[1.12.3] - TechTree Kompacted [1.6] - The RP-1 Edition

Cruesoe

Tech Tree Kompacted

Yes this is another Tech Tree mod.  However unlike others this only redraws the layout of the tree.
The overall structure is unchanged, the parts are not moved, tech tree layout only.

This mod shrinks the Stock or Community Tech Tree so that it fits on a single screen and the entire tree is shown when clicking on R&D.
The aim is to reduce unnecessary scrolling and give you an overview of the entire tree.

I prefer this overview look and maybe you will too.

I would appreciate feedback on, and perhaps some screen shots, of how this looks on your screen.

I honestly have no idea how this would work with Hide Tech Tree Nodes.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UJzbw8t

Download:

TechTree Kompacted on SPACEDOCK

Dependencies:
Module Manager

Compatible With:

Conflicts with:
SIMPLEX/TETRIX Tech Tree
Kiwi Tech Tree

and any other Tech Tree Mods that change the layout of the tree.

Thanks to all that make Tech Tree mods, I appreciate the effort that goes into balancing all those parts!  Thanks to @Nertea for the Community Tech Tree @theJesuitfor SIMPLEX that first got me  into the notion of personal tweaks in Module Manager and opening my eyes to what could be done with the Tech Tree, and @hemeac for his particularly good Kiwi Tech Tree

Licence
This work is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 license.

Change Log:

• 1.6 - Added RP1 Support
  • 1.5 - Better Early tree and Hide Empty Nodes support, various tidy up to other layouts
  • 1.4 - UKS and PBC support, Header and Footers
  • 1.3 - Modular Launch Pads Support Added
  • 1.2 - Stock Tech Tree Support Added
  • 1.1 - Bug fixes
  • 1.0 - Initial Release

Edited by Cruesoe

Updated to 1.2.

This will now work with the Stock Tree as well.  Both CTT and Stock have been shrunk to fit on a single screen.

Now I have included stock I dropped "Community" from the name, its now just Tech Tree Kompacted.

(also I'd like to know if i can move this post to Addon Releases please!)

Edited by Cruesoe

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Thanks for this!

Small nit. Not even sure if you intended to catch these.

Hide contents

That's ModularLaunchPads on the left.

EkOTjpf.png

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at this and get a patch out to fix it.

I noticed you appear to have CTT but are missing some nodes, are you using Hide Tech Tree nodes? 

1 minute ago, Cruesoe said:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at this and get a patch out to fix it.

I noticed you appear to have CTT but are missing some nodes, are you using Hide Tech Tree nodes? 

I am, yes. I couldn't tell you what options I have selected for it off the top of my head but if that's useful info, I can get that for you.

21 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

Updated to 1.3

Support added for Modular Launch Pads nodes.  Thanks to @OrbitalManeuvers for the request.

Unsure of what I need to do to get this on CKAN @linuxgurugamer tips please?

Go and ask on the CKAN forum post.  They are quite quick at responding.

21 minutes ago, Cruesoe said:

Updated to 1.3

Support added for Modular Launch Pads nodes.  Thanks to @OrbitalManeuvers for the request.

Unsure of what I need to do to get this on CKAN @linuxgurugamer tips please?

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

1 hour ago, Cruesoe said:

Reading into it further I think I've done everything I should.

I just got to wait!

@theJesuitwas right, the SD→CKAN web hook sometimes randomly fails, and that happened in this case, so we didn't know about this mod yet. By sheer chance I accidentally clicked "Next unread topic" on the forum after posting a comment and saw this. Should be indexed now.

33 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

@theJesuitwas right, the SD→CKAN web hook sometimes randomly fails, and that happened in this case, so we didn't know about this mod yet. By sheer chance I accidentally clicked "Next unread topic" on the forum after posting a comment and saw this. Should be indexed now.

Thank you very much I appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.4

This has been updated to 1.4 and UnKerballed Start and Probes Before Crew are now supported.

I was generously allowed to use the upcoming Kiwi Tech Tree mod's fonts for some header and footer tier titles.  I think it helps the layout immensely.  All credit to @hemeac, thank you.

File structure has changed so please delete any previous version before installing this one.

Change Log:

• Unkerballed Start support added.
  • PBC support confirmed
  • Header and Footer Tier numbers added to all trees
  • Behind the scenes tidying up
Edited by Cruesoe

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Updated to 1.6

New support added:

Download:

Tech Tree Kompacted

Comments:

Having recently got into RSS/RP1 myself, I once again was frustrated at being unable to see the entire tree at once.  I have shrunk and squished the tree to  just fit on a single screen.  I have removed some of the parent lines on the tree just to make everything easier to see.  The parent connections to the Era nodes still exist but lines aren't drawn.  Most nodes are in a vertical line with the Era nodes required to unlock them. so it should be clear even without the lines.

I am brand new to RP1 so any feedback is appreciated as I am still using this now in my own playthrough.

** No parts have changed, no costs have changed, layout only! **

BNaHg9x.jpg

Edited by Cruesoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.