Unable to Save Game in 1.11

9 hours ago, maddog59 said:

Ah, that may very well be the difference ... for my missions, the Mk1-3 is part of the lander module. I will have to try doing something like what you've described in the sandbox. And I think it has a higher or equal priority to the transfer vehicle it docks with before and after.  

Not sure if this is relevant, but I've re-used the same ship for several trips, docking it with several stations in orbits around Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus, and switching between vessels from a variety of distances.   

I'm not sophisticated enough (yet) to know to check for the NRE's you mentioned. Where do I find those?

<later>

I've been unable to reproduce the problem. I created a lander with a Mk1 Lander Can, connected with a Standard Docking Port (not Jr or Sr) to a Mk1-3 vehicle. Both ships were made with identical components (engines, tanks, RCS, guidance units, landing struts, batteries, and solar panels); the only difference was the Mk1-3 vs. the Lander can. I then cheated them into Mun orbit (~15k), undocked them, and moved them to 4 km apart. Saved the game, then took turns docking them with one or the other being the vehicle I was controlling primarily (though I did switch back and forth to make sure they stayed aligned). Then I landed the Lander, then returned it to the orbiting Mk1-3 and re-docked them. At no time did the problem appear.

I'm not sure why I'm not able to reproduce it. The only thing I can think of, based on my own experience, is to ask if you're using the most latest version of MJ2? I ask because immediately after 1.11 was released I had the same problem as you've described, but with am Mk1 command pod. I eventually chalked it up to the version of MJ2, which had not yet been updated, and it only appeared after I used it. I stopped using MJ2 until a new version was released, and have been using it extensively for the more routine tasks, and not had the problem appear.  

I have never used MechJeb.  In fact, even though I initially posted this in the modded section, I have been able to reproduce the issue with no mods installed as well.  My typical mod setup is very light, with just KER, [x] Science, and Kerbal Alarm Clock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.