[WIP] Asbury Western Stars Industries - Stockalike Kistler K-1

EStreetRockets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm having a bit of an issue with the engines. Whenever I activate them and throttle them up, they start to pulse their thrust very rapidly form 0 kN to max thrust. This applies to all of the engines. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, ninthninja05 said:

Hi. I'm having a bit of an issue with the engines. Whenever I activate them and throttle them up, they start to pulse their thrust very rapidly form 0 kN to max thrust. This applies to all of the engines. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Do you by chance have Persistent Thrust installed?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, ninthninja05 said:

Yup. I uninstalled it and it worked. Thanks!

If you want to reinstall it, I found that the bug triggers if you deactivate options on the engines. For example, if you create a new game with the default settings and with "Maximize power" (Meaning, all options check) all engines behave normally except for a little stutter when staging

• 2 months later...

Just installed this and your other mods, and I'm loving everything so far! I'm surprised people don't seem to talk about your stuff as much as Tantares or BDB (may just be me), especially since these mods were meant to be used alongside them.

Now I just need to work on my load times as I rapidly approach 150 mods in my collection.  I'm scared...

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 7:46 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

The ramrod sat dispenser (and its engine and decoupler) ... *chef's kiss*  These parts are incredibly useful (re-useful?) in KSP. 

That's great to hear. You should post some screenshots of what you make in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, EStreetRockets said:

none at all...this is the kitbashing I love to see!

Wow, thanks!
Worked on it a little bit more. Added parachutes, inflatable floats, Falcon 9 style grid fins, a longer fuel tank, and landing legs. Tested it out and it can be reused, at least by KSP standards.
dfh7tbx-336aef44-fdfd-495f-af35-547e5ddf
dfh7tf0-23548904-1d07-4766-a2b1-f48c240e
dfh7tf7-30315696-c857-4e43-b847-2f69772a
Sadly it didn't land quite the way I wanted it to, but for KSP purposes it's intact, which is good enough for now (for me anyway).

Stay tuned. I might add other spacecraft on it. Methinks Dragon II would look good on top...

dfhaycm-121e0e6f-97bf-4370-bc82-878fa1a3
Well, you wanted kitbashes, you're getting kitbashes. More importantly, I channeled my Florida man side to make this.

but for real I wanted to see what the orbital vehicle would look like on top of a Saturn V-B style stage (yes, it's THAT member of the Saturn V family, the one with the stage-and-a-half design).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.