[1.12.*] MOAR [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, Xilexio said:

The mod is detecting that I do not have experiments completed at "Kerbin's LaunchpadFX (Shores)". This does not seem to be related to "Kerbin's LaunchPad (Shores)" in KSC. I have a lot of mods installed, although the only ones I would suspect of ability to add anything are KK and Kopernikus with Galaxies Unbound. Any idea what might be the issue?

I do not see "LaunchpadFX" anywhere in Player.log, but here are the logs:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d7l21kqiix8oim/Player-XScience.log?dl=0

By the way, in previous version it was also detecting "Kerbin's ROC", although it disappeared.

Probably related to KK and Galaxies Unbound.  The mod only gets it's information from the game, it doesn't add anything new

@linuxgurugamer I've been testing the latest version, 6.0.1, and it's working OK (thank you very much!). However, the following topics are still outstanding (I checked the source code and the first 3 are actually still listed in the TODO.txt file of the current "master" in github):

#1.- "Min Science Slider" goes from 0.001 straight to 0.5; it'd be great if it could be set to values in-between, such as 0.004 or 0.005 (or even better, the possibility of inputting a numeric value!). Anyway, I finally realized I can simply edit the settings.cfg file and manually set it there, which sorts out the problem. :blush2: (in fact, and due to the wonders of floating point arithmetic, the value needed is 0.0049, heh).

#2.- The amount of science for subsequent runs of an experiment is not correctly calculated after the first run of that experiment in the current vessel (this is what I referred to as ``the inaccurate amount reported in the "Hear and Now" window´´), which in fact implies that [x]Science will sometimes asume the remaining science from an experiment is below the threshold specified when it is actually still above it.

#3.- It'd be awesome if the progress bars for each experiment both in the main and in the "Here and Now" windows could show 2 decimal digits precision, but I'm guessing that would make worse the "overflowing" topic I mention in the #4 below... so possibly better leaving this as is.

#4.- Also, the text "overflowing" the button (or the numbers overflowing the progress bar) as in the picture in my previous post is still happening. For the text on the button, maybe simply using a smaller font might suffice... The quickest way I can think of for verifying this (as well as topic #2 above) when starting a science (or career) from scratch is to cheat a pod with two Mystery Goo into *HIGH* Kerbin orbit and running both Mystery Goo experiments. Note the "Here and Now" window will read that next run of the experiment would yield 0.865 science. Recovering the pod, then launching it again and cheating again into *HIGH* Kerbin orbit will show the numbers overflowing the bar in the "Here and Now" window, which also will read a different number for the science yield of the next run of the experiment (0.799 if I remember correctly).

#5.- Oh, almost forgot... When trying the "Hide Min Science Slider" option, it does hide it but the window stays with the same size (I think the person that requested this, what they wanted was to actually have the window take up less space, so...). Also, if there are any available experiments then buttons start overlapping...  (see screenshots below). Sometimes after scene changes the window goes "back to normal" and gets smaller, but if you unselect the "Hide slider", then select it again, the issue comes up again.

ivokJcMt.png    aCijAsnt.png

All in all, the only thing I would really need fixed would be #2, the rest are mostly "cosmetical". I think I am going to try my hand at installing the IDE and see if I can first build and then fix any of these things, hopefully before your next coding stream this Tuesday, or the following one if not. :unsure: I'll get back to you with what I can get done, if anything at all, heh.

And of course, and more importantly, thank you very very much for all your help, and for all the time you dedicate, to this and to all the mods you create and maintain!

OK, I have point #2 above fixed and working OK...
Working on the rest of the stuff now...

@linuxgurugamer, some of the post-build commands are failing (all of them "system cannot find file", probably version file-related and probably because I don't have JQ installed. However, I can build and test the .dll OK; is that enough, or do you recommend that I install JQ? Also, what would be your preferred way of me relaying the changes to you? Should I try creating a branch and/or a pull-request to your GIT (I haven't used that for a while, and back then I seldom used the command-line version...). Would probably do that when I have all the topics sorted out... or discarded, heh (but different branches/PRs for each topic, of course). If it is easier for you, maybe you can do a quick walk-through of the branch/PR creation during your twitch stream this coming Tuesday... Thanks!

6 hours ago, alartor said:

OK, I have point #2 above fixed and working OK...
Working on the rest of the stuff now...

@linuxgurugamer, some of the post-build commands are failing (all of them "system cannot find file", probably version file-related and probably because I don't have JQ installed. However, I can build and test the .dll OK; is that enough, or do you recommend that I install JQ? Also, what would be your preferred way of me relaying the changes to you? Should I try creating a branch and/or a pull-request to your GIT (I haven't used that for a while, and back then I seldom used the command-line version...). Would probably do that when I have all the topics sorted out... or discarded, heh (but different branches/PRs for each topic, of course). If it is easier for you, maybe you can do a quick walk-through of the branch/PR creation during your twitch stream this coming Tuesday... Thanks!

For your testing, just comment out the lines in the batch file, you don't need that for testing. 

You can do either one branch for all, or one branch for each fix.

Remind me on Tuesday and I'll be happy to go over Github.

If we're talking new features, I'd love an extra set of AND filters for "current body", "current situation", and "current biome". So I can toggle on "all available on craft" then just restrict the shown results to "only current body, any biome, only landed" or "only current body, any situation, only current biome". Currently I just always type in the manual filter the name of the body and a biome and/or situation, and pretty much need to do so any time I use the main [x] science window.

• 2 weeks later...

New release, 6.0.1.1

• Thanks for github user @alartor:
    • Fixed value of next run of experiment being calculated incorrectly when runs of experiment already done but not yet recovered at KSC.
    • Set VeryLowMinScience to range from 0.0001 to 0.1
    • Fixed experiments not being re-classified as completed or incomplete (and hidden or shown) after a change in the MinScience threshold changes their "status".
    • Fixed 'Here and Now' window not resizing correctly when hiding MinScience slider.
    • Fixed position of experiment buttons in 'Here and Now' window when MinScience slider hidden.
    • Fixed experiments not being re-classified as incomplete (or completed) when switching between regular and VeryLowMinScience if MinScience slider hidden.
    • Fixed text spanning outside of buttons and/or progress bars in some cases.
    • Added the Recoverd+OnBoard science value to be shown below experiment description on experiment buttons in the 'Here and Now' window, and tooltip describing button contents.
    • Experiment values now shown with up to two decimal digits in progress bars.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for still maintaining this great mod!  I recently came back to play and found that the latest version isn't working in the latest KSP, I'm getting a NullReferenceException when I open the UI from the toolbar button.  I tested with only this mod and the required dependencies.  I tried re-installing everything thru CKAN and then tried installing the latest mod from github as well.

KSP Version: 1.12.4
Mod Version: 6.0.1.1
Dependencies:

• Click Thru Blocker 2.1.10.18
  • Toolbar Controller 0.1.9.8
  • SpaceTUX Lib 0.0.8.4

From the Player.log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScienceChecklist.ScienceContext.RefreshExperimentCache () [0x001a7] in <0d783d9026f24c788bb4b02a2c7704c6>:0 
  at ScienceChecklist.ScienceContext.Reset () [0x0003a] in <0d783d9026f24c788bb4b02a2c7704c6>:0 
  at ScienceChecklist.xScienceEventHandler.UpdateExperiments () [0x00052] in <0d783d9026f24c788bb4b02a2c7704c6>:0 
  at ScienceChecklist.xScienceEventHandler.Update () [0x0000c] in <0d783d9026f24c788bb4b02a2c7704c6>:0 
  at ScienceChecklist.ScienceChecklistAddon.Update () [0x0004d] in <0d783d9026f24c788bb4b02a2c7704c6>:0 

(Filename: <0d783d9026f24c788bb4b02a2c7704c6> Line: 0)

What I see in game: https://i.imgur.com/Ue3FkgO.jpg
Link to full Player.log file

Any chance this is an easy fix to get it up and running in the latest version? 

Thanks!

I'll take a look at it this evening

On 11/20/2022 at 5:37 AM, SwiftSlayer said:

What I see in game: https://i.imgur.com/Ue3FkgO.jpg
Link to full Player.log file

Any chance this is an easy fix to get it up and running in the latest version? 

Thanks!

Usually is, if it's a problem with the mod

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks like it's the new launcher, can you try running it bypassing the launcher?

I think I know where the issue is, will investigate it later this evening

I'm having the same issue even when bypassing the launcher. I'm still running through Steam but I have the launch parameter set to KSP_64.exe

Edit:

If I navigate to the game files and double click KSP_64.exe, no issue

If I open a terminal and run .\KSP_64.exe -popupwindow, no issue

If I run through Steam, now I have an issue. My Steam launch parameter is this: "D:\my-path\KSP_x64.exe" %command% -popupwindow

If I remove the %command% bit and run through Steam, now the launcher comes back so that's no good. (What does the %command% bit even do anyways?)

If I create a shortcut to KSP_64.exe and point Steam at that instead as described in this post, now I have no issue. "D:\my-path\KSP_x64.exe - Shortcut.lnk" %command% -popupwindow

Seems to be a problem with KSP running from the wrong working directory @linuxgurugamer

Still seems to be an issue after updating to 6.0.1.2

Edited by Tekaoh
More info

Thanks @linuxgurugamer for taking a look at this so quickly.  I updated to 6.0.1.2 but unfortunately the same issue  in some launch contexts.  I was running it thru steam with the '-popupwindow' launcher bypass method.

6 hours ago, Tekaoh said:

I'm having the same issue even when bypassing the launcher. I'm still running through Steam but I have the launch parameter set to KSP_64.exe

Edit:

If I run through Steam, now I have an issue. My Steam launch parameter is this: "D:\my-path\KSP_x64.exe" %command% -popupwindow

If I remove the %command% bit and run through Steam, now the launcher comes back so that's no good. (What does the %command% bit even do anyways?)

If I create a shortcut to KSP_64.exe and point Steam at that instead as described in this post, now I have no issue. "D:\my-path\KSP_x64.exe - Shortcut.lnk" %command% -popupwindow

Seems to be a problem with KSP running from the wrong working directory @linuxgurugamer

Still seems to be an issue after updating to 6.0.1.2

Thanks @Tekaoh for helping figure this out.  I can confirm similar results with 6.0.1.2. 

"If I run through Steam, now I have an issue. My Steam launch parameter is this: "D:\my-path\KSP_x64.exe" %command% -popupwindow" -  Error presents

"If I create a shortcut to KSP_64.exe and point Steam at that instead as described in this post, now I have no issue. "D:\my-path\KSP_x64.exe - Shortcut.lnk" %command% -popupwindow" - Works just fine.  I'll probably stick with this method since it works.

If I launch the launcher directly and then open the game thru the launcher, it works just fine.

I agree it seems to be something up with the context in which the game exe is launched.

15 hours ago, SwiftSlayer said:

Thanks @linuxgurugamer for taking a look at this so quickly.  I updated to 6.0.1.2 but unfortunately the same issue  in some launch contexts.  I was running it thru steam with the '-popupwindow' launcher bypass method.

I need an updated log file.

I'm having trouble getting the launcher to start, so need you to provide a log file every report

I was just able to get the launcher running, and the current version of the mod is working, at least for me.  Log file will have more info

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, mugetsuquanta said:

Can someone help me to install this ? im puzzled

If you're new to the game, I would suggest using CKAN.  It removes some/most of the hassle with manual installation and mod maintenance.

Otherwise, what problems are you having and what are you puzzled about?

3 hours ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

My icons are doing this,
dOQfK1j.png

No log, no support, although I'll make a guess that you are using the new Steam launcher.  It's broken a lot of mods in various ways.  I'm working my way through all my mods, I'll try to look at this one later today if I get some time

5 hours ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

My icons are doing this,
dOQfK1j.png

I just tested this using both CKAN and the Steam launcher, it works fine on both, so I really need to see your log file

Assuming you are using the launcher, would need to know the version of the launcher,

To get that, in the Launcher, click on the "Private Division" dropdown in the upper left, then scroll to the bottom and get the About version info and paste it here

Edited by linuxgurugamer

18 hours ago, Vphurple Izumi said:

My icons are doing this,
dOQfK1j.png

I had the same issue. Then I tried Tekaoh's method and it worked. It seems that in my case running KSP with the popular 'no-launcher-command' causes the issue.

If I run KSP with the launcher, the mod works fine.

If I run KSP with CKAN, it works fine.

Better yet: If I run KSP with Tekaoh's method: making a shortcut and letting steam use that instead (to bypass the launcher), it works fine.

Here is Tekaoh's solution (I made the section bold that works and avoids the launcher):

Edited by Crunch0r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.