Why is my spaceplane bouncing and drifting off the runway?

I'm having a weird issue in v1.10.1 where my SSTO is constantly bouncing up and down on the runway upon loading, and refuses to stop for minutes, if ever. If I try to take off, even if the bouncing seems to have stopped, it starts to drift off the runway within seconds, and I inevitably over-correct resulting in a crash.

kNFIEhL.png

You can see how the game registers a speed of 0.1 or 0.2m/s, which is entirely due to the bouncing.

I've flown this design to orbit and back several times, so I know it isn't a design issue (although my other, smaller SSTO seems to be unaffected). No idea what the problem is, it just started happening last night and I haven't been able to launch one since.

1 hour ago, Mitchz95 said:

I'm having a weird issue in v1.10.1 where my SSTO is constantly bouncing up and down on the runway upon loading, and refuses to stop for minutes, if ever. If I try to take off, even if the bouncing seems to have stopped, it starts to drift off the runway within seconds, and I inevitably over-correct resulting in a crash.

kNFIEhL.png

You can see how the game registers a speed of 0.1 or 0.2m/s, which is entirely due to the bouncing.

I've flown this design to orbit and back several times, so I know it isn't a design issue (although my other, smaller SSTO seems to be unaffected). No idea what the problem is, it just started happening last night and I haven't been able to launch one since.

Could be overloaded for the landing gear.  Try either putting in larger or doubling them up

34 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Could be overloaded for the landing gear.  Try either putting in larger or doubling them up

Bigger gear seems to have alleviated the problem, thanks! It still wobbles a bit, but I can correct for that enough to get off the ground safely.

Weird, though... I've been doing just fine with the smaller gear until last night, even with payloads in the cargo bay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.