[1.12.x] Far Future Technologies - August 23: new engine!

Nertea

2 hours ago, gefer8 said:

The Vulcan Smelter seems to not be working correctly when I settled up a mining operation. The NSW tanks are at the bottom, and are about 75% full.noN4lQe.jpg

yeah, you need to transfer the uranium per the inventory U container from the tank to the smelter

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

yeah, you need to transfer the uranium per the inventory U container from the tank to the smelter

The smelter doesn't seem to hold any uranium, though. I can't transfer anything to it since it doesn't hold anything.

55 minutes ago, ktosiu said:

Are such low values for exospheric scooping with Bussard to be expected? This is ~600 Km above Sarnus, but stock Jool is similar.

Qlo3kRA.png

If my math is correct, LqdDeuterium intake is about 0.01 u per 25 kerbal days :D

I guess yes, because you could use the Exo scoop for monts or even years around for example sarnus, the atmospheric one yields wayyy more but you would actually need to pilot the vessel and studd

sry I'f  I'm wrong

I'm having a hard time grasping the scooping mechanics. What else is required to start collecting LqdDeuterium? Atmospheric Deuterium is discovered and identified. Hoover is taking in Hydrogen and Oxidizer but still no Deuterium (and no He3). Is there a certain abundance threshold before the scoops kick in?

Edit: 10 km into Joolian atmosphere:

eur4ChE.png

Edited by ktosiu

32 minutes ago, ktosiu said:

I'm having a hard time grasping the scooping mechanics. What else is required to start collecting LqdDeuterium? Atmospheric Deuterium is discovered and identified. Hoover is taking in Hydrogen and Oxidizer but still no Deuterium (and no He3). Is there a certain abundance threshold before the scoops kick in?

Edit: 10 km into Joolian atmosphere:

You have to go deeper.