MPLs should be able to have "Transmit Science" assignable to an action group.

Considering how crazily effective the MPL is for generating nearly infinite science, adding those to action groups would be a bit too convenient for my liking and would be one step away from a fully automated ‘launch this and farm science to complete the tech tree five times over’ module.

You're right that one or two MPLs around either of Kerbin's moons can just finish the tech tree. In that case, I feel that two clicks versus one button press is a very marginal difference. 

My interest is in stuff like this, far beyond the completion of the tech tree. 

18saEEZ.png

Looks like this was suggested back in 2018...

It seems like certain part actions have been arbitrarily left out of the action group assignment system. Surface scanners, for example, can't scan the surface using an action group... instead you have to play "track down the tiny click target" every time you explore a new biome.

Edited by PocketBrotector

On 12/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, quazarz said:

You're right that one or two MPLs around either of Kerbin's moons can just finish the tech tree. In that case, I feel that two clicks versus one button press is a very marginal difference. 

My interest is in stuff like this, far beyond the completion of the tech tree. 

Well, since you need to click quite a few times more in this thing  to transmite all the science, his point stand.

In any case, have you looked into mod options for this?

Just now, Spricigo said:

Well, since you need to click quite a few times more in this thing  to transmite all the science, his point stand.

In any case, have you looked into mod options for this?

Why does "taking a lot of clicks" mean anything? Isn't the whole point of action groups to... group similar actions and save the user the hassle of clicking a lot?

Just now, quazarz said:

Why does "taking a lot of clicks" mean anything? Isn't the whole point of action groups to... group similar actions and save the user the hassle of clicking a lot?

It means everything when the point being raised is that it prevent the part to be too convenient. Some "hassle" is there by design.

In any case, that was jimmy's opinion. It may or may not be the reason the devs let it out of the action group. The only thing i said: you didn't make anyone less concerned about labs being too convenient.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:46 PM, quazarz said:

Right now I have 20+ science stations going on right now in my save. So yes it take 30 minutes of clicking just to harvest them all between moving around to tag the parts and switch stations.  The API is in there they just need to add it. 

also @quazarz KOS can do it, but I hate loading KOS mod as it take yet more memory up. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.