[1.12.x] Far Future Technologies - August 23: new engine!

Nertea

9 minutes ago, VCamProbe said:

Is it fine if I install this without system heat it seems to cause issues with waste heat management from ksp-ie, by issues I mean insane lag lol

1. System heat is a dependency

2. FFT is incompatible with KSP-IE

On 2/25/2021 at 11:58 PM, Starhelperdude said:

did you transfer the fuel via EVA? If the transfer per EVA is even needed?

I do not understand what you mean. I don't think you need to go to EVA to transfer fuel. I keep getting the error.

6roeHXn.jpg

FFT 1.1.1

• Updated DynamicBatteryStorage to 2.2.2
  • Updated Waterfall to 0.6.0
  • Updated SystemHeat to 0.3.9
  • Fixed effects to work with Waterfall 0.6.0 (probably improvements to FX coming in the future)
  • Reduced thrust of Frisbee by 1/3, increased Isp by 1/3
  • Fixed Cascade Isp typo (should have been 365k, was 265k)
  • Changed nuclear transfer behaviour; if NFE is installed without SystemHeat reactor patches, the NFE nuclear transfer mechanic will be used

I'm trying to build some high Dv ships with the Frisbee, over 1000 km/s Delta v. The antimatter tanks are just too small and I have to put around 100 of them to hit the Delta v I want and I can't run the craft due to high part count. Any solution?

19 hours ago, Omni122 said:

I'm trying to build some high Dv ships with the Frisbee, over 1000 km/s Delta v. The antimatter tanks are just too small and I have to put around 100 of them to hit the Delta v I want and I can't run the craft due to high part count. Any solution?

Are you using the ring storage?

There are bigger tanks that can store 48,000 antimatter. 

On 3/11/2021 at 1:02 PM, Omni122 said:

You can edit the antimatter tanks' cfg files to densify them. Just increase the amount, max amount and cost by whatever you want (I have it at 10x more). 

Edited by Apelsin

8 hours ago, Omni122 said:

I use Tweakscale for custom tailoring fuel tanks sizes to match vessel requirements.

Works pretty well, just so long as you follow a few basic rules. Fuel tanks and structural parts tweak well, but other parts you are usually safer leaving alone.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:02 AM, Omni122 said:

Thats a pretty big number, I don't intend to make bigger tanks for a while yet.

7 hours ago, Apelsin said:

You can edit the antimatter tanks' cfg files to density them. Just increase the amount, max amount and cost by whatever you want (I have it at 10x more). 

Ok, this looks like the best option. I’ll go with this.

Came accross a glitch after updating to the newest version of Waterfall and FFT on KSP 1.11.1: both fission-pulse engines (Verne and Cassaba) always have the explosion light flare texture present, even when not activated.TffKdVR.pngORnN0NZ.png

These didn't come with any sort of related warnings/exceptions in the debug console log that I could see. Anyone else experiencing this?

8 hours ago, Apelsin said:

Came accross a glitch after updating to the newest version of Waterfall and FFT on KSP 1.11.1: both fission-pulse engines (Verne and Cassaba) always have the explosion light flare texture present, even when not activated.TffKdVR.pngORnN0NZ.png

These didn't come with any sort of related warnings/exceptions in the debug console log that I could see. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hmm I thought I'd got all those but nah so I'll look at it as soon as I can. 

• 2 weeks later...

FFT 1.1.3

• Updated B9PartSwitch to 2.18.0
  • Updated Waterfall to 0.6.2
  • Updated SystemHeat to 0.4.0
  • Updated SpaceDust to 0.4.0
  • Small fixes for compatibility with SystemHeat 0.4+
  • Fixed Afterburning mode engines effects with Asimov engine