(Reboot again) Quest for Hypersonic challenge

5 minutes ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

Maybe its time to move on to a new class?

Maybe.

I am trying to see if after a full orbit I can get it on the down swing, but no luck yet.

19 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Maybe.

I am trying to see if after a full orbit I can get it on the down swing, but no luck yet.

I was going up to minmus orbit and plunging down. I thought that was the best way to take advantage of Kerbin's gravity well. Maybe a orbit might be better?

13 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

I was going up to minmus orbit and plunging down. I thought that was the best way to take advantage of Kerbin's gravity well. Maybe a orbit might be better?

Don't know yet, I have been finalising Working Underwater Lite, which is now ready for upload once Spacedock get back to me for registration. As soon as that is taken care of I will try again,. In theory because you are not leaving Kerbin's influence and travelling in a parallel loop it might register better?

5 hours ago, Pastapower said:

And can you use the insane thrust Kal controller cheat?

No cheats

5 hours ago, Pastapower said:

Are you allowed to eject? I am planning on sacrificing the aircraft to save the kerbal 

I'm guessing you will be doing the hermes? If so, you need to be able to go that speed with the aircraft and have the ability to land (it doesn't have to though)

14 hours ago, Kerminator K-100 said:

No cheats

I'm guessing you will be doing the hermes? If so, you need to be able to go that speed with the aircraft and have the ability to land (it doesn't have to though)

I will do the Hermes and try to land it today ;p

7 hours ago, camacju said:

They were talking about engine overclocking using KAL, which is a glitch but not a cheat

I've seen Danny2462's videos on it and would count that as a cheat (although yes it is a glitch)

8 hours ago, Pastapower said:

I will do the Hermes and try to land it today ;p

good luck!

2 hours ago, Pastapower said:

I ended up doing a wave rider and got over 5000 metres per second! Below are some screenshots of the craft and it's speed

Sorry, but were you able to get 5000 m/s under 50km? I don't see any proof of that and its an important part of this challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 3:19 AM, Max von Kerman said:

I just did it!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Congrats!

I'll let you get by with this one, but the navball needs to be in surface mode, otherwise it adds Kerbin's rotational velocity. Another good way to add proof is to use F3 and get the stats.

Edited by Kerminator K-100

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.