other easter egg) ?

Hi,

I would like to open this design in order to measure the size of the kraken and see its overall structure in order to be coherent for a future mod.

It does not seem to be a standard mu file. Does anyone knows where it is ? In which format ?

For that matter, how are the other easter egg designs stored ?

See you around Duna

Edited by DunaColonist

28 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

Mistyped. Also wonderful working legs there and an alternate scanner.

Those are wonderful.  I wonder what would need to be updated for 1.10+

I've sent a message to the author asking about adopting it.  At first glance they don't really need any work, but the files are 4 years old, and there have been some changes along the way

Edited by linuxgurugamer

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

don't really need any work

SCANSAT functionality for ScannerProbe is outdated(if you don't see it in .cfg - scroll down the file) and Kraken Shutes seem broken, but maybe it's Restock doing something. So great this mod won't come to oblivion!

@Hohmannson Thanks for this, I'll look into it.

Here is an initial file, with a few obvious errors fixed:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/DrKermnassusParts/releases

I'm rather busy with some other mods right now.  If you could update the SCANSAT functionality in the following and either do a PR on Github or send them to me, I'd (and others) will be grateful:

• keRoverBody
  • scannerProbe

This was just a quick pass, in general things were ok, but there are some things which need work, such as missing tags for a number of the parts

I'll continue discussions on this in my new thread here:  

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 12/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, Hohmannson said:

This is an Anomaly, like a monolith, mun arch or something. Its model and texture seem to be hardcoded and can't be extracted due to EULA. However, I've seen DrKermannus and KrakenScience mods that have made from scratch Kraken models.

Yeah, that's what I understood from @RealKerbal3x : it would be hard to extract but even if might still technically be possible that would be not be in compliance with the EULA.

On 12/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, Hohmannson said:

However, I've seen DrKermannus and KrakenScience mods that have made from scratch Kraken models.

Of course. I wasn't planning on reusing the Anomy model (now, I know the right term, thanks) but using it as a reference.

Thank you for the precision.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.