[1.12.x] Far Future Technologies - August 23: new engine!

Nertea

Hey, I have a question I suppose I could answer myself, but it would involve buying some parts I'm not sure I want to buy yet (career game, and I have the "must pay to research new parts" switch flipped on).

It says in the VAB that antimatter costs science, but it doesn't say how much science. So how much science buys a tank of antimatter? How does that work?

I currently have a lab in Duna orbit that has generated something like 45000 science points and my tech tree has nothing left except empty nodes, so I have plenty of science to spend. I just want to know how much science I can convert to cash and how much I might need if I suddenly decide to experiment with antimatter.

From my experiments with the Cassaba I think it is 1 science converts to 2 units of antimatter. This means filling up the antimatter ring is fairly cheap science wise but the larger tanks needed for bigger antimatter engines cost ludicrus ammounts of science. In that case you would be better off harvesting it or manufacturing it with the Antimatter Factery part.

I have the next update with all its fixes ready to go but it would really help if someone could take a look at the configs on the development branch with the fusion ratio change to make sure I haven't missed anything. 

Hey Nertea,

just an minor Question. Is there an Official Flag for the "Post Kerbin Mining Corporation"?  i couldnt find one. maybe you can add the Flag. or even variants of them. since i love using flags on my Crafts this would be really awesome.

o7

Edited by H0FF1

1 minute ago, Neebel said:

Thanks for the quick answer! I'm going to use this mod now for a stock system+OPM+Grannus Expansion playthrough.

I'm using it too with these 2 mods, plus MPE, which fits nicely with both, and maybe GU, though it would bring down my average frame rate to 40-50 FPS

https://imgur.com/a/Z76xTyz

my Unnamed Frisbee ship leaving dres (though this is a test install)

and I timewarped and every part heated up and exploded :sob:

On 2/9/2021 at 9:57 AM, Nertea said:

I have the next update with all its fixes ready to go but it would really help if someone could take a look at the configs on the development branch with the fusion ratio change to make sure I haven't missed anything. 

Dang, I thought you had already done this. Now I actually do have ships in flight using the fusion fuel.

3 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

I'm using it too with these 2 mods, plus MPE, which fits nicely with both, and maybe GU, though it would bring down my average frame rate to 40-50 FPS

https://imgur.com/a/Z76xTyz

my Unnamed Frisbee ship leaving dres (though this is a test install)

and I timewarped and every part heated up and exploded :sob:

Are you using the optional system heat patches to convert as many parts as possible to using system heat? I used to have that problem with NFE reactors until I used that patch to convert them from the stock heat system to system heat.

Question, will this ever be compatible with KSPIE?

Because these engines are AWESOME for in a solar system, but aren't that good for interstellar travel.

I understand that the engines are balanced to not be OP for the stock system, but, at the same time, they are stupidly underpowered for interstellar.

Maybe some interstellar engines would help(LATE GAME)

2 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

Question, will this ever be compatible with KSPIE?

Because these engines are AWESOME for in a solar system, but aren't that good for interstellar travel.

I understand that the engines are balanced to not be OP for the stock system, but, at the same time, they are stupidly underpowered for interstellar.

Maybe some interstellar engines would help(LATE GAME)

Look pls at the OP

it's not, and IMO it shouldn't be because these are 2 different systems and you already have enough engines in KSP-IE

48 minutes ago, squeaker0704 said:

the Bussard collector isn't collecting hydrogen for my fuel tanks    

where are you using it? do you have enough EC? do you have enough radiators for cooling it? do you have Spacedustbunnies (which has a problem that breaks some stuff)? you sould be able to collect small quantities of LH2 around kerbin with the collector facing pograde