Hi there!

Spaceman.Spiff

Hello and Happy New Year!

I for one am glad that 2020 is over, and I'm looking forward to a better 2021. 

I started playing KSP in April, and it's been a time-sucking blast! (Well, the time hasn't sucked, but there has been a lot of it!) I've done a few Interplanetary adventures, but I've also been very happy to relax in LKO and learn about SSTOs, mods, and space stations! I recently got the BG expansion and so far it's been fun to have some robotic arms to grab stuff with, and I also love the fresh outfits. Let me know what I should do with it. 

Thanks for having me on the forums and I look forward to getting to know the place!

:D:D:D

Welcome to our forum. We only have a couple of things - familiarize yourself with the guidelines AND you must share screenshots of your craft regardless of how you think it looks!

Okay, so sharing screen shots isn't required, but it sure is fun seeing what others do in this game. :)

42 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Welcome to our forum. We only have a couple of things - familiarize yourself with the guidelines AND you must share screenshots of your craft regardless of how you think it looks!

Okay, so sharing screen shots isn't required, but it sure is fun seeing what others do in this game. :)

Alright, thanks for the tips!   :cool:

I'm away from my PC but I'll probably have screenshots up somewhere bt the end of the day. 

44 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Alright, thanks for the tips!   :cool:

I'm away from my PC but I'll probably have screenshots up somewhere bt the end of the day. 

Take your time! But if you need help, we have a pretty helpful bunch of people. Don't hesitate to look into support threads, ask questions, etc. But most of all, make new friends who love this game as much as you do. :) 

32 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

@adsii1970 Is there a guide on how to upload pictures to the Forums? I saw on the "How to use the Forums" page, it says to use imgur. I'm not really sure how that works.

Sure...

Imgur is perhaps the most easiest of the image hosting sites to use. You do not have to use it and are welcome to use any photo hosting site. Once you've uploaded your photo to one of the hosting sites, you simply right click and select "copy image location" from the right mouse button window. Then paste it into the forum text editor box. As long as the file extension is a PNG, BMP, JPG, or GIF, the image will appear.

I use Imgur... maybe it's time I work on the tutorial... :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone! This is such a great community. (couldn't find the gif:D)

12 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Sure...

Imgur is perhaps the most easiest of the image hosting sites to use. You do not have to use it and are welcome to use any photo hosting site. Once you've uploaded your photo to one of the hosting sites, you simply right click and select "copy image location" from the right mouse button window. Then paste it into the forum text editor box. As long as the file extension is a PNG, BMP, JPG, or GIF, the image will appear.

I think google photos might work. I'll try it later. A tutorial on imgur would be quite helpful though! (Especially if it's easier)

7 hours ago, Chequers said:

Welcome home! Let me know your review of BG - I've not gotten the expansions yet, so I'd be keen to hear your thoughts.

So far it's really fun! I tried to build a helicopter, but they are reeeeeallllly tough. Having the robot arms on space stations is cool and a bit of "realism". The deployable science is cool, but I haven't used the new inventory parts yet as I'm still on 1.10.1.  (mods, ya know?) Hopefully I'm going to do my first Laythe landing Soon™. I'll deploy some science then as well. 

Edit: And I'll wear my fancy new space suits:cool:

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff
Space Suits!

On 1/1/2021 at 1:02 PM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Thanks for having me on the forums and I look forward to getting to know the place!

Wait... weren't you on Transport Tycoon forums at some point in the past ?

On 1/2/2021 at 9:31 AM, adsii1970 said:

Dropbox (by the dropboxusercontent edit) works as well, I've often stashed things on Discord too XD Not sure about Google Drive (or google photos).

Edited by YNM

1 hour ago, YNM said:

Wait... weren't you on Transport Tycoon forums at some point in the past ?

I was not.... must have been another Calvin and Hobbes fan. I tried using google photos over the weekend, after I took a bunch of screenshots, but it didn't work. 

1 hour ago, YNM said:

Dropbox (by the dropboxusercontent edit) works as well, I've often stashed things on Discord too XD Not sure about Google Drive (or google photos)

I tried google photos; it didn't work. I liked the shots I took though, so i'll probably try dropbox or discord this afternoon.

50 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I was not.... must have been another Calvin and Hobbes fan.

Alright XD Yeah they were a moderator over the other forum ages ago, so I was wondering if you were someone that I should've heard the name of somewhere else.

• 5 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 9:49 AM, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I tried google photos; it didn't work. I liked the shots I took though, so i'll probably try dropbox or discord this afternoon.

I know I am pretty late and you have probably already figured it out, but Cubeupload works very well for me.

3 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I know I am pretty late and you have probably already figured it out, but Cubeupload works very well for me.

Thank you. I have since figured out Imgur :D

also holy moly this was five months ago

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff