Jump to content

[1.11.x] Far Future Technologies - April 16


Recommended Posts

I have an issue with the Waterfall effects not showing up for the Discovery (spherical tokamak) engine, in either engine mode. I haven't checked other FFT engines yet, but the Waterfall effects do show up correctly for Cryo Engines parts and ReStock parts.

Potentially-relevant log snippet:

Quote

[LOG 22:16:37.270] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Controllers on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.270] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loaded Atmosphere Density Controller on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.270] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loaded Throttle Controller on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.270] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Effects on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.270] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Template effects on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.270] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Finished loading 2 effects
[LOG 22:16:37.272] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Controllers on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.272] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loaded Atmosphere Density Controller on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.272] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loaded Throttle Controller on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.272] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Effects on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.272] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Template effects on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.272] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Finished loading 2 effects
[LOG 22:16:37.283] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Critical configuration error: Multiple ModuleWaterfallFX nodes found with identical or no moduleName
[LOG 22:16:37.285] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Critical configuration error: Multiple ModuleWaterfallFX nodes found with identical or no moduleName

[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Controllers on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Effects on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Template effects on moduleID LowPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Finished loading 0 effects
[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Controllers on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Effects on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Loading Template effects on moduleID HighPowerEffect
[LOG 22:16:37.289] [Waterfall][ModuleWaterfallFX]: Finished loading 0 effects

Full log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z6QPoLRP8xGJs2Shr92w8nlrZt2AgoyI/view?usp=sharing

Note: there was one instance where the effects did display correctly, but the other 10 times I've run the program and checked they didn't. That makes me think there might be some kind of mod conflict rather than just an issue with this engine part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ollz said:

Is this Compatible ( Literally Compatable and is it Compatible as in its not impossible to get things to orbit or find fuel ) With JNSQ?

spacedustbunnies by Jadeofmaar should have configs for spacedust for JNSQ (I think), yes, I believe it should be compatible

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 9:18 PM, Nertea said:

Q: Why no Orion Drive? Daedelus?
ASo overrated. I've also tried to stay away from things we've seen directly in KSP2.

1. Daedelus Daedalus

2. Why though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

spacedustbunnies by Jadeofmaar should have configs for spacedust for JNSQ (I think), yes, I believe it should be compatible

Don't use space dust bunnies as it is completly broken in current FFT. You can change the scale parameter in spacedust to around 2.7 to make the resource bands scale up around some of the planets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CDSlice said:

Don't use space dust bunnies as it is completly broken in current FFT. You can change the scale parameter in spacedust to around 2.7 to make the resource bands scale up around some of the planets.

ohs sry, I forgot that

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, as I understand, Heat Control mod should be also installed (separately) along with Far Future to make the latter one actually playable? 

Thing is, I read the system heat wiki, but cannot wrap my head around, how should I counter excessive heat of certain engines. Say pulse fission engine generates around 13000kw, whereas biggest stock radiator dissipates only 200kw. All visible surfaces of my craft currently have to be covered with radiators... Is there anything I miss?

Edited by qwertyza
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, qwertyza said:

So, as I understand, Heat Control mod should be also installed (separately) along with Far Future to make the latter one actually playable? 

Thing is, I read the system heat wiki, but cannot wrap my head around, how should I counter excessive heat of certain engines. Say pulse fission engine generates around 13000kw, whereas biggest stock radiator dissipates only 200kw. All visible surfaces of my craft currently have to be covered with radiators... Is there anything I miss?

yeah, you really need Heat Control to handle the heat of these engines.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't forgotten about the bug stack, by the way, I just keep getting more bug reports every time I fix most things. 

 

On 1/25/2021 at 7:44 PM, harbingerdawn said:

I have an issue with the Waterfall effects not showing up for the Discovery (spherical tokamak) engine, in either engine mode. I haven't checked other FFT engines yet, but the Waterfall effects do show up correctly for Cryo Engines parts and ReStock parts.

Potentially-relevant log snippet:

Full log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z6QPoLRP8xGJs2Shr92w8nlrZt2AgoyI/view?usp=sharing

Note: there was one instance where the effects did display correctly, but the other 10 times I've run the program and checked they didn't. That makes me think there might be some kind of mod conflict rather than just an issue with this engine part.

Hmm. I'll continue to look into it but I can see that plume ingame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I haven't forgotten about the bug stack, by the way, I just keep getting more bug reports every time I fix most things. 

well, you know the old refrain...

"152 bugs on the wall, 152 bugs.... take one down, patch it around, 221 bugs on the wall...."

Edited by Drew Kerman
Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm trying to use the NSWR, but it keeps overheating at 4000 K no matter what I do. I attached the Alpha radiators from Heat Control and made surre they were on before starting the engine: nothing. I attached the radiators directly to the engine: nothing. 

Is their something I'm not doing? What is the minimum radiators needed per NSWR engine?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dave1904 said:

Engineers do not seem to help with the Le3 Harvesters efficiency. 

Yep, System Heat does not include this mechanic. 

1 hour ago, Wahgineer said:

So I'm trying to use the NSWR, but it keeps overheating at 4000 K no matter what I do. I attached the Alpha radiators from Heat Control and made surre they were on before starting the engine: nothing. I attached the radiators directly to the engine: nothing. 

Is their something I'm not doing? What is the minimum radiators needed per NSWR engine?

There is a detailed planning UI included in the mod. Please use it, for clarity check the wiki if having issues

https://github.com/post-kerbin-mining-corporation/SystemHeat/wiki

Long story short this will not at all work with those radiators, they don't provide anything like enough cooling. It's like 5 kW each, engine needs a few thousand kW.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nertea said:

Yep, System Heat does not include this mechanic. 

By design or is it a limitation? The covert o tron  and drill from squad also use system heat and engineers affect their output. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, a realisation about another mod has lead me to upgrade the capabilities of my asteroid redirect mission plan "slightly" (oh USI. Fun at times, a bugger at others. Still, embracing this challenge). 

And so I am launching an NSW powered beastie with in-situ resource processing facilities to try and wrestle the over sized beastie into an orbit with Kerbin. Just thought people might be amused to hear of it. 

Edited by Dep_Opt
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, im trying too make a Module Manager Config for FFT and Systemheat for the B9 HX Reconfig parts pack, too make the HX reactor work as a systmeheat/FFT fusionreactor. 

However, i get some erros when i try using it in the editor

 

[EXC 18:20:45.594] InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
	System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] predicate) (at <fbb5ed17eb6e46c680000f8910ebb50c>:0)
	FarFutureTechnologies.FusionReactor.Start () (at <dd0d9fbb879b40a1bf10e65441345bd8>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 18:20:45.623] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	FarFutureTechnologies.FusionReactor.RechargeCapacitors () (at <dd0d9fbb879b40a1bf10e65441345bd8>:0)
	FarFutureTechnologies.FusionReactor.FixedUpdate () (at <dd0d9fbb879b40a1bf10e65441345bd8>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)


the first one only comes up when i grab the part from the parts list, the secon one is spammed as long as its present.

Heres my MM config, its an edit of the one in the default HX reconfig, with me adding on the last part (and changing the flags for the first n second patches)

https://gist.github.com/3f8f12052a3a7e4164a7a91c813fd26e

Any idea whats causing the error? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably just dumb but is there any other way to produce deuterium off world other than a Bussard scoop? Also, any tips on how to maximize their use? Love this mod, just wanna enact a dream of a self sufficient ark ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FX-2 Fusion Reactor. Has two "compact" variants, one entirely getting rid of the connecting truss and one shortening it. Shouldn't the attach node move with the shorter truss version? Because currently it doesn't, it stays at the point it would be with the full "inline" variant. Questioning tone being because I'm not sure if this is a bug report or something I'm missing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 5:02 PM, Taco Salad said:

I'm probably just dumb but is there any other way to produce deuterium off world other than a Bussard scoop? Also, any tips on how to maximize their use? Love this mod, just wanna enact a dream of a self sufficient ark ship.

Air scoop too iirc. 

On 2/3/2021 at 4:27 AM, Dep_Opt said:

FX-2 Fusion Reactor. Has two "compact" variants, one entirely getting rid of the connecting truss and one shortening it. Shouldn't the attach node move with the shorter truss version? Because currently it doesn't, it stays at the point it would be with the full "inline" variant. Questioning tone being because I'm not sure if this is a bug report or something I'm missing. 

Valid point!

On 2/1/2021 at 10:33 AM, 123nick said:

Hey, im trying too make a Module Manager Config for FFT and Systemheat for the B9 HX Reconfig parts pack, too make the HX reactor work as a systmeheat/FFT fusionreactor. 

However, i get some erros when i try using it in the edito

Full log, full config. Fusion reactor module was not designed to be super reusable so might need some changes depending on what you are trying to accomplish. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...