Physics wishes

fragtzack

5 hours ago, OvinandRusk said:

Aren't kerbals supposedly plants or related to mystery goo?

Ever since last video mentioning possibility of biology similar to 40k Orks, that's my head canon now.

But yeah, still need some sort of life support system. But it could be something that just runs on power and doesn't require any additional supplies.

On 12/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, fragtzack said:
  • Better heat and cold handling, Eve should require massive tech to be able to land a Kerbal there due to heat

Eve isn't really that hot of a planet, sure 137 degrees isn't the greatest thing to be in, but spacesuits are kinda built for that kind of heat.

Moho on the other hand kinda get's hot but not really. I don't think we really need heat and cold handling, but possibly there might be more extreme planets coming up that might require some gearing up.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:41 PM, fragtzack said:

Eve should require massive tech to be able to land a Kerbal there due to heat

With presure on surface? Meybe submarine?

On 12/26/2020 at 6:50 PM, OvinandRusk said:

Kerbals eats boosters.

5 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Eve isn't really that hot of a planet, sure 137 degrees isn't the greatest thing to be in, but spacesuits are kinda built for that kind of heat.

Depend od convection. Heat from radiation and convection are completly two diferent circumstances for heatexchange.

You have to move heat away by some mean, and in case of such envirmoment it is hard to pump it away in any reasonable pace that You can carry on in spacesuit that is not vehicle (let say kind of exoskeleton).

If You are more intrested take a look at vacum "owen" for solderin using coper/nickel, compare it with nitrogen "owen" for soldering aluminium and take closer look of heat distribution in hex (heat exchanger) and heat pump work cycle, its energy consumption and working conditions.

Diferent spacesuit for diferent envirmoment? It could be nice - one for microG vacum (with rcs at least for evac), one for travel inside vessel, one for every celestial body and even for its biome (on Earth we have diferent clothes for polar and equatorial conditions). In this case missions would be designed with consideration of these conditions - nothing that player can handle. Exploring planet to establish parameters for such a spacesuit could also be a chelenge. We have lot of complexity to play with without looking for other starsystems.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Rask n Rusk. Literally half molten. Atmosphereless, but I wouldn't want to get too close to a lava lake without proper equipment

Guys with lightsaber do not have such a problems with lava^^

22 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Moho on the other hand kinda get's hot but not really. I don't think we really need heat and cold handling, but possibly there might be more extreme planets coming up that might require some gearing up.

Some planets will be covered in molten lava, but planets aside we will be dealing with large nuclear reactors and engines which give off insane amounts of heat. Managing heat will be much more in the forefront this game I believe and will require robust mechanics to go along with that. 

On 12/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, OvinandRusk said:

My theory is they're tardigrates, and can survive basically anything when in hibernation

On 12/28/2020 at 8:27 AM, vv3k70r said:

Guys with lightsaber do not have such a problems with lava^^

Except then they don't get the high ground