Deployable Experiments - Not getting the little white arrow to deploy in linux.

I can't figure out how to deploy the science experiments, I'm running the Linux 1.11.0 version with both expansions, have two mods installed: Kerbal Alarm Clock and [x] Science.

if I hover over the item in the kerbals inventory, I don't get the little white deploy arrow.

https://imgur.com/a/ZRPy10bVi8lpto.png

I'm running Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon.

Edited by se5a

Tried again on Minmus, it's getting stranger, this time I had both the scientist and the engineer, both with eva repair kits on hand.

Initialy the Engineer could place and pick up the items on the ground, but they're not deployed.

Scientist couldn't even place the items on the ground, he just got the drag drop tile showing when the cursor with the item was hovering over the ground. 

I then alt tabbed to start writing this, alt tabbed back again and suddenly the little white deployble icon was showing for the scientist with the control station in his inventory, I deployed it, but can now no longer pick the other items up off the ground even with the engineer.

this feels very buggy and janky.

You need to exit Construction Mode first, most likely.

Surface-deployable equipment predates the development of Construction Mode, and has its own mechanic, via the little white deploy arrow you mention. I've not tried it myself, but it is entirely possible that having Construction Mode active interferes with it.

As for the items you can no longer pick up now - perhaps you dropped them out of your inventory instead of deploying them. In that case, you can try picking them back up again in Construction Mode, or dragging them into a nearby storage unit.

Edited by Streetwind

ok that seems... I mean, the difference in ui between construction mode and cargo mode is almost nill, other than that one is docked... I mean, is there any reason for it not to work in construction mode?

*sigh* why do I keep getting addicted to games with poor ux.

still can't seem to pick up the non deployed items that were dropped though, they highlight green when I cursor over them, I click, but nothing happens.  I can't seem to pick them up.

tried construction mode and non construction mode, with and without tools. idk.

On 12/31/2020 at 4:11 AM, se5a said:

still can't seem to pick up the non deployed items that were dropped though, they highlight green when I cursor over them, I click, but nothing happens.  I can't seem to pick them up.

tried construction mode and non construction mode, with and without tools. idk.

Had the same. Its pretty buggy at the moment. It would take editing of the save file to fix the items. 

Edited by Foxster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.