Game crashes whenever i try to resume a flight

The game gets stuck in loading when ever im trying to resume a flight, if i press any key , it crashes,  it is really anoyng since im using many mods that improve science and i need to operate on my satellites even after they have completed their mission.

my game version is 1.8.1

This is the log

Edited by GutwPC

Please don’t post logs like that, it can be hard to read and sometimes messes up touchscreen displays e.g. phones or tablets. Instead, put the log files on a file sharing site then include a link to those files in your forum posts; see this link for more information: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

From what I can see in that log snippet, you’re getting null reference exceptions caused by Space Dust, which I think is one of Nertea’s newer mods- check in that mod’s forum thread to see if someone else has the same issue, and indeed if that mod is intended for use in 1.8.1 and if so, if you have the correct version. 

Can you post a full mod list? I’m seeing errors about RSS textures which shouldn’t appear if you’re not using that, plus a few other odd warnings.

Try removing Space Dust and see if the game starts working again, but remember you’ll need to remove any mods which list Space Dust as a dependency as well or they’ll probably start failing instead.

16 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Please don’t post logs like that, it can be hard to read and sometimes messes up touchscreen displays e.g. phones or tablets. Instead, put the log files on a file sharing site then include a link to those files in your forum posts; see this link for more information: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

From what I can see in that log snippet, you’re getting null reference exceptions caused by Space Dust, which I think is one of Nertea’s newer mods- check in that mod’s forum thread to see if someone else has the same issue, and indeed if that mod is intended for use in 1.8.1 and if so, if you have the correct version. 

Can you post a full mod list? I’m seeing errors about RSS textures which shouldn’t appear if you’re not using that, plus a few other odd warnings.

Try removing Space Dust and see if the game starts working again, but remember you’ll need to remove any mods which list Space Dust as a dependency as well or they’ll probably start failing instead.

i tried removing spacedust but that didn't work. 

I don't have rss, ill pos a modlist here.

https://we.tl/t-paBgzUJmbE

log:https://we.tl/t-5PIwHZ0lEi

Edited by GutwPC
'

That log still has Space Dust in it, but there are a lot of other exceptions in there too related to Tantares parachutes among other things, are you sure you have the right versions of all those mods for KSP 1.8.1?

With so many mods in there it’s probably best to create a new, unmodded copy of KSP 1.8.1 and then install your mods on that- if you’re using CKAN (and I think you are judging by that mod list) and don’t have a data limit on your internet connection, clear the CKAN cache and download everything fresh to make sure they’re all OK. You can save the mod pack using CKAN and then use it to install the same mods on a different KSP instance, don’t clone the modded instance as if anything is corrupted that could get copied too.

I think you should look at your mod list and try to remove anything you don’t absolutely need to have, quite a few of those mods are geared towards larger scale systems or realism overhaul and will be overpowered for the stock system.

Out of interest, why are you using 1.8.1 when you could be using 1.9 or even 1.10?

On 1/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

That log still has Space Dust in it, but there are a lot of other exceptions in there too related to Tantares parachutes among other things, are you sure you have the right versions of all those mods for KSP 1.8.1?

With so many mods in there it’s probably best to create a new, unmodded copy of KSP 1.8.1 and then install your mods on that- if you’re using CKAN (and I think you are judging by that mod list) and don’t have a data limit on your internet connection, clear the CKAN cache and download everything fresh to make sure they’re all OK. You can save the mod pack using CKAN and then use it to install the same mods on a different KSP instance, don’t clone the modded instance as if anything is corrupted that could get copied too.

I think you should look at your mod list and try to remove anything you don’t absolutely need to have, quite a few of those mods are geared towards larger scale systems or realism overhaul and will be overpowered for the stock system.

Out of interest, why are you using 1.8.1 when you could be using 1.9 or even 1.10?

yes, i'm using ckan.

i'm on 1.8.1 because idk if many of the mods i really like are avaible on newer versions and idk how to check if they are.

The mods related to ro and stuff like that are there because i recently finished playng in a RP1 career, also im planning on installing jnsq so i might keep them.

2 hours ago, GutwPC said:

The mods related to ro and stuff like that are there because i recently finished playng in a RP1 career, also im planning on installing jnsq so i might keep them.

This is not the way to do it! Unless you’re really short of hard drive space, make a new copy of KSP (use CKAN to clone an existing one then remove the mods, or keep unmodded copies of different versions of KSP to copy and mod when you want) and keep your mods separate from each other.

You can tell what mods are compatible by looking at their version information in CKAN- click a mod, then look at the ‘versions’ tab on the right; each version will list the KSP versions it works with. As a (very general) rule, any parts that work in 1.8 should be OK in 1.9 and many mods have updated versions all the way to 1.11, plus CKAN can be told to accept mods for specific versions of KSP to allow a bit of backwards compatibility if a mod hasn’t been updated.

You won’t need real fuels etc. for JNSQ as stock parts (and most mods that are balanced against stock e.g. BDB/Tantares/Near Future) are already balanced in a 2.5-2.7x rescale (stock parts are overpowered in the stock system).

36 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

This is not the way to do it! Unless you’re really short of hard drive space, make a new copy of KSP (use CKAN to clone an existing one then remove the mods, or keep unmodded copies of different versions of KSP to copy and mod when you want) and keep your mods separate from each other.

You can tell what mods are compatible by looking at their version information in CKAN- click a mod, then look at the ‘versions’ tab on the right; each version will list the KSP versions it works with. As a (very general) rule, any parts that work in 1.8 should be OK in 1.9 and many mods have updated versions all the way to 1.11, plus CKAN can be told to accept mods for specific versions of KSP to allow a bit of backwards compatibility if a mod hasn’t been updated.

You won’t need real fuels etc. for JNSQ as stock parts (and most mods that are balanced against stock e.g. BDB/Tantares/Near Future) are already balanced in a 2.5-2.7x rescale (stock parts are overpowered in the stock system).

i'm 100% sure that all the mods are compatible with ksp 1.8.1 , thats because the only compatible version set (from ckan settings) is 1.8.1 and i only install mods from the "compatible" section, also i can't find any mod that does the same things that realfuels does wich is allowing you to modify the fuel in any fuel tank.

the only thing that i did to start a new career was just deleting all ro and rp1 related mods, i didn't change the game version.

also, apparently saving the game without overwrithing the saves allowed me to load the saves again without getting stuck into the loading screen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.