EVA Construction Question/Help

Hi. I sent a Kerbal Engineer out to attach some thrusters on my ship. I was able to do two, but after that I was not able to add anymore thrusters to my kerbal's inventory. Please let me know what I need to do or what I am doing wrong.  Thanks!

A kerbal's inventory can only hold two items at once. If you want to put the other thrusters into their inventory, you have to remove something.

When building on EVA, the inventory range is large enough that unless you're going between two undocked vessels, you don't need to carry stuff in a kerbal's inventory.

I tried that. Nothing in the Kerbal's inventory, yet the bars go read. I have two ships docked with each other. I was able to place two thrusters on my ship but then after that it would not let me do more. I should mention that I also tried removing everything from the kerbals' inventory and that still didn't work. 

Here is a pic

https://pvbi0-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/gardei_pvbi_edu/EcgmHNuR7xlJmNZZlL4iFjsBHi00ndeC1Fy1Ray5ao-rdA?e=puAM7w

Edited by n3tjm

39 minutes ago, n3tjm said:

I tried that. Nothing in the Kerbal's inventory, yet the bars go read. I have two ships docked with each other. I was able to place two thrusters on my ship but then after that it would not let me do more. I should mention that I also tried removing everything from the kerbals' inventory and that still didn't work. 

Here is a pic

https://pvbi0-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/gardei_pvbi_edu/EcgmHNuR7xlJmNZZlL4iFjsBHi00ndeC1Fy1Ray5ao-rdA?e=puAM7w

Skip the inventory entirely. Click the hook icon on the right side to enter construction mode (or press the ‘i’ key shortcut). That’s the only way to manipulate larger parts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.