WE NEED MOAR LAUNCH ESCAPE SYSTEMS! Pls add more lauch escape systems for ksp 2

Sky Kerman

I was thinking more escape systems for other command pods. Like a Mk1 escape system that would be cool. Do it for the kerbals, do it for me, but mostly DO IT FOR JEB!

2 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

I was thinking more escape systems for other command pods. Like a Mk1 escape system that would be cool. Do it for the kerbals, do it for me, but mostly DO IT FOR JEB!

Parachutes can rip if you don't put them on!

3 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

3 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

Only problem is that they are mostly for show unless you use a part failures mod.

Just like how a drain plug part (empty tanks on-demand) does wonders for utility, imagine how useful a self-destruct part would be?

• Range Safety
  • Automatic Rotor-blade seperators for ejecting helicopters
  • Proximity Fuses
  • Scooty-Puff Orion Drive Jr.
  • the possibilities are endless!

6 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

OHH u mean like the GENESIS command pod? or in ksp known as the mk 2 cockpit.

Maybe you mean Gemini? The one that used a 100% oxygen atmosphere inside it so if they had ever needed to eject from it, the two astronauts would have been instantly incinerated?

I don’t expect more LES in KSP2, mostly because the focus is much more on building colonies and then ships in space, rather than launching from the surface of Kerbin where an LES might actually be useful. KSP doesn’t really need a launch escape anyway as unless you’re using SRBs you can just turn the engines off and decouple without having to worry about fuel tanks breaking up and exploding etc. which is the main reason for using LES on real rockets.

On 12/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Maybe you mean Gemini? The one that used a 100% oxygen atmosphere inside it so if they had ever needed to eject from it, the two astronauts would have been instantly incinerated?

I don’t expect more LES in KSP2, mostly because the focus is much more on building colonies and then ships in space, rather than launching from the surface of Kerbin where an LES might actually be useful. KSP doesn’t really need a launch escape anyway as unless you’re using SRBs you can just turn the engines off and decouple without having to worry about fuel tanks breaking up and exploding etc. which is the main reason for using LES on real rockets.

ye that is meant.

I don't think more dedicated LESs are needed.   Ejector seats would be a nice option for some capsule/cabin styles though.

Better to just include the bits so you can make your own LES to fit your particular needs.

Decouplers and seppatrons work fine, and slightly larger SRBs are always an option for extra 'welly' if you need it.