[1.12.*] MOAR [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist

linuxgurugamer

41 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please dont do that, it messes up browsers.

However, you have multiple problems, starting of with the wrong version of the mod, not having ZeroMiniAvc installed.

Read the OP, install the dependencies and try again

Thanks.  I appreciate the help.  I found this thread when looking for help, so I did not read through all of it.  Wasn't aware newer versions were not on CKAN.  Downloaded the latest version from Github and added the dependency.  Seems to be loading fine now.  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, djr5899 said:

Posted the output in the spoiler section below:

[removed by moderators]

Large texts like that can cause page loading problems, so we ask our members to host the actual files elsewhere and link to them here. You're not in trouble, but we've removed the file so that it doesn't cause problems for others. 

On 3/23/2021 at 6:10 PM, djr5899 said:

Thanks.  I appreciate the help.  I found this thread when looking for help, so I did not read through all of it.  Wasn't aware newer versions were not on CKAN.  Downloaded the latest version from Github and added the dependency.  Seems to be loading fine now.  Thanks again.

Actually, my version IS on CKAN.  You just need to set the compatibility level

Edit:  My error, this has not yet been released

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

Large texts like that can cause page loading problems, so we ask our members to host the actual files elsewhere and link to them here. You're not in trouble, but we've removed the file so that it doesn't cause problems for others. 

Thank you.  Never did it before, so now I know for next time.

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry to bother but what compatibility level? I have "compatible game versions" set to 1.7 to 1.11. I only see the old  [x]science! version 5.26.

On 3/23/2021 at 10:46 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmm, your OP says otherwise:

On 1/3/2021 at 5:39 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

NOT AVAILABLE IN CKAN, this is a beta

(The OP seems to be correct.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 11:26 PM, Tacombel said:

What flart said And you will have an [x] icon on your toolbar. Left click to explore available science. Rightclick for the Science Here and Now helper.

I do not see the [x] toolbar on my KSP screen. I do have the folders as recommended but nothing inside the actual game as can be seen in the various images

https://imgur.com/gallery/ohzIEwq

i know I am an idiot but what am I not setting to see the great science mod?

LGG has not targeted 1.11 so far. Title says "[1.10.*] [KSP 1.9.0] " But still it's strange. It looks like you have the dependencies.  I don't know if I can help but post a KSP.log file maybe someone can.

Does the old [x] Science on CKAN work for you? I'm using that old one with 1.11. It has a some issues but it works. Careful to not get the 2 folders mixed up if you try this.

9 hours ago, IanCanberra said:

I do not see the [x] toolbar on my KSP screen. I do have the folders as recommended but nothing inside the actual game as can be seen in the various images

Log file or no real support is possible.  Player.log is preferred

On 4/10/2021 at 7:08 AM, IanCanberra said:

I came here to post that I have the same problem.

While looking up what I need to post to ask support (logs, etc) I discovered that I missed installing a dependency (wasn't needed by x_Science before @linuxgurugamer took over the mod). I installed SpaceTuxLibrary and now x_Science works.

You seem to have it installed though.

11 minutes ago, TanoPrime said:

I came here to post that I have the same problem.

While looking up what I need to post to ask support (logs, etc) I discovered that I missed installing a dependency (wasn't needed by x_Science before @linuxgurugamer took over the mod). I installed SpaceTuxLibrary and now x_Science works.

You seem to have it installed though.

I didn't see the DLL for X-Science in his logs

@IanCanberra hasn't responded since I last responded to him with this information

1 hour ago, IanCanberra said:

Sorry was busy with things at home. The [x] Science was installed via CKAN. I have removed it and am testing again. Still no Science option I can see.

Player log and screen shot aer in the drop box https://www.dropbox.com/sh/phc2l76cji4me6v/AACQgikGAYLuCtA1FyyB9kg3a?dl=0

Well, that's your problem.

This is a beta, not in CKAN, as stated in the OP:

Availability

NOT AVAILABLE IN CKAN, this is a beta

Uninstall it, download the file from the download link and copy the [x]_Science directory from the zip into your GameData, and be sure that the dependencies are installed:

Dependencies

Edited by linuxgurugamer

The Desert Airfield, Desert Launch Site, and Woomerang Launch Site experiments don't show when the experiments are filtered by where you are/available now. I suspect this is because all the experiments claim the parent biome is (Shores). The Desert sites' experiments should have (Desert) as the parent biome and the Woomerang Launch Site experiments should have (Grasslands).

The experiments DO report completion status correctly in the [x]Science window, but just don't filter correctly.

Edited by Hyperspeed1313
Realized I misreported the problem.

OK have removed the previous [x] science folder and as you can see I only have the [x]_Science! folder plus the other dependencies and they are the latest version as far as I am aware.

But after a restart of the system and then starting KSP I am still not seeing any toolbar for [x] science. Images are in the dropbox location.

I can see the Toolbar Button visibility but I am not seeing any [x] science toolbar. Have attached latest player log file to the dropbox as well

6 hours ago, IanCanberra said:

OK have removed the previous [x] science folder and as you can see I only have the [x]_Science! folder plus the other dependencies and they are the latest version as far as I am aware.

But after a restart of the system and then starting KSP I am still not seeing any toolbar for [x] science. Images are in the dropbox location.

I can see the Toolbar Button visibility but I am not seeing any [x] science toolbar. Have attached latest player log file to the dropbox as well

Just an FYI, It’s helpful to put the link in the post where you use it.  Having to go back and find the previous post to get a link, and then hoping it’s the right link, is not too conducive to my ability to help. It’s just more work for me.

‘I’ll try to get to this tomorrow, no computer right now.

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just an FYI, It’s helpful to put the link in the post where you use it.  Having to go back and find the previous post to get a link, and then hoping it’s the right link, is not too conducive to my ability to help. It’s just more work for me.

‘I’ll try to get to this tomorrow, no computer right now.

For some reason, ZeroMiniAVCis not deleting one MiniAVC.dll file.  It's trying to, but since it's still there, your system is not allowing it to be removed for some reason.

You can find it here:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_Toolbar\MiniAVC.dll

On 4/18/2021 at 2:48 AM, IanCanberra said:

First sorry about not having the link in each time.

Found it. It was called MiniAVC.dll.pruned. Deleted it

The toolbar Button Visibility shows a lot more buttons but there are none for science reports of any type showing.

screen shot and player logs located in dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/phc2l76cji4me6v/AACQgikGAYLuCtA1FyyB9kg3a?dl=0

Looks like you downloaded the source file instead of the release

35 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks like you downloaded the source file instead of the release

Umm. Yeah. I'm blaming github ... somehow. Thanks.

BTW it still doesn't play the bubbles sound. I'm not sure if you saw that I mentioned it before. There's no issue in github and I really don't see how to add one. Are you using that to track?

7 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Umm. Yeah. I'm blaming github ... somehow. Thanks.

BTW it still doesn't play the bubbles sound. I'm not sure if you saw that I mentioned it before. There's no issue in github and I really don't see how to add one. Are you using that to track?

So is it working other than that?

If so, another log file, please

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.