Final Dawn OPEN BETA (1.9)

Caps Lock

FINAL DAWN

CC BY-NC-ND 4.0

FD_promo_pic_xd.png

Final Dawn is the second and best mod I've published so far.

The universe has met it's end, but life keeps struggling: as do the kerbals. As two of the blackest stars collided, heat was released and a system was born.
Eager to finally have a place to live again, a desert world was terraformed in the greatest mission to terraform yet. All that's left to do, is to rediscover ancient technology, and to rediscover a system forgotten.
Final Dawn, being set around a white dwarf, is very hard relative to other planet packs. Approach with caution.

Stock screenshots:

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

unknown.png

Screenshots with visual mods:

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Maps:

Spoiler

FD_delta_v_dark.png

FD_system_map.png

Download on SpaceDock:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2597/Final Dawn

Compatible mods:

Spoiler
  • EVE
  • Scatterer
  • Sigma LoadingScreens

Thanks for reading! I hope you'll have a lot of fun playing this mod

-Caps

Edited by Gjaspar
title needs better phrasing

In case anyone is curious, this seems to run fine with 1.10.1 and Kop BE. I also installed EVE and scatterer (with no other configs, ofc) and everything seemed to work fine.

I normally play larger systems with much larger sizes and distances, so I also tried Sigma Dimension and Rescale 2.5x for grins. Everything loads and runs mostly correctly. I have a feeling that Rescale doesn't have the right atmosphere scaling in the default configs, because iirc, I went into and out of atmosphere on my way up, or something funky happened that I don't fully recall. Meh, was worth a try. Someone could probably figure that out easily, but it's a little beyond me at this point. Without rescaling, the trip to orbit seemed more normal, though the atmosphere slider moves in interesting ways during the ascent.

1 hour ago, Gjaspar said:

good call. i think im going to update it to 1.0 version first, and then ill make an interstellar edition

Hopefully you can support both? I never would have even looked at this if it wasn't a replacement. Currently have zero interest in dealing with multiple stars. GPP seems to deal with this pretty well.

Thanks for working on this!

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hopefully you can support both? I never would have even looked at this if it wasn't a replacement. Currently have zero interest in dealing with multiple stars. GPP seems to deal with this pretty well.

of course i will keep supporting both: interstellar editions will always be in second place for mods i make that are originally system replacers, as i too enjoy system replacers more.

about the gpp thing, i am planning to make an expansion pack that adds the companion star to enon.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Thanks for working on this!

glad you like it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, qwertyza said:

This sadly does not work on 1.11, despite following install instructions, and having Kopernicus on 1.11 version. At least as of 19 January

It works for me on 1.11, you need to use kopernicus bleeding edge nto regular kopernicus

On 1/24/2021 at 1:59 AM, Souptime said:

In the title it says 1.9 but the download zip says 0.9, which is it? also is the interstellar version out?

the ksp version is 1.9 but the mod version is 0.9. right now i am very slowly working on another update for the mod, but most of my focus is on a different mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.