I'm worried about the possible system requirements of KSP2

22 minutes ago, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

I'm worried, will my laptop be enough when I run KSP2 with the same laptop I have today? ...

You are not alone...... 

23 minutes ago, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

My laptop's processor is an i3-1005G1, which they said is stronger than the other laptops that I have in here that their processors is i3-8145U and i3-10110U.

I'm worried, will my laptop be enough when I run KSP2 with the same laptop I have today? ...

How about your RAM etc.? 

But only one laptop has Nvidia, and its processor is i3-8145U @2.10GHz

Just now, VoidCosmos said:

It may run at least in my opinion but while losing a lot of fps especially with large ships

That's why I am thinking... I should discard big colonization, and just do it one-by-one.

2 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

So that means we both have the same specs

What is your specs (processor and RAM to be precise)

8 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

4Gb RAM

I also have a laptop with 4GB RAM and an Intel Pentinum Processor 

Edit: My PC can take a long time to load KSP (15 minutes roughly) 

I never knew you used a Pentium. That's sad.

But what's ironic is that the internet said i3-8145U is slower than my processor (which is i3-1005G1), but KSP runs faster in the other laptop (with the 8145U!)

And I estimated the time that my KSP loads. Typically reaches 4-5 minutes, with mods.

2-3 minutes without it.

21 minutes ago, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

I never knew you used a Pentium. That's sad.

But what's ironic is that the internet said i3-8145U is slower than my processor (which is i3-1005G1), but KSP runs faster in the other laptop (with the 8145U!)

And I estimated the time that my KSP loads. Typically reaches 4-5 minutes, with mods.

2-3 minutes without it.

But yes I never use my laptop to play KSP at all

Its only my PC which has an Intel i3

56 minutes ago, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

KSP grow during development and from data strudture point it is a garbage of "let add this, and this too" - it is how games grow to its structure. I guess that now devs know what data strucutre and processing structure should include (leaving some empty entries just in case). More - They now know what is KSP engine and what could be left to be handled by UNITY (which should only be a display, type GUI because it is ment for diferent kind of game, and game such KSP does not have any engine on market, because there is no such need on the market - it is very advanced nerd kind).

Propably (if they reason that way, and I guess there are devs that engineer products that way - files looks that way) they will do a suitable data strucutre and procesing structure to do everything better again from phy point of view.

I guess it is expectation from most of player - do same thing again just technicly better. Better because now we know what it has to include (att the begining there were no idea how it would end up). And then add new features. Because this game is very good. Just it is made of chunks that were not ment on the begining.

I guess this game gonna be lighter from point of view of phy handling which is now greatest issue. It always is if You code Your own game adding this and that by years. Untill You get to the point where You have everything You like and it is simply heavy in such a strcutre so You rewrite whole structure to a new, betufull one that include all these factors in readable chunk.

There is only one issue that can screw such a aproach - marketing trying to hype features, MBA managment expectations (if 1 women give birth in 9m == 9women give birth in 1m),  investors with they heavy "we want" - this is always a problem in tech - notech people involved. So if something goes wrong do not blame devs.

Honestly, desktop with mid-range performance aren't even that much more expensive than what you paid for that laptop more than likely. (300-500 USD is what I'm thinking, a mid-range machine can be had for a little over 600 USD if you use mostly new parts.  GPU, CPU probs would need to be gotten used, but that just makes everything cheaper)

And unlike it, they'll be able to be refitted as system requirements change over time. So if you're really worried, start saving for a build.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:05 AM, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

My laptop's processor is an i3-1005G1, which they said is stronger than the other laptops that I have in here that their processors is i3-8145U and i3-10110U.

I’m worried too but who knows? In 2022 we could all just have computers in our brain or stadia ends up working.

The developers of KSP2 can't keep bending over backwards to support old and/or underpowered hardware. This is a modern game, and it's going to use modern techniques. Upgrade or get left behind.

Sure, I have an old laptop myself but I'm planning to get a new desktop by the time KSP2 comes out. If you're on a budget then it's still possible to get a decent PC, see the example posted above by @mcwaffles2003.

I have been improving my computer over this year with the same fear. So I have been working to earn money. I have replaced ram and storage and soon other parts of my computer. I would suggest working hard to get upgrades

2 hours ago, Helvica_Ring_Scientist said:

Tbh its kinda smooth

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
  • Memory: 4GB RAM
  • Graphics: DX10 (SM 4.0) 512MB VRAM
  • Storage: 3 GB HD space

You barley meet the minimum requirements for KSP1. 

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I have been improving my computer over this year with the same fear. So I have been working to earn money. I have replaced ram and storage and soon other parts of my computer. I would suggest working hard to get upgrades

Save the money and buy components when its released. There is no point in upgrading for a game 1 year in advance. 

my system is

Processor: Core i5 -5300U

Memory: 16 GB RAM - not with og computer

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Storage: Terabyte - not with og computer

So you can see I did a few tweaks this year, I need to improve a few more things.

43 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

my system is

Processor: Core i5 -5300U

Memory: 16 GB RAM - not with og computer

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500

Storage: Terabyte - not with og computeree

So you can see I did a few tweaks this year, I need to improve a few more things.

Why are you upgrading a laptop? Like seriously the CPU and GPU are what's limiting you the most, and moving to a desktop would allow you to upgrade those for the foreseeable future. The laptop is a dead end, and while the HDD/SSD could move to a new machine, your SO-DIMMs couldn't nor could much else. Just save your money dude.

2 hours ago, dave1904 said:
  • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
  • Memory: 4GB RAM
  • Graphics: DX10 (SM 4.0) 512MB VRAM
  • Storage: 3 GB HD space

I met most of them

Processor: Core i3 1005G1

Memory: 4GB RAM

Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Storage: 512 GB (SSD)

8 minutes ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Why are you upgrading a laptop?

Becuz I have to move all over the place in my life. I move my locations quite a couple times a day

8 minutes ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Like seriously the CPU and GPU are what's limiting you the most

Yeah I know, that's what is coming up next to be replaced

9 minutes ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Just save your money dude.

I did, I spent about 150 dollars on my computer on additions alone. Plus a couple more for repairing the battery

4 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Becuz I have to move all over the place in my life. I move my locations quite a couple times a day

Yeah I know, that's what is coming up next to be replaced

I did, I spent about 150 dollars on my computer on additions alone. Plus a couple more for repairing the battery

I was mostly saying that money would've been better saved than spent on that machine. If you need something portable, look into Mini-ITX. Or just keep the laptop, there's nothing stopping you from having a self-built desktop and a laptop.