Kerbal Helmet Physics Break Ladders and Flags

The new helmet physics appear to have broken kerbals ability to climb EVA-attached ladders or plant flags on EVA.

With EVA-attached ladders (i.e. the new feature in 1.11), kerbals can't transition from one ladder segment to another. I tried viewing the ladder segments from every angle to make sure they are as perfectly aligned as I could manage, but kerbals will not make the transition. A minor but related issue is 'W' will fail to move my kerbal up the extending ladder sometimes, requiring me to exit and enter the ladder again.

Regarding flags it's simple: when I plant them they clip my kerbals' helmets and fall over. Orientation doesn't matter, planet/moon doesn't matter, the flag falls over.

Versions
Core: 1.11.0.3045
Making History: 1.11.0
Breaking Ground: 1.6.0

I didn't see anyone asking about this online, so maybe this issue is unique to me. I verified the issue with a new unmodded save on Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus.

ElFvacp.png

tcqMAFG.png

I just saw the bug tracker had been updated with many more items for 1.11. That's my fault for not remembering the bug tracker exists.

I think the ladder issue comes from this line in the change notes:

Kerbals stop climbing on reaching the end of a ladder. A new toggleable game setting Check ladders end enables/disables the behavior.

Apparently kerbals are treating the end of a multi-part ladder segment as the end of the ladder. The simple workaround is to uncheck that new setting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.